Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

We are fast approaching the time when someone from a far reach of the internet will find this forum and post Yeezy Collection fits in WAYWT
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I see more well-dressed people in one hour in Tokyo than in New York in a month. Ugh...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
        • Jul 2008

but but but ... does it feel authentic

Comment

• devour
          • Dec 2014

Share the same thoughts with you, Faust. However there are many who dress over the top as well

Comment

• BlacknWhite
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by swami View Post
            but but but ... does it feel authentic
            Feels a lot better than half the pricks here in the city thinking they're hot shit down in SoHo.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by devour View Post
              Share the same thoughts with you, Faust. However there are many who dress over the top as well
              I'll take that over khakis and polo shirts.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Was pondering this morning how hard it can be to match my blacks, then heard a report on the radio about a Syrian refuge who lives in a tent with her 3 children and has 2 sets of clothes which she rotates...
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  Was pondering this morning how hard it can be to match my blacks, then heard a report on the radio about a Syrian refuge who lives in a tent with her 3 children and has 2 sets of clothes which she rotates...
                  I posted this on FB yesterday - "I just realized I have not checked the news for a week. And then I realized how happy it makes me feel."

Fuck this world. I don't care. I did not create these problems - other people did. Let them uncreate them. Seriously, the one-week detox made me realize that news are merely poison.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I"I just realized I have not checked the news for a week. And then I realized how happy it makes me feel."
                    Also works with email, phone, city centres, public transport, etc. - maybe it's time to be a hermit.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Fuck this world. I don't care. I did not create these problems - other people did. Let them uncreate them.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• julian_doe
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                        Agreed. Faust, I sincerely respect your words and your work. However, I deeply believe that kind of attitude is what got us here in the first place. Mainstream news are typically bullshit anyway, but I don't think that it is detrimental to at least be aware of current social and evironmental issues. This is not to become an "activist" or become a hardcore vegan, but simply to help us decide how lenient we are willing to be about the impact of our choices. I don't think that closing our eyes and covering our ears really does anything for anyone. At the end of the day, the problem is still there, and I think it is better to keep one's feet on the ground.

Also: WE are all participants in society (consumption of goods, housing, use/exploitation of land/labor), and thus WE are all part of it's problems and issues. This isn't a moral perspective, it is a realistic one.
                        Last edited by julian_doe; 10-14-2015, 10:32 AM. Reason: Also...

Comment

• En.
                          • May 2015

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                          Agreed. Faust, I sincerely respect your words and your work. However, I deeply believe that kind of attitude is what got us here in the first place. Mainstream news are typically bullshit anyway, but I don't think that it is detrimental to at least be aware of current social and evironmental issues. This is not to become an "activist" or become a hardcore vegan, but simply to help us decide how lenient we are willing to be about the impact of our choices. I don't think that closing our eyes and covering our ears really does anything for anyone. At the end of the day, the problem is still there, and I think it is better to keep one's feet on the ground.
                          What got us in this position is the ignorance of others, not the sentiments Faust and I share. I am not ignoring the issues as they're clearly still there but accepting that humans are too lazy to change their ways for anything, really. The NSA leaks changed nothing as the American people are unaware how detrimental the surveillance program was to the world, Islamic extremism growing at a fast rate, global poverty remaining the same, climate change and all the wealthy individuals denying the issue, and the abnormal greed in the governments of the global powers. These are not issues a very small amount of people can just "rise" up to combat. The youth in first-world countries care about pop-philosophy, Disneyfied romance, and celebrity images.

Comment

• julian_doe
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by En. View Post
                            What got us in this position is the ignorance of others, not the sentiments Faust and I share. I am not ignoring the issues as they're clearly still there but accepting that humans are too lazy to change their ways for anything, really. The NSA leaks changed nothing as the American people are unaware how detrimental the surveillance program was to the world, Islamic extremism growing at a fast rate, global poverty remaining the same, climate change and all the wealthy individuals denying the issue, and the abnormal greed in the governments of the global powers. These are not issues a very small amount of people can just "rise" up to combat. The youth in first-world countries care about pop-philosophy, Disneyfied romance, and celebrity images.
                            In a way, you are echoing what I just said. Ignorance IS the problem, and mainstream media and activism are not really doing much to create a difference. However, saying "fuck the world" and ignoring the impact of our choices and the social/environmental problems that we are facing is most definitely ignorance. In fact, many fast fashion industries have a PR team to do just that for them, by simply ignoring the practices of the companies they hire to manage the manufacture of their products or simply passing the blame. Consumers behave in the same manner, and by doing so they feed the issue and prolong it's damage.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                              In a way, you are echoing what I just said. Ignorance IS the problem, and mainstream media and activism are not really doing much to create a difference. However, saying "fuck the world" and ignoring the impact of our choices and the social/environmental problems that we are facing is most definitely ignorance. In fact, many fast fashion industries have a PR team to do just that for them, by simply ignoring the practices of the companies they hire to manage the manufacture of their products or simply passing the blame. Consumers behave in the same manner, and by doing so they feed the issue and prolong it's damage.

Anyone who thinks ignorance is the problem is only being ignorant themselves
                              Mankind has an insatiable desire to impose his will on his fellowmen, a sadistic desire to eliminate those who who challenge his quest for power and to accomplish his ends by subjugating others.
                              there are people in this world who genuinely want to see a better world, more peace, more harmony, more love, but on the other side of the spectrum are those who want discord, sadness and suffering.

It is funny also that whenever a mass murderer gets loose and kills dozens of people, 95% of the time it is attributed to "mental evilness" while most do not want to accept that there are just some people who are sadistic, evil and determined to create suffering and destruction among us.

We will never be able to rid the world of Evil men, men who are very aware of the suffering brought on by their evil, the only thing we can do is continue to fight to minimize and to combat its effects on the wider society...........

Good luck educating people. I know enough to know it isn't ignorance that is the problem, but man's insatiable desire to be destructive......

Edit: it was supposed to be "Mental Illness".....but I will leave it as it is as it suits my point better
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

I posted this on FB yesterday - "I just realized I have not checked the news for a week. And then I realized how happy it makes me feel."
                                Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                Also works with email, phone, city centres, public transport, etc. - maybe it's time to be a hermit.
                                Attention is a person's most valuable asset for well being, and I've gradually unplugged myself from all forms of social and mass media upon realizing this, this forum excepted. I admit that I like having a place of relative anonymity to fuck around on, where I don't have to care whether people will take what I say the wrong way because nobody is "real."

Like right now: zamb. Fuck you for writing off mental illness for killing sprees as overly simplistic "evil." What a stupid thing to think.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎