X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Totally. The entire point of this project for me is a bug FUCK YOU to societal norms and what is considered proper for "adults," that gray, dull, normcore existence. Fuck all that. Being a young punk is nothing. Being an old punk, that's something.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

well...yes. and...no.

for me, the young punk that i was is now sharing a body with other identities that weren't there before. identities that can only be developed thru experience.

sure the punk is one of the central elements of my identity. but i'm older now and hopefully if i have a good head on my shoulders i am also more sophisticated. i also have greater responsibilities and people that i need to be an example for. if i want to wield any sort of influence in my little corner of the world i can't be showing up looking like these guys, no matter how much i may like it personally

i need to be more subtle in my subversion. it doesn't have to mean abandoning your principles or denying your interests, it just means taking a less blatant approach.

and with regard to clothing thats really not a major leap. its just going from pod shorts and geobaskets to something like BBS P13s and CCP spiral zips

edit - i don't think i'll make posts like this one anymore. this is a fashion forum and i don't want my old boring ass to suck the life out of it
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Totally. The entire point of this project for me is a bug FUCK YOU to societal norms and what is considered proper for "adults," that gray, dull, normcore existence. Fuck all that.
        Being a young punk is nothing. Being an old punk, that's something.
        Someone please put this up in bright lights somewhere.
        sain't

Comment

• jap808
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
          Someone please put this up in bright lights somewhere.
          I want to have a tattoo with this gem or have it written on all my future birthday's cake... Seriuosly: pure genius...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Why thank you, y'all are making me
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zen dog
              • Jan 2014

I'm joining the chorus, Faust. I can get worked up over minutia, good or bad like so many others on these forums. Its good to reminded of an overarching attitude that cuts through all the crap.

YY was the first designer I liked beyond the Armani, Prada realm. I still remember seeing some runway shots of his men's collection. Men of different shapes and ages were on display and then came Viviane Westwood as bold and playful as the rest of them in YY's men's line.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

So, I have a red carpet thing, and I realized that I have virtually nothing dressy in my closet

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Rental tux time
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                    • Sep 2010

It all gone Uma and Haider for me lately. Only getting occasional thrills from the old favourites.
                    spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

Really? Can't comment on Uma, but Haider has been mainly disappointing to me. Wanted to love him, but the materials are so flimsy, the seams seem about to rip at any moment and the cuts are just plain weird on my body shape. admittedly, I haven't checked it out in a couple of seasons, so maybe the grey wool things are more substantial. I have one sweater that I like, but it's so fragile I can't really wear it, and one hood vest thingie that's sturdy, but very impractical. I feel like haider requires a lot of styling and a life where you're just sitting around on brocade cushions, not walking the streets, carrying bags and taking the bus.

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

So, I have a red carpet thing, and I realized that I have virtually nothing dressy in my closet
                        this! i've had to partake in work events where the dress code is "business smart" and in an army of rick tees, pointy hoodies, leather fingerless gloves, and reverse horse boots i have no clue what to put on. i dont own blue jeans and i wont ever tuck a shirt into them. i feel like someone brought a whore to the ball whenever im at those things.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                          It all gone Uma and Haider for me lately. Only getting occasional thrills from the old favourites.
                          Man - only sees the runway

Originally posted by galia View Post
                          Really? Can't comment on Uma, but Haider has been mainly disappointing to me. Wanted to love him, but the materials are so flimsy, the seams seem about to rip at any moment and the cuts are just plain weird on my body shape. admittedly, I haven't checked it out in a couple of seasons, so maybe the grey wool things are more substantial. I have one sweater that I like, but it's so fragile I can't really wear it, and one hood vest thingie that's sturdy, but very impractical. I feel like haider requires a lot of styling and a life where you're just sitting around on brocade cushions, not walking the streets, carrying bags and taking the bus.
                          Woman - actually has to wear the stuff.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by galia View Post
                            Have to agree here, though I recently bought some long dresses and a jumpsuit from Haider. But those purchases were all more on the structured side of Ackermann and not that flimsy wrap stuff he is known for.

His clothes are incredibly impractical for 'normal' life (as in having to go to work and run errands), but then again - I guess it's not meant for that anyway.
                            I like him more when his clothes looked a bit more like Ferrè on his best days

And is it just me or have his prices really gone through the roof? When I noticed the pricetag of aforementioned jumpsuit I was a bit taken aback and that was already 30% off

On another note: I am dissapointed with Dries this season. There is such a thing as too much and I am afraid Dries crossed the line with the new collection. I was hoping for something equally breathtaking as the men's collection. Bummer.
                            lavender menace

Comment

• Landadel
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2014

Maybe get some tips from Styleforum?

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

on the subject of new arrivals and what have you, i stopped in at hotoveli in the village (unsure if they're still an affiliate) and i was impressed with their buy. They carry julius now as well as uma wang, guidi, ma+, rick, w:m, yohji, etc. with the hole that atelier left i think it might be a new contender. leaving behind the scenes and "authenticity" out of the mix i think the store will likely become a new routine stop for me. my only complaint being they dont carry the denim as of yet and the leathers start at size 2 and while it may work for some 44/46's i'd definitely need a size 1 to account for the stretch that will inevitably occur with some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎