• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

Re: Spring-Summer 07 Sales

dontorder from U&I boutique over the phone, if you can help it. they're shady as hell, and downright rude at times.

last week, they were having 20% off their collections. the store owner tells me that 30% off is their highest markdown, but i mention something about their 50% off sale, supposedly coming up soon (i was in contact with a superfuturian who happens to be an employee there), and he like, freaks out and tells me that he's been in business for like, TEN YEARS, and that he is like, SO HONEST and wouldNEVER lie about something like that! and then says, fine, ill give you 30% off any more items you decide to buy today, but the vest (that i hadalreadyplanned on buying)will only be 20% off. i told him that his 'offer' made absolutely no sense, and that if he was willing to extend me 30% off any other items, then i should be able to get the same discount for the vest. he flipped the fuck out AGAIN, and told me that he was the store manager, and that he didnt usually deal with sales (shocking), and that i should call back later so another sales associate could "deal" with me. so i did, and i told the associate that the store owner offered me 30% off the vest. =)

and apparently they've done price adjustments in the past (according to the sf member/employee), so i called back today, and inquired about the long cardigan... i also mentioned that ifelt mislead about the sale by the store owner, and asked a simple question about their policy on price adjustments, and the girl decides to get crazy with me ("ummm... NO. that means that any person this season could walk back in and get 50% off, ha!").

Comment

• deuxmille
      • Nov 2006

That's silly I've never really been comfortable shopping in that store for many reasons, one being that they are paid by commissions so they keep telling you how good you look in anything while always bringing more stuff even if you don't ask. They also used to have the creepiest salesperson I've ever encountered.

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

Double post

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

dontorder from U&I boutique over the phone, if you can help it. they're shady as hell, and downright rude at times.

last week, they were having 20% off their collections. the store owner tells me that 30% off is their highest markdown, but i mention something about their 50% off sale, supposedly coming up soon (i was in contact with a superfuturian who happens to be an employee there), and he like, freaks out and tells me that he's been in business for like, TEN YEARS, and that he is like, SO HONEST and wouldNEVER lie about something like that! and then says, fine, ill give you 30% off any more items you decide to buy today, but the vest (that i hadalreadyplanned on buying)will only be 20% off. i told him that his 'offer' made absolutely no sense, and that if he was willing to extend me 30% off any other items, then i should be able to get the same discount for the vest. he flipped the fuck out AGAIN, and told me that he was the store manager, and that he didnt usually deal with sales (shocking), and that i should call back later so another sales associate could "deal" with me. so i did, and i told the associate that the store owner offered me 30% off the vest. =)

and apparently they've done price adjustments in the past (according to the sf member/employee), so i called back today, and inquired about the long cardigan... i also mentioned that ifelt mislead about the sale by the store owner, and asked a simple question about their policy on price adjustments, and the girl decides to get crazy with me ("ummm... NO. that means that any person this season could walk back in and get 50% off, ha!").

[/quote]

Chris, if you want something from there I'll be happy to pick it up for you, this should save you the hassle.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

That's silly I've never really been comfortable shopping in that store for many reasons, one being that they are paid by comissions so they keep telling you how good you look in anything while always bringing more stuff even if you don't ask. They also used to have the creepiest salesperson I've ever encountered.

[/quote]

I like shopping there because they leave me alone or chit chat.....guess shopping experiences are all different...

Who was the creep btw?

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

The older guy with the bald head. I think they should stop hiring any student that has enough money to look decent and not much knowledge of the brands they carry. Maybe I've just been unlucky though...

Comment

• mass
                • Sep 2006

i've still never been in there!

Comment

• kucejoe
                  • Sep 2006

I did not know they worked on commission at U & I...that explains a lot (like why one of them quite literally dragged me across the room to try on a junya coat once).

I've actually never had a bad experience with the older bald guy (except that his t-shirt is 3 sizes too small).

I'm still going to drop by this weekend (I liked the one button Mihara blazer...and I don't own any blazers). Does anyone know if the store ever puts the shoes at 50%?

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• drexl
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="kucejoe"]

I did not know they worked on commission at U & I...that explains a lot (like why one of them quite literally dragged me across the room to try on a junya coat once).

I've actually never had a bad experience with the older bald guy (except that his t-shirt is 3 sizes too small).

I'm still going to drop by this weekend (I liked the one button Mihara blazer...and I don't own any blazers). Does anyone know if the store ever puts the shoes at 50%?

[/quote]

Haha, yeah Eric (the owner) tends to be pushy on the sales, the other Eric (bald headed dude) hasn't bothered me as of yet, prolly cuz he leaves me alone.

The Mihara is nice, and quite affordable at 50% off (the short one button one was like $300-something after markdown?). Yup, shoes usually go down to 50%, although I don't know when exactly they mark it down some more. If you're waiting for the Ann laceups though, there's only a size 41.5 and 43 left, so it might be good to take the plunge right now if you really want them.

On a semi-related note, anyone know when Michel Brisson goes on 50% off and if the Rick Owens is included?

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="drexl"][quote user="kucejoe"]

[/quote]

Haha, yeah Eric (the owner) tends to be pushy on the sales, the other Eric (bald headed dude) hasn't bothered me as of yet, prolly cuz he leaves me alone.

The Mihara is nice, and quite affordable at 50% off (the short one button one was like $300-something after markdown?). Yup, shoes usually go down to 50%, although I don't know when exactly they mark it down some more. If you're waiting for the Ann laceups though, there's only a size 41.5 and 43 left, so it might be good to take the plunge right now if you really want them.

On a semi-related note, anyone know when Michel Brisson goes on 50% off and if the Rick Owens is included?

[/quote]

Last season they marked the RO down to 70% after a while, they had a few shirts in my size, too bad his stuff fits awful on me.

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

They told me they were going on sale at the end of june and that the Rick Owens is going to be included, yes.

Argh, too bad Im stuck at work, I was looking at the Mihara blazer on Atelier's site.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                          • Mar 2007

RE: cloak on sale at Opening Ceremony LA

i'm going tomorrow, but i was there a few weeks ago, and the guy said that the Cloak wasnt going to go on sale "at the LA store". (makes no sense, cause they have a decent amount they need to get rid of).

Comment

• ionn26
                            • Feb 2007

SO.... anyone know if A still has the CCP jeans and RO's silver horse leather jacket... and are they on sale??

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

RO leather isn't on sale. and i'm 99.99999% sure ccp isn't either.
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ionn26
                                • Feb 2007

bummer.... my hope fades...[:'(] Oh well.. a penny saved is a penny earned

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎