X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cremaster
    • Jan 2010

For some reason I missed reading the Karlo Steel article the first time around- probably because the other articles were so captivating!
    What a brilliant angle - his magazine collection.
    As a collector of magazines myself at one stage I found this to be truly inspiring. It just goes to show what a magazine can be and it's importance and influence within culture of its own time and beyond.

My problem has always been of storing and preserving them.
    To store them properly I found I never got the chance to look at them enough. So I unfortunately jettisoned the cargo so to speak. Now after reading Karlo I feel sick.

Needless to say I have 2 copies of SZ magazine - one to read and to return to endlessly and the other kept pristine for collection..... Here I go again!!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thank you, creamster! That truly was a fantastic article.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

We are looking for a contributor to www.sz-mag.com. If you can write and want to write, please send your clips to info@sz-mag.com Location not important, the work is web-based.

Desired skills - clear and honest writing style, no marketing copy bullshit.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

PARTY, BITCHES!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

mmmm, are people seeing this invite? does anybody read this section of the forum? should i move the whole thing into the fashion media section?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

put it in classifieds
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

lol, seriously... done.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

now bump it with measurements and additional photos every day or so
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

I can give free bumps too: "Grail, if this would be a size 46 i would totally cop"...hahaha (not that i wouldnt do that)...

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      Sticky!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cremaster
                        • Jan 2010

I think you should put it on the main page with magazine ad.
                        You should make it compulsory to sell, buy or participate in the classifieds they have to buy a copy of the magazine!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Good idea! That would sell lots of magazines for sure.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I think it's a good idea...while in "normal" forums this may dissuade people from selling inexpensive things, the items on SZ are often selling for much more money...and would also help prevent the people who post nonsense for a month to get 100 posts using the site only for classifieds.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

If people don't want to read the magazine, they shouldn't be forced to buy it. I presume the point is to disseminate knowledge, not just sell.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

We are just kidding, relax. But I do want to make it more visible - there are plenty of people that simply don't read the announcements section - they have told me so - and miss the fact that the magazine exists.

I must say this though - there is hardly any advertising in the magazine, so we rely on individual and store sales. It is only through the readers support that the magazine has a chance and that we can create something new, beautiful, and worthwhile. And I hope people understand that and not be cynical about it. It's a project that we poured our hearts into.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎