X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal
    • Mar 2007

Leather pants

This thread is dedicated to leather pants/jeans and shorts if you like.

It's not limited to men, so all the women of SZ feel free to post your favorites, I know I will as well.
    Last edited by Eternal; 06-11-2015, 12:48 PM. Reason: broken links
  • triumphoftiredeyes
    • Feb 2009

I tried on the Burberry Prorsum leather Biker Pant on, all I could think of is was "Well I'm ready for Gay Pride." Not will to shell out 2,195 for a pant that I will only wear may two or three times.

However I do have to say that they are beautifully made and fit well IMO. Maybe if there is a pair that hits sale I'll reconsidered, but just because 'its to fun to stay at the YMCA."
    "Men are the dreams of shadows." - Pindar

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Could have sworn we had a thread on the very same topic not a couple of months ago...
      Anyway, I recently bought these Ann pants off wire and had them altered to fit like my Detroits, and I love them to bits. Never felt more comfortable in pants. They are quite loose which is how I think they should be worn and super tough. I fell down some stairs the other night which left a huge bruise on my leg, yet not even a scratch on the pants.

I also bought the men's version of the blistered leather / spandex stretch leggins that Rick has been doing for a while. Didn't think it would work for me, but they are super comfy and again, even though they are stretch they don't look tight, will post a pic soon.
      Basically these, but nowhere near as tight:

As for what to pair them with... I tend to wear them with leather jackets. With a stooges you do get people asking where your bike it, with a Julius leather less so.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

leathuh makes it bettuh

.What a nice new thread to wake up to. . Here's my contribution, my fave pair..

Without the trouble of falling down any stairs, I spliced a nice slice (say that 10 times fast) across the derriere – an hour before the Julius show back in January. It wasn't pretty.

Last edited by interest1; 05-30-2011, 10:29 PM. Reason: photo upgrade
        sain't

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

We definitely had a long discussion on leather pants in some thread, but don't remember which. I don't think we have a dedicated thread to leather pants. Anyway, have flirted with the idea for a while. My rules:

1. Men - leather pants should look unlike leather pants as much as possible. Usually that means nothing shiny. Rick's blistered lamb seem really nice. Ann's pants, like mr.beyus' above are amazing - I don't think I've seen better leather for pants. Expensive as all hell though.

2. Women - can't think of anything better than Ann's leather leggins with wool top.

Simple!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• semper
            • Feb 2009

On a side note: triumphoftiredeyes:
            There seems to be a misconception about gay stereotypes. There is no such thing as an original, invented gay stereotype. All of what we regard as such, has been derived from generic masculine stereotypes.
            The problem rather is that, as soon as a certain look does visibly well among certain gay men, it is vacated by a lot of straight men. The process is ongoing, and it has led to remarkable retreats from areas of life by young men, down to someone on sufu stating that 'muscles are so gay'.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

The thing to do is to reclaim it if you want to have it.

ok, back to discussing leather.
            I like mrbeuys' pair too. They are rather shiny in my book, Faust.

interest1, very pretty. I find leather trousers not exactly easy on a woman; it has the effect of 'toughening up', hence not very feminine. Nothing wrong with that but not all women can do it.
            But they do very well on you .
            sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

ok, i'll play

I have been wearing leather pants for years... many iterations. sadly, my favorite pair no longer fits, perforated lamb skin

this was a quick snap I took to see what my fit looked like before going out. It was never meant as a waywt.

taken a few weeks ago. obviously a shitty iPhone streaky mirror pic

probably not in the sz playbook... consider it an audible

Comment

• night-timer
                • Apr 2011

Maybe not the ideal place to mention it, but I wear AlpineStars leather pants - the 'Bat' and 'V-Twin' models.... ideal on the bike or as street clothes.

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

Another from Damir's F/W 11 collection.

If I remember correctly, he did three different style of leather pants this upcoming season. Slim, baggy, and drop crotch. However when I go back over the runway photos, I can only recognize two.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

^hahaha.

Hide your children.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• night-timer
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by triumphoftiredeyes View Post
                        I tried on the Burberry Prorsum leather Biker Pant on, all I could think of is was "Well I'm ready for Gay Pride." Not will to shell out 2,195 for a pant that I will only wear may two or three times.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

However I do have to say that they are beautifully made and fit well IMO. Maybe if there is a pair that hits sale I'll reconsidered, but just because 'its to fun to stay at the YMCA."

..... AlpineStars 'Bat' will suit you and look fairly similar. I never knew Burberry did anything like this... they sell big in the Asian market, but probably not with a pant like that.

Comment

• semper
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post

If I remember correctly, he did three different style of leather pants this upcoming season. Slim, baggy, and drop crotch. However when I go back over the runway photos, I can only recognize two.
                          maybe the third pair you remember is the one Damir wore himself?
                          sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                            SZ pearls of wisdom. Too awesome.

Triump has a point though. Last year, during a discussion on gay stereotypes in my class I drew on a blackboard a dude in tight polo shirt with popped collar, true religion jeans and flip-flops and I asked them if the guy is from Chelsea or Murray Hill. They couldn't say with certainty.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                              ^hahaha.
                              Hide your children.
                              Which children?
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎