X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJRH
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
    I think the mentality of some people in fashion (and in other things well) is strange and funny at times. There are these invisible lines and pyramid segments where designers exist, and once more people catch on to said designers, these high and mighty types start scoffing at these "fan boys" even if they like it. [...] I guess I don't like pretentious people.
    Scoffing is always in poor taste, but "fan boys" get disrespected precisely because they are pretentious. To like something because it's in vogue is the very definition of a pretense—dissimulation and hypocrisy, in this case with respect to taste and fashion. If you're over 25* and your taste changes every two seasons, you're a fanboy.

But, I'll agree with you that spending your time on folks like that is a waste.

*being generous here
    ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Stopped by Uniqlo earlier to check out the Lemaire collab firsthand and was pleasantly surprised! Not bad overall!
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
        Scoffing is always in poor taste, but "fan boys" get disrespected precisely because they are pretentious. To like something because it's in vogue is the very definition of a pretense—dissimulation and hypocrisy, in this case with respect to taste and fashion. If you're over 25* and your taste changes every two seasons, you're a fanboy.

But, I'll agree with you that spending your time on folks like that is a waste.

*being generous here
        I'm a fanboy, I like fashion fickleness, even though if I am honest I have a very central core of dressing. There are pieces and looks I've been wearing for longer most people here have been into clothing.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• MJRH
          • Nov 2006

No rule that shouldn't be broken. You break em well, so you're allowed.

But, honestly—can you say there's a whole lot you were wearing two years ago you wouldn't be caught dead in today? Betcha can't.
          ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            I'm a fanboy, I like fashion fickleness, even though if I am honest I have a very central core of dressing. There are pieces and looks I've been wearing for longer most people here have been into clothing.
            No, you are a fuccboi, according to Complex
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Hahaha, oh my god
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

NYT speculating on possible Alexander Wang replacements at Balenciaga and the absolute most interesting possibility of the three names mentioned:Chitose Abe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/fa...f=fashion&_r=2
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• timm3h
                  • Mar 2011

Quite a spectacle from Hussein Chalayan... though I found it hilarious how uncomfortable the models looked

Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    No, you are a fuccboi, according to Complex

I'm big into Kanye West and want to emulate my hero, or what is another popstar? I think Rihanna has a gosha tee I wear a lot.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
                      No rule that shouldn't be broken. You break em well, so you're allowed.

But, honestly—can you say there's a whole lot you were wearing two years ago you wouldn't be caught dead in today? Betcha can't.
                      Well I don't really feel shame for things I have liked in the past as dressing is highly time and context specific so it only matters if I liked these things at the time I wore them. I also don't mind wearing "dated" things that much and, anyway, it is mostly new things I buy and the way I wear them that changes. Of course wearing some black jeans + slim boots + white dress shirt + MMM patch sweater + leather or blazer is forever. I recently traveled with a Lanvin silk jacket I had in 2007 or so, it is now fraying everywhere and looks really great.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                        NYT speculating on possible Alexander Wang replacements at Balenciaga and the absolute most interesting possibility of the three names mentioned:Chitose Abe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/fa...f=fashion&_r=2
                        That victory lap that smug tart made at the end of the Balenciaga show taking selfies was positively gross.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post

I'm big into Kanye West and want to emulate my hero, or what is another popstar? I think Rihanna has a gosha tee I wear a lot.
                          P sure we covered this before, but you're the 'fashion victim'

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                            • Sep 2015

^ 3spooky5me

Was Fuuma the inspiration for the section of that Complex piece?
                            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Law
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by timm3h View Post
                              though I found it hilarious how uncomfortable the models looked
                              Tends to happen when you have freezing water poured over you.

Comment

• Law
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                That victory lap that smug tart made at the end of the Balenciaga show taking selfies was positively gross.
                                He was a short and curly away from stumbling into one of those pools, that would have been classic. Oh and nobody even stood up for him during the applause.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎