• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Hahahaha!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by dji View Post
      thats kinda fucking awesome

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by En. View Post
        I didn't know that was a thing lol. The ones I meet are usually just giving away their mixtapes.
        Originally posted by gregor View Post
        i've never found them to be blank, but considering the music often contained within, i'd rather they be blank. it's best not to engage in what is basically panhandling.
        It's quite a big deal:

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
          728 euros tee shirt? wtf. Honestly, fuck you fashion.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            728 euros tee shirt? wtf. Honestly, fuck you fashion.
            What is that, 1 Euro for every second it took to make.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
              What is that, 1 Euro for every second it took to make.
              Complete price to item disconnect hidden by a few extra stitches. I don't hate the item in itself and have paid sucker prices before but c'mon. McDo should do a 85$ burger.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• okayvin
                • Sep 2013

buying from japan is a crapshoot. half the items i got: sellers note the condition as used but take photos that hide bald spots in wool shirts so they look like they're in decent condition or some other variation of hiding damage
                i swear one guy photoshopped armpit stains from this shirt

it's a completely different experience than buying on eBay where the sellers would prominently feature any defects, or at the very least make sure it was visible or noted somewhere in the listing
                i'm happy with 1/3 from YHJ (Rakuten seems to be better because the sellers seem to be for consignment and the items are professionally appraised) whereas its 8/10 from eBay. and those duds from eBay are usually due to sizing issues
                Last edited by okayvin; 12-08-2015, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• okayvin
                  • Sep 2013

and now i'm itchy after trying on all those clothes

Comment

• Comotomo
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
                    buying from japan is a crapshoot. half the items i got: sellers note the condition as used but take photos that hide bald spots in wool shirts so they look like they're in decent condition or some other variation of hiding damage
                    i swear one guy photoshopped armpit stains from this shirt

it's a completely different experience than buying on eBay where the sellers would prominently feature any defects, or at the very least make sure it was visible or noted somewhere in the listing
                    i'm happy with 1/3 from YHJ (Rakuten seems to be better because the sellers seem to be for consignment and the items are professionally appraised) whereas its 8/10 from eBay. and those duds from eBay are usually due to sizing issues

Funny cos I've had the exact opposite experience buying on rakuten vs eBay. I've found that the Japanese sellers often overstate the flaws and I have often received a garment ranked as C that is practically flawless. Whereas on eBay they describe the item as being hardly worn etc but when I receive them they are obviously not in good shape. My only gripe is the lack of clear high res pictures on rakuten.

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Comotomo View Post
                      Funny cos I've had the exact opposite experience buying on rakuten vs eBay. I've found that the Japanese sellers often overstate the flaws and I have often received a garment ranked as C that is practically flawless. Whereas on eBay they describe the item as being hardly worn etc but when I receive them they are obviously not in good shape. My only gripe is the lack of clear high res pictures on rakuten.
                      i have the same experience. japanese sellers have constantly been the most pleasant to deal with, if a little confusing due to language barriers.

rakuten pictures are really often misleading, as they show a completely different colour, or often different piece, but i've had about a half dozen interactions on rakuten where a stain or tear or mislabelling was noticed by the shop after purchase and before shipping, and i was given a sizeable discount for it. in the meanwhile, i've had terrible experiences with people on grailed and facebook.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I don't think you can generalize either way. I've had both good and bad experiences on every marketplace.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          I don't think you can generalize either way. I've had both good and bad experiences on every marketplace.
                          i suppose that's true to a degree, but there are relative mindsets for sellers on different forums and markets. grailed hype is a lot different than sz.

Comment

• okayvin
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Comotomo View Post
                            my experiences with Rakuten sellers are generally better/good. its the YHJ sellers that tend to be bad. i'm guessing the Rakuten sellers work at consignment shops whereas the YHJ sellers are independant.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

Anyone got the image of the (Asian?) guy who was at Paris Fashion Week or some related event a couple years ago? I think he was wearing all DIY clothing made from like... anime or hentai prints or something. I remember the image existing but I can't find it through any searching.

Comment

• neostrifeX
                                • Jun 2013

Not sure why you would want it, but do you mean this?

af

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎