Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nahneun
    • Feb 2011

owens by rick owens for rick by rick owens in collaboration with rick owens for rick by rick owens

either that or

dick ovens by rick owens :o

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

boner
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Resonkuken
        • Oct 2012

Dick ovens would make for some interesting marketing. And then it´d be cool telling people what brand you´re wearing.

Comment

• avout
          • Nov 2011

^ I gotta ask: is your username supposed to be renzokuken?

Comment

• Resonkuken
            • Oct 2012

haha, yeah, I misspelled it when I registered, didn´t noticed it at first and don´t know how to change it now.

Comment

• mortalveneer
              • Jan 2008

kind of looks like a velvet harnden blazer...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• KodakII
                • Sep 2008

Is it too much to ask for sleeves, inseams and body lengths be cut longer?

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Have you tried Y-Project, Individual Sentiments, InAisce, etc? They tend to have long cuts and long sleeves.

Why is it so hard to capture the true colour for Devoa's experimental shades of greenish greys in photos? This is the second time I've bought a greenish grey tee with the colour being quite different on arrival. The first from For Tomorrow and now from Fascinate, both stores have very sharp and clear photos but the somehow the colour is so different to real life.

First time I had to return it because it was like a swamp green lol, this time even though it's darker than I expected, luckily it's still a very nice colour.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
                    Is it too much to ask for sleeves, inseams and body lengths be cut shorter?
                    Fixed.

Also, you might know of these two rarely discussed designers here - Ann Demeulemeester and Rick Owens. Give them a try.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't like the "street" direction that fashion is taking. Opening Ceremony at Kenzo, Wang at Balenciaga, sneakers and jeans and tees everywhere. It's all commercial cynicism, and it's sad and not good for fashion. In the years to come there will be more bland clothes and less of those magical moments that made fashion worthwhile.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• avout
                        • Nov 2011

^ Even Hedi, too.

This is really interesting to me in that it's probably part of a broader trend. If there's any "macro" trend in fashion, it seems to be a tendency for things to become less formal and more practical, from the rise of denim and t-shirts, to the slow disappearance of suits from the workplace. The economic downturn might encourage "commercial cynicism", but I have a feeling that everything is turning "street" anyway.

The positive way to look at this is that designers have been "elevating" street fashion, from a second-class position in fashion to the main stage, bringing refinement to a world that used to be all about utilitarian sloppiness. Designer clothes will be less nice overall, but they'll be worn more and seen more, not just at exclusive events for the super rich. You can see it as a way for design to stay relevant in a world that is increasingly more casual.

The other view, I guess, is that that capital F Fashion and "the runway" need to be excessive and disconnected from reality to push the discussion forward. And the street needs to be the street, with its main appeal being exactly that it is sloppy and improvised. Slamming those two together does a disservice to both. The trouble with this view is that it doesn't sell any clothes.

Comment

• Verdandi
                          • Mar 2012

Seems like everyone is doing "Pre-Fall now, even Hussein Chalayan. I still don't really understand the concept of this "Pre-Fall" like, when should I be wearing that? Before fall? Isn't that summer? Weren't those collections originally supposed to be more like capsule collections? I feel like I cannot keep up with "fashion" anymore.
                          lavender menace

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

^ I never really understood that either. And I can't get why it's a succes commercially, so you have something new to offer during the bigger sale periods?

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I don't like the "street" direction that fashion is taking. Opening Ceremony at Kenzo, Wang at Balenciaga, sneakers and jeans and tees everywhere. It's all commercial cynicism, and it's sad and not good for fashion. In the years to come there will be more bland clothes and less of those magical moments that made fashion worthwhile.
                              I think you need to make yourself clearer here, if by "street" you mean "streetwear" I would say you're wrong; brands like Undercover are streetwear but they're not watered down for ease of access and are truly driving design and fabric usage. If by "street" you mean "high street" or "streetstyle" (like I'd classify Wang) well yeah, it's not that interesting. On the other hand, considering brands use elaborate runway shows/presentations to sell accessories, tees, perfumes and other trinkets and don't even produce a lot of their more intricate pieces, I guess it's less hypocritical to show buyers and the general public what they'll actually purchase. End result is the same if you take, say, Balenciaga: it-bags for chicks and sneakers of the season for dudes, same as under Ghesquière BTW. Sure the editorials will suffer but fashion is a consumption product or it is irrelevant.

I'm personally feeling streetwear and tech-utilitarian pieces right now so I guess I'll be "streetwear" too, although not really "streetstyle".
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                                Why is it so hard to capture the true colour for Devoa's experimental shades of greenish greys in photos? This is the second time I've bought a greenish grey tee with the colour being quite different on arrival. The first from For Tomorrow and now from Fascinate, both stores have very sharp and clear photos but the somehow the colour is so different to real life.

First time I had to return it because it was like a swamp green lol, this time even though it's darker than I expected, luckily it's still a very nice colour.
                                Do you know that most professional stock photos of food are actually inedible resin sculptures? Good products don't always photograph well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎