Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rememberance of things past - what do you miss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pumpfish
    • Sep 2010

Late 90's Romeo Gigli, both mens and womens.

Silhouette and fabrics were very good, but the colours, and colour combinations were perfect.

JPG did some pretty wonderful tailoring back then, too.
    spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• franz
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
      Late 90's Romeo Gigli, both mens and womens.

Silhouette and fabrics were very good, but the colours, and colour combinations were perfect.

JPG did some pretty wonderful tailoring back then, too.
      Romeo Gigli, totally forgot about that! I'm pretty sure I owned something at some point WAY back. Don't remember much though. Pics?

JPG: his Couture shows are still something I love to watch. He's the reason why I started to get interested in Fashion at first. His store Galerie Vivienne was really something before it was butchered by Starck .
      I still have two mad, perfectly cut shirts (one white, one black) with detachable leather cuffs, actually the one on the cover of this V&A book:
      Originally posted by Faust
      True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

I kinda miss the good ol' days, simpler times
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

I miss Dutch magazine and the early days of Droog.

I miss the times when Ann Demeulemeester boots were $600 retail and Dries van Noten elaborate scarves and pants were $300.

I miss when no one ever looked at Yoox and I could get Margiela and Ann pieces for less than $100.

I miss the Yamamoto store on Grand St and when Jeffery was the only boutique in the Meat Packing district.
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

i miss the days of nyc when it had character and wasn't an amusement park for tourists. people used to cobble together sick fucking looks from unique or canal or t&v and didn't just go out and shop/dress a look book. I now spend 2-4k for an outfit that looks like the ones I created from thrift, domseys, etc. for 20 bucks. NYC might be a better place to raise a family but I feel bad for the 16-25 year olds who live here and never got to experience everything good and bad that made this city great. Ave C was uninhabitable unless you had a habit; now it's full of cute bistros and sweater over the shoulder types.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
              I miss Dutch magazine and the early days of Droog.

I miss the times when Ann Demeulemeester boots were $600 retail and Dries van Noten elaborate scarves and pants were $300.

I miss when no one ever looked at Yoox and I could get Margiela and Ann pieces for less than $100.

I miss the Yamamoto store on Grand St and when Jeffery was the only boutique in the Meat Packing district.
              Word. How did such a quality publication not survive? I don't get it.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

the day may be upon us, people around here are out of their fucking minds with ole' irene approaching

Originally posted by merz
                will, we may yet see a day when the only things with intrinsic value are shotgun shells and canned goods. hunkering down until then..

Comment

• whitney
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                  I kinda miss the good ol' days, simpler times
                  you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

i miss charivari. this was my fantasy store. no store today gives me that feeling..

i also miss clubbing and drugs in the 80/90's. there was never a bad night. everything was free or really cheap. but now i can't remember a fucking thing..

i miss being a kid and going to school and hanging out. now all i think about is suing my business partner..

i miss playing touch football and stick ball on the streets. you can't do this anymore when you grow up..

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

yeah free drugs at limelight were always welcomed, as was going home with strangers 3x a week

Comment

• lazyguru
                        • Jun 2008

Dont miss the STD's

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

I can't really say that I "miss" anything because of my age, but I really wish I was a little older so as to have been able to follow Ann's 2000-2006 collections - her new ones seem to be too complicated, and the instinctive cuts and details that made her clothing so substantial, perfect and unique has been slowly replaced with "loud" clothes and theatrical runways.

I also wish I was there for Burberry Prorsum by Menichetti (my grandfather has a Hemp/Linen/Paper blazer from back then and it's stunning) and Lieve Van Gorp, who is one of my favorite designers although I've seen maybe 10 pieces from her.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            i miss charivari. this was my fantasy store. no store today gives me that feeling..

i also miss clubbing and drugs in the 80/90's. there was never a bad night. everything was free or really cheap. but now i can't remember a fucking thing..

i miss being a kid and going to school and hanging out. now all i think about is suing my business partner..

i miss playing touch football and stick ball on the streets. you can't do this anymore when you grow up..
                            everything in this post brought a tear to my eye

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎