X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cremaster
    • Jan 2010

Finally received the magazine and it is beyond my expectations.
    Absolutely brilliant.
    Well done to all involved for your courage and commitment because to bring together a project of this scale, on what I assume is a very small budget, is phenomenal. Not to mention the gamble of print publishing in this economic climate.
    Just goes to show what enthusiasm and dedication can produce.
    I have been in the book trade a long time and to see something so fresh and daring is very reassuring. In fact I would go as far as it reminds me of the time I first saw The Face magazine (Neville Brody directorship) and how exciting that was.
    Well done!!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thank you for these kind words. They warm the heart.

Issue 2 will be amazing.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
        • Aug 2008

hoping to pick up one this week at (insert name here) here in Montreal! will edit post when/if I manage to find the store...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by munch View Post
          hoping to pick up one this week at (insert name here) here in Montreal! will edit post when/if I manage to find the store...
          Stocklists here :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            went to the Montreal store today but they didn't have it :( and didn't seem to even know if they were getting it. oh well, it was a nice store - too bad it's womenswear only

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

We were waiting for a final confirmation from them, which I guess never came. I apologize. We will reach out to them again. I thought it was a done deal.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

I see ! well I may order it online instead if it's going to take a while. thanks!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Magazines make good gifts.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                    • Nov 2010

Picked up the first issue of SZ Magazine at Layers in London and I have to say it was worth the wait!

The layout of the magazine is beautiful, really like the way you close the magazine by "wrapping" the front cover around the back cover. Makes it easier to take with you as well without having to worry about something in your bag tearing at the edges of the pages.

Writing is spot on, in my opinion the balance between down to earth, everyday spoken language and more sophisticated writing perfect. Makes for a varied and interesting read.

And last but not least, the photography is stunning, especially the very insightful pictures from Guidi!

All in all a wonderful magazine wich I will be sure to pick up and collect subsequent issues of!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Thank you! These compliments are very important to us.

By the way, if there are any recommendations and constructive criticism, it would be interesting to hear.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

limited edition versions every few issues@@!!! missed out this time :(

Comment

• TheThief
                          • Mar 2011

There are still 2 Guidi covers and 2 Lost and Found scarves available

Comment

• cremaster
                            • Jan 2010

A funny thing has happened with the sales of the magazine in our stores.
                            Most of the sales have been to customers over 50.
                            One customer who must be close to 70 thought there was a misprint as he thought it was printed upside down!
                            All have been extremely receptive to the SZ aesthetic and the cultural diversity of the magazine. To me that is a great compliment, people not knowing anything about SZ but by buying it on content alone.

The article on Sander is brilliant. I thought I had seen all of Sander's surviving work so I was very surprised to see the photos in the magazine.
                            Have they been published before? Or is my memory just fading....
                            And Rick Owens names Whistler as a role model - I would never have picked that in a million years!!
                            Keep the role models section going, love it.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Thank you, creamster. Indeed, there are some previously unpublished photos of August Sander's work in the article. We are very proud of that. We think this article is a must read for any fan of Sander's work, and indeed for any academic who is interested in doing research on August Sander.

I also think it is a great compliment that "laymen" love the magazine - that's awesome!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

More photos and a little back story

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎