Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamacdonell
    • Sep 2010

Raw thank you for the link to the other thread, had some general quality comments.

Widmerpool, do you think run true to size?

Dawn, thank you for your post as well, seems to go against most of the other opinions I have read but Vapidly seems pretty insistent so I will definitely consider it.

Comment

• gohn
      • Mar 2009

The best part of Marsell's boots is the leather treatment, hand made in Italy. Personally, I prefer Marsell's bag and wallet than boots. Boots are not bad, but not ideal

Besides, Marsell's female looks better than men's line.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Marsell uses Guidi leather, so the quality of leather is good - don't have personal experience with quality of construction. I also like the chunky shaved women's heels. The bags on ln-cc look nice.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamacdonell
          • Sep 2010

More great feedback, thanks to Faust and gohn

Comment

• widmerpool
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zamacdonell View Post
            Raw thank you for the link to the other thread, had some general quality comments.

Widmerpool, do you think run true to size?

Dawn, thank you for your post as well, seems to go against most of the other opinions I have read but Vapidly seems pretty insistent so I will definitely consider it.
            Mine are 43 and I usually wear a 44. But I couldn't say how consistent that might be across styles, both mine are back zips.

Mine have come completely unscathed through the last two Moscow winters, when the weather has been more than usually shitty, so that is evidence enough of their construction quality for me. The soles on mine are sewn on, so I'd be surprised to see them detaching.
            http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Marsell uses Guidi leather, so the quality of leather is good - don't have personal experience with quality of construction. I also like the chunky shaved women's heels. The bags on ln-cc look nice.
              thought they smelled familiar.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                • Oct 2010

Between Guidi, MA+ and Augusta, which one would you choose and why?

So far I've only had experience with Guidi and MA+ which both use Guidi leather so would like some feedback and comparison with Augusta as well. I've deliberately left CCP out because quite honestly I think it trumps all.

On a side note, do you think it's worth paying the premium on a pair of MA+ boots over a pair of Guidi's seeing that they both use Guidi leather (so I'm guessing the same quality)? If so, why?

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by zamacdonell View Post
                  I tried to look back in the thread so forgive me if this has already been addressed, does anyone have any experience with Marsell footwear?

I'm interested in a pair of the boots and was wondering if anyone that may have tried them on irl has any information on fit/quality.
                  For what it's worth, the few pairs of Marsell I've tried on were one size off (as mentioned above). I wear a 42 typically, but wear a 41 in Marsell.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    For what it's worth, the few pairs of Marsell I've tried on were one size off (as mentioned above). I wear a 42 typically, but wear a 41 in Marsell.
                    I can second that. I'm typically a size 41 and the size 40 backzips were spot on for me. If I remember correctly, I think their lace up boots run even bigger as I think even the size 40 was too big for me...

Comment

• gnow
                      • Jun 2010

Hi T,

As for your Guidi, MA+, Augusta etc. comparision, heres a good start, http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ead.php?t=3757

Its only 3-4 pages long, so I don't see how difficult it could be for one to read it.

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
                      Between Guidi, MA+ and Augusta, which one would you choose and why?

So far I've only had experience with Guidi and MA+ which both use Guidi leather so would like some feedback and comparison with Augusta as well. I've deliberately left CCP out because quite honestly I think it trumps all.

On a side note, do you think it's worth paying the premium on a pair of MA+ boots over a pair of Guidi's seeing that they both use Guidi leather (so I'm guessing the same quality)? If so, why?
                      Last edited by gnow; 04-19-2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                        • Oct 2010

gnow: Thanks for that. Not sure how I missed that when searching...
                        Last edited by mixmaster7_91; 04-19-2011, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• zamacdonell
                          • Sep 2010

Wow, thanks again to everyone who responded with regards to Marsell footwear. Got great advice on all my questions, if I end up ordering them it will definitely be with confidence

Comment

• (((o
                            • May 2009

Just thought I'd share a picture of my recent pair of summer shoes. Made by asho here on SZ and they're currently on the way from Aus. I told him what I wanted, ideas about leather, type of shoe etc. and he came up with these. And I must say I'm really happy with the end result.
                            i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2009

These are the shoes I was looking for

Where can I buy them?

Originally posted by (((o View Post
                              DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

Just thought I'd share a picture of my recent pair of summer shoes. Made by asho here on SZ and they're currently on the way from Aus. I told him what I wanted, ideas about leather, type of shoe etc. and he came up with these. And I must say I'm really happy with the end result.

Comment

• (((o
                                • May 2009

^ Just contact asho here on SZ and he'll probably be able to make you a pair as well.
                                i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎