• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanna
    • May 2008

Originally posted by semper View Post
    you mean these?
    Yes! I'd wear these. Thanks for finding them!
    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Leather pants can be awesome. If I would ever buy one it had to be matte black. Really liking the one Dji posted! But it can also make you look like morpheus.

Agreed with the Ann D leggings being great for women! My gf normally is afraid to wear this type of clothing, so I had to buy it for her in order to make her wear it. Now she loves is :)

I wore my leather pants like 10 years ago and friggin loved it! Wore it at least 2 times a week back then. But now it has been in my closet unworn for I think 6-7 years or so. My gf thinks it's totally gay. I also cannot see me incorporate this into my wardrobe anymore, but rather keep it for old times sake :)
      Click here for a bonuspic but be careful for the color lol :p
      Grailed link

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

I really hate it when girlfriends say something like this. They, of all people, have to know you are not. Is she afraid of other people's thoughts about you? Just wear them if you like them. Not sure about the colour though. Thanks for the warning, it helped.

I really like Interest1's pic. This is as good as it gets. For men, i would want to try the BBS eternal posted or the Julius ones, but I guess I am not a leather pants guy. For the overall look, I agree that a heavy knit or cardigan works wonders to soften the look.

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
          I really hate it when girlfriends say something like this. They, of all people, have to know you are not. Is she afraid of other people's thoughts about you? Just wear them if you like them.
          Well I really could care less about what she thinks She thinks i'm crazy anyway whenever I show her something new, but that's ok haha
          Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Somebody should post the epic DKNY leather pants sale listing from Ebay some time ago.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

Speaking of Balenciaga and leather, this house made a pair of super tight deep red, coated jeans in 2009/2010 that fit like a glove and look just like leather!

People constantly ask "How did you get a pair of leather pants that fit so well? and I laugh and say "Well, they aren't leather! :)"

Any pics of the Balenciaga leather pants you speak of, Faust?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Not that I know of. Saw them at Barneys.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• david s
                  • Jul 2010

Funny enough I am in the midst of a major wardrobe purge and all of the shiny leather pants ended up in the to get rid of pile.

The one problem I always found with shiny leather is that it catches on things (e.g. easy to rip).

The two best iterations of leather pants are the Layer-0 pair I purchased from Lowrey earlier in the year & a gray pair of blistered lamb leather from Ann D, probably from 2003.

Will post the pix tomorrow of them & the pile of shiny leather ones
                  It's absolutely Hedious!
                  shy poser

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

How Jim Morrison got his leather pants

Ray Manzarek, the keyboardist of The Doors, reminisced in a recent radio show how he helped Jim Morrison get leather pants. Ray recalled how Jim brought the subject up.

– I wanna wear leather pants.
                    – Why, man?
                    – Like Marlon Brando in The Fugitive Kind.
                    – Oh, I got you, like Marlon Brando snake-skin jacket?
                    – Exactly, man. I cannot afford a snake-skin jacket, but we can afford a pair of leather pants.
                    – Okay.
                    – Where can I get ‘em?
                    – God, you know, at a cowboy store? I don’t know where you get leather pants, Jim, but let me look around.

There was a leather shop in Beverly Hills, on Little Santa Monica Boulevard, kept by an old tailor from Germany. Ray went into the shop.

– Can you make leather pants?
                    – But of course I can make leather pants. That’s what I do here.
                    – Show me some leather.
                    – This is glove leather. Look at this, this is kid glove leather.

Ray felt the leather. It was the softest leather he had ever felt. In a little while, Ray returned to the shop with Jim.

– Feel this leather, man. Bring out that kid glove leather. Jim, look at this, man.
                    – This is perfect, this is it, man. This is soft, that’s what I want.
                    – I thought you wanted something like stiff kind of leather, like cow…
                    – I don’t want cow hide, man, I want this kid glove leather, that’s what I want.

Ray asked the tailor whether he could make a pair of pants out of the leather. The tailor was skeptical.

– That is for gloves! You do not make pants, why do you think it’s called glove leather? It’s kid glove leather. That’s for gloves. You cannot make pants out of it.

Jim insisted and the tailor agreed.

– Can’t you make me a pair of pants?
                    – Well, you know, I can. I’ve never done it… I can do it. I can work anything in leather. Let me take your measurements.

The tailor was in for another surprise.

– What kind of a cut do you like? You like this with a double pleat and do you like a lot of room and…
                    – No, no, no. Cut them like jeans. Cut my pants like Levi’s.
                    – What?! You want this finest leather cut like Levi’s? Like cowboy pants? What is the matter with you?
                    – That’s what I want.
                    – All right, I will do it. Come back in two weeks.

The tailor took Jim’s measurements and sure enough, in two weeks the leather pants were ready. Ray remembers being impressed.

– They were super. They just fit. They were like snake skin. He looked like a snake, man. He looked like a black mamba. He put on those leather pants and from the waist down he had turned into a black mamba. That was the beginning of the reign of Jim Morrison the sex symbol, Jim Morrison the sex idol, on stage, when he became the black mamba. That was it, man, it was all over. All the women who saw him just absolutely fell in love.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Jim could rock leather pants, that's for sure.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                        • Jun 2009

Just bought a pair of leather pants from Jona's 2011 collection. Is aw them at the presentation and have been selling my life to be able to afford them. Too bad I probably wont wear them for 6 months.
                        Le 21ème

Comment

• Fenix
                          • Aug 2010

hdg- if these leathers are the cracked ones I am thinking of they are the first leather pants I've even considered. They are sick, hope you enjoy them.
                          Originally posted by hausofblaq
                          Grow up.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                            • Jun 2009

They are indeed. They are a bit shiny out of the package, but I'm going to trash them until they have a bit more of a matte finish.
                            Le 21ème

Comment

• docus
                              • Dec 2010

This thread needs more fit pics, especially of the blistered detroits!

Comment

• Soul Pill
                                • Feb 2011

Possibly the only leather trousers I could imagine wearing:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎