• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
    Was there a C21 Rick drop in NYC?
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I was thinking along the same lines as a lot of it seems to be "leftovers" which you typically see at discount places.. odd colors, pieces that didn't make it to many stores etc.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

he's a "celebrity" hairstylist in NYC who became obsessed with buying the non-black pieces from Rick [& other designers] - looks like he's moving on from rick entirely now!
        —
        -

Comment

• upsilonkng
          • May 2010

he's all over the place from large women's leathers to xxl mens leathers and not a single one really fits... impressive amount of non fitting clothes. if i had a gif for this it would definitely be Homer trying to eat that donut while getting whacked in the head everytime..

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
            he's a "celebrity" hairstylist in NYC who became obsessed with buying the non-black pieces from Rick [& other designers] - looks like he's moving on from rick entirely now!
            lol.

Insane people are drawn to fashion like flies to shit.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

Very rare, not cheap but its yohji hermes and trust me the colour is stunning.

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

god if only i either had that kind of money to spend on a bag, or that was cheaper

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

If it wasn't "Yohji Hermes" none of you would even look twice.
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

I don't really get that, what do you mean exactly?
                    Hermes is by far the best quality product out there, its a classic simple shape for an everyday bag, yohji just played with the proportions. When it was presented on the runway it worked so well without it being over complex or designed. What else do you want from a bag?

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

well, besides the fact that there is obviously a lot to be said for any name, that statement was neither necessary nor a great epiphany.

a name is going to draw a reaction almost no matter what, even if you don't know the name.

as for hermes, i've owned a few hermes pieces myself, and it's awesome stuff. i'd buy it again, regardless of yohji's name. however, considering the legendary prowess of yamamoto, i'm going to be more interested in his take on a beautifully crafted bag.

so yeah, i did look a little bit because it was yohji; don't know why you're getting at that

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Looks kinda crap, no? Something a computer programmer would carry to work. I am sure the leather is very nice.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

^I think it's probably supposed to be something a computer programmer would carry to work. Perfect market and they make enough money to cover it, so...probably the perfect piece to market that way. :)

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

$10,000 boring bag. "The leather is very nice." It had fucking better be. Rare find, sure. Good.. not at all.

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

each to their own;

Personally i have owned various m.a+ guidi bags and the ones i get the most compliments on are the simplest. Not that it matters so much to me, but i use a simple guidi tote most days that is basically a leather box. I don't see why people can't appreciate the craftsmanship of hermes, and then Yohji's take on a simple classic bag. Has this forum gone so fully against classic; i mean why for fucks sake.
                              Everything needs to be balanced right, if yourout is more of an expression then a simple bag will compliment it, rather than over complexing the composition. Rick does very simple basic leather bags but when you really look at hermes compared to rick the difference in crafmanship is evident.

I guess you must be so desperate to difference yourselves from an office worker... where as i see it already far apart. Id rather have this bag over any boris, m.a+, guidi, or carol... even though I'm waiting for my vest pack to be delivered. I personally think its timeless way after all this goth ninja shit is over.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Why start with "to each their own" and end with an attack?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎