• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Good finds

It's by faliero sarti and it was in my dreambox too. [:'(]
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]It's by faliero sarti and it was in my dreambox too. [:'(]
      [/quote]

Ah, Ok - that's what I thought. Sorry, laika. Maybe you guys can mail each other stuff to wear :-)

P.S. How do you feel about the Cloak sample sale? ;-) Right in your hood.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

What is it with me and the scarves--I really need one, and they keep slipping through my fingers. [*-)] I need to do something about this, because it's really cold now. Any ideas, hmmm? That Sarti one was probably not the best color for me anyway...

I'm sure I will end up stopping by the sale at some point, since it's right around the corner. Are you going to go, Faust?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

laika, go to the sample sale and buy up all the nice things in M (esp. f/w 2004!) and i'll give you the scarf as a present ;) haha.

there's plenty of nice s/s sarti scarves up. granted they won't be super warm- but probably warmer than you think.

Comment

• irrlicht
            • Jan 2007

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

i was talking about babar ^

i bought the scarf. haha. funny how we can find who bought what on this board alone!

[/quote]

a good purchase indeed mr.coldrice[Y]. just knew it must be someone here who bought it.. been lurking here for a long while.. i was waiting for a free shipping code to pull the trigger.

anyways.. what do you guys think of this?

Comment

• irrlicht
              • Jan 2007

--- and yes.. someone please go to the cloak sample sale and sell them here [:P]

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

What is it with me and the scarves--I really need one, and they keep slipping through my fingers. [*-)] I need to do something about this, because it's really cold now. Any ideas, hmmm? That Sarti one was probably not the best color for me anyway...

I'm sure I will end up stopping by the sale at some point, since it's right around the corner. Are you going to go, Faust?

[/quote]

I don't know. Really stretched out financially at the moment. What about you? I'm sure the good stuff will go fast. Is your boyfriend a fan?

How about this one? I like.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="irrlicht"][quote user="xcoldricex"]

i bought the scarf. haha. funny how we can find who bought what on this board alone!

[/quote]

a good purchase indeed mr.coldrice[Y]. just knew it must be someone here who bought it.. been lurking here for a long while.. i was waiting for a free shipping code to pull the trigger.

[/quote]

It looks okay... but I'm not a big fan of jewelry really. I've never seen Yoox actually put a description of a designer's style on an item page! Weird!

Regardless, it's been sold... did you pick it up?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="irrlicht"][quote user="xcoldricex"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it's sold out. The free shipping code is ENJOYOOX.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

I don't know. Really stretched out financially at the moment. What about you? I'm sure the good stuff will go fast. Is your boyfriend a fan?

How about this one? I like.

[/quote]

That's really lovely, I just wish it was another color. My outerwear is all black or navy.

Yeah, I also think the good stuff will go very quickly. I find it difficult to get excited about sample sales these days--the lines and the people in them irritate me to no end, i'm afraid. My boyfriend loved the label when it first came out, but eventually became rather disgusted with the prices. He did get a really nice Cloak peacoat at the Barney's sale this year, though.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

laika, go to the sample sale and buy up all the nice things in M (esp. f/w 2004!) and i'll give you the scarf as a present ;) haha.

there's plenty of nice s/s sarti scarves up. granted they won't be super warm- but probably warmer than you think.

[/quote]

that's really sweet of you--would I have to give you the Cloak stuff though? [:P]

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

harhar [:D][Y]

Comment

• irrlicht
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

It looks okay... but I'm not a big fan of jewelry really. I've never seen Yoox actually put a description of a designer's style on an item page! Weird!

Regardless, it's been sold... did you pick it up?

[/quote]

yes..i'll just wait and see how it is... didn't know if it's sterling silver or not tho

also.. i am considering these boots on seven, they are 50% off. worth it?

Comment

• onemancult
                              • Dec 2006

I went and tried the boots on a few weeks ago and was very, very underwhelmed after having spent quite some time lusting after them.

The zipper quality is very, very bad- and, wouldn't you expect an item whose focal
                              point is that it is covered in zippers to use high-quality zips?

They're exciting to look at but just didn't seem to do it for me in person.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

reports on the cloak sale? seems like its good... i'm sure many of us on here would make it worth your time to hook us up ;)

size M jackets/blazers/tops size 41 boots! :D you NYC kids have it way too nice...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎