• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Good Finds

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="DHC"]Good call Albert. That post has been taken care of. Thanks. So your in the market for the large accordion bag? The same one A had sold out of? I'll keep an eagle eye out for it. If I find it I'll let you know.
    [/quote]

Thanks brother!

It's this one:

I haven't seen it anywhere aside from Minorityrev's blog. I don't believe A carried it (I think they only got the superlarge accordion bag with the raw edged top flap, not any kind that had a closing clasp). I'm not dying for the bag really (my homemade accordion messenger bag is suiting me just lovely), but am definitely curious as to the price... I've got two pairs of CCP gloves at A spoken for whenever they arrive from Carol to A, and I may be getting a pair of oxfords so I'm good for a bit haha. Damn these guys for creating such awesome designs season after season!

[/quote]

how big is the bag? if it's small, it might look like a purse.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="klangspiel"]

A good idea would be to keep this sub-forum private -- at least that might prevent some public onlookers, i.e. trolls.

Then again, jumping to the conclusion that an outbid is a consequence of someone sharing a link here is a bit too quick?

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure we're not the only clientele for proxies or the only people into the world of choice Y! offers when it comes to fashion. Even superfuture has a pretty large pool of people and access to the same proxies. Could be an idea to make this thread private though, since its really a way for members to give each others heads up.

On the other hand I remember that when we started it was easier to get rare and sought after items for a good price and members would avoid bidding against each others. I got my Carpe leather shirt for a good price and I think Coldrice and another membergraciously stayed out of the bid since I said I was interested. I doubt I'd get such a great deal now. So yeah, lurkers and numerous members make the prices go up, the market being so limited and all.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="DHC"]Good call Albert. That post has been taken care of. Thanks. So your in the market for the large accordion bag? The same one A had sold out of? I'll keep an eagle eye out for it. If I find it I'll let you know.
        [/quote]

Thanks brother!

It's this one:

I haven't seen it anywhere aside from Minorityrev's blog. I don't believe A carried it (I think they only got the superlarge accordion bag with the raw edged top flap, not any kind that had a closing clasp). I'm not dying for the bag really (my homemade accordion messenger bag is suiting me just lovely), but am definitely curious as to the price... I've got two pairs of CCP gloves at A spoken for whenever they arrive from Carol to A, and I may be getting a pair of oxfords so I'm good for a bit haha. Damn these guys for creating such awesome designs season after season!

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're so right Joey. Which calls to mind the reverse calf skin ma+ bag for fall 07 at A. It is all wrong for men (with the exception of men who are into wearing purses).

As far as this thread becoming private. I think its a bad idea. After all this isn't a "dib call" thread. I like the fact that there is a thread that everyone can come to, lurkers or not, to find some slammin' deals on great items. I love it that people share their finds for another's gain.

It would be great if calling dibs worked (and yes I was irritated by the fact that it doesn't), but this is not a perfect world we live in (which is a painfully obvious fact that everyone is privy to). Personally, I'm just going to refrain from posting items I'm interested in, taking a cue from Winston and Casius. Problem solved?

Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I've never posted items here that I'm bidding on. its not that I wouldn't trust most people here to respect my "dibs" on it, but I dont see much use in posting before purchase. what goes for items that one person posts and another one wants to get, its a bit tricky of course since someone can snatch it without saying :P

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

^really? I'm more and more excited now! I didn't handle the one they had at A (the one you just sold) but it looked really lovely.

In keeping with the thread, this may fit you Merz. I know you're always on the lookout for small sized pieces:

It's a 42 for 19000 yen BIN. It's all you man!

[/quote]

Merz, didn't you grab this shirt? I guess they have another one to sell.

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w14742674

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Orochi
              • Sep 2007

They carry NDC, Unconditional, Acne, YMC, etc. I'll probably get this knit with the discount-Unconditional sells out fast with their smaller sizes.

Comment

• gusgusterson
                • Mar 2007

Older Helmut Lang items from a never heard of webstore: Allanio

Reminds me of Century 21 HL stock ~1999.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

Have you actually held the MA+ reverse calf leather man purse? what makes it a man purse. its huge. all wrong for men? how? then would you say the calf leather version from spring is also a man purse?

[quote user="DHC"][quote user="ddohnggo"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Thanks brother!

It's this one:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're so right Joey. Which calls to mind the reverse calf skin ma+ bag for fall 07 at A. It is all wrong for men (with the exception of men who are into wearing purses).

As far as this thread becoming private. I think its a bad idea. After all this isn't a "dib call" thread. I like the fact that there is a thread that everyone can come to, lurkers or not, to find some slammin' deals on great items. I love it that people share their finds for another's gain.

It would be great if calling dibs worked (and yes I was irritated by the fact that it doesn't), but this is not a perfect world we live in (which is a painfully obvious fact that everyone is privy to). Personally, I'm just going to refrain from posting items I'm interested in, taking a cue from Winston and Casius. Problem solved?

[/quote]
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Yes Philip I have. I actually went to purchase it. Offended? Not my intention to offend anyone here. Believe me, Amadei is the shite in my book. I can see why you would be offended if you are. I take any nay saying of his work personally for some reason. lol.

So the one I held was approximately 13" wide? Give or take an inch. He did 2 sizes in that bag that I know of. The other is approximately 20" Much larger and a great bag. The one that A shows on the site looks like its the smaller size and I could be wrong about that. Not talking about the bag pictured below either. Seriously though dude, the smaller one is a straight up man purse.

[quote user="philip nod"]

Have you actually held the MA+ reverse calf leather man purse? what makes it a man purse. its huge. all wrong for men? how? then would you say the calf leather version from spring is also a man purse?

[quote user="DHC"][quote user="ddohnggo"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Thanks brother!

It's this one:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Sartorialoft

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

^ well i had never considered mine to be a man purse since it's like a truck under my arm and a great travel bag w 3 massive compartments. i didn't know there was a smaller size so as per yr desc. it does sound like a man purse. yes, its easy to get defensive about such things because they cost so much and i love it so much, i actually used to have the straight up calf leather but the single clasp structure failed to keep everything in, so i traded for the double clasp which is really functional. and the bag itself w the silvery grey reverse calf reminds of sonic youth's silver rocket. so thats cool.
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]The winner had 650+ feedback and all items range in terms of what they are... from music cd's to anime etc. It's too wide a range of items and very few (I saw none actually) luxury goods won. Most definitely a proxy.[/quote]

Analysis worthy of

Albert, if it's any consolation - I did not like that bag in any way, shape, or form, and I doubt you would, too. Besides, I have something coming to me soon that will make you forget that bag. Standby.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="gusgusterson"]

Older Helmut Lang items from a never heard of webstore: Allanio

Reminds me of Century 21 HL stock ~1999.

[/quote]
                          Ah, my dirty little internet secret revealed... Authentic stuff, zero communication/measurements, though.

Comment

• kallun
                            • Dec 2006

Hi guys.

Regarding the lurker issue. Although itis probablytrue that lurkerson this threadbid on good finds it mayalso work the other way around. I am a frequent buyer on Y japan etc. and often look at items that later show up in this thread (and the other way around of course). However, as I enjoy this forum quite a bit despite being mostlysilent I always respect the dibs as called on here. This has meant several times that I have avoided placing bids even though I have initially found the item by searching and not via this thread.

Just something to think about... and thanks for the great info on SZ!

/TKL

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

That's so awesome Faust! This is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE SZ!

Philip, I believe I have the very same bag just done in horse not calf. 3 spacious compartments and hands down my favorite weekend bag. I adore it just as you do my friend! [75]

Sartorialoft

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

hmmm, i'd like to see the bag you're going to have access to faust!
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎