Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

We've had this discussion about reselling before - I don't see the problem. Supply and demand. Pretty basic stuff. People pay what they are willing to pay. No one is putting a gun to your head... yada yada...

I've had people buy stuff off me and then resell it for double. I remember getting outraged PMs about it. Don't know - my fault for not selling it for more in the first place.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• guardimp
      • Jun 2010

If you have no problem with people buying items from good finds to flip would you have a problem with people listing their own items in good finds? Seems both things pervert the idea of the thread to make money for one individual.

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Community VS Profit. I'm glad I'm still naive enough to wish to be part of a community, whatever loss of profit that means. Anyway, we've had this discussion countless times and FMC wrote a pretty nice piece of text not too long ago about it.
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• IALAB
          Banned
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          We've had this discussion about reselling before - I don't see the problem. Supply and demand. Pretty basic stuff. People pay what they are willing to pay. No one is putting a gun to your head... yada yada...

I've had people buy stuff off me and then resell it for double. I remember getting outraged PMs about it. Don't know - my fault for not selling it for more in the first place.
          Good attitude about this. People getting upset about other people reselling makes me laugh.

Comment

• hausofblaq
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
            If you have no problem with people buying items from good finds to flip would you have a problem with people listing their own items in good finds? Seems both things pervert the idea of the thread to make money for one individual.
            As long it's the flipping isn't done on here, I don't see any problem with it. Listing your own items in good finds is a bit different however, you're just shamelessly self-promoting. The point of good finds is to pass on information to someone who may make better use of the item, whether it's to wear or to flip, its their own choice. It's not a place to dump all the crap that you yourself don't want any more.

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
              As long it's the flipping isn't done on here, I don't see any problem with it.
              What's the difference If he flips it here or somewhere else?

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Concerning yourself with where and how other men sell their clothes is kind of a nightmare reality, isn't it?

Comment

• IALAB
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2014

Arkasha, you are right.

Comment

• guardimp
                    • Jun 2010

Why bother posting good finds here if they are going to be flipped? I would sooner someone who wants the item get it then post it up for a bunch of vultures to grab on to.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                      Why bother posting good finds here if they are going to be flipped? I would sooner someone who wants the item get it then post it up for a bunch of vultures to grab on to.
                      Dude no offence but are you deluded?
                      Of course I am posting this for "you" and of course I am aware there are tons of lurkers who are going to pick this up faster than the community.
                      And holy shit, yes someone will flip it for a $200 profit. Welcome to the real world. Should I not have posted it? This place sometimes...
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

As I mentioned it earlier, I may as well post it:

Originally posted by fit magna caedes

But more generally: it's not like most posters here pass on good finds because they can't afford the investment necessary to flip them. We pass on buying and flipping because it's a dick move. Someone found it and passed the link on instead of buying it and making a profit. Then a whole bunch of other posters also passed on buying it and making a profit, because they didn't want to wear it and someone might actually be really looking for that one piece. And then some dick comes along, snags it, and sells it higher. All their profit is being made at the expense of their fellow poster. It's bullshit.

It's one of the reasons I prefer to give away my old shit to friends than sell it on here--I'd end up under-pricing and seeing someone resell it a week later for more to someone who just had the bad luck to be exploited by an ultra-capitalist "hustler" asshole.

The money's not important, it's the attitude. Predatory assholes are bad no matter whether it's you who gets preyed upon or some anonymous newb.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by IALAB View Post
                          Arkasha, you are right.
                          без сомнения.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            Dude no offence but you are you deluded.
                            Of course I am posting this for "you" and of course I am aware there are tons of lurkers who are going to pick this up faster than the community.
                            And holy shit, yes someone will flip it for a $200 profit. Welcome to the real world. Should I not have posted it? This place sometimes...
                            Fixed. Quadrimp has become the new village idiot of SZ.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hausofblaq
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                              What's the difference If he flips it here or somewhere else?
                              Just to enforce that sense of community on SZ. If you buy it and flip it, don't rip off fellow members, you can sell it to some other poor soul who may be interested.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                                Thanks Bukka.

I still stand by what I wrote before, even if it does make me naïve/whatevs. I don't think we should blame mrbeuys though, he wanted to pass on a good deal, I mean, what should he have done? PM all the people he thought might be interested? Flippers gonna flip. I wouldn't sell to/buy from or otherwise assist someone I saw doing it, but I understand not everyone cares about it as much.

In short, I still think flippers are ultra-capitalist predatory assholes, but I can no-more stop them doing it than they can stop me thinking that about them.
                                Obviously. The whole thing is beyond absurd. Some people...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎