Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wurm
    • Nov 2010

if he makes them money, he'll stay. the house doesn't really care about what balenciaga wanted.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

So what? How does this reflect at all what he'll do at Balenciaga? And why does fashion always have to be serious?

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      alexander wang is going to get fired from balenciaga not because of anything controversial but because he doesnt fit the house and what cristobal envisioned. this for example is fucking retarded.
      music

Comment

• Atom
        • Sep 2009

Why are this kind of jackets generally called as Napoleon jackets? I don't think Napoleon wore that kind of Hussar jacket himself.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Intellectual laziness?

File under priceless
          Attached Files
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Atom View Post
            Why are this kind of jackets generally called as Napoleon jackets? I don't think Napoleon wore that kind of Hussar jacket himself.

this will either function as answer, or further confusion;

—
            -

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

CFDA is mulling over the idea of a separate men's fashion week in NY, starting 2014. Poor editors and buyers
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tommiy
                • Apr 2012

Has anyone ever experienced a CCP U-sole snapping/breaking at the "joint"? Is this fixable?
                WTB: 45" chest leather jacket

Comment

• jskidder1
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by tommiy View Post
                  Has anyone ever experienced a CCP U-sole snapping/breaking at the "joint"? Is this fixable?
                  just keep wearing them. it's not a defect, it's a feature.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

yes they will fetch twice as much now

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

Well, last night was fun. I was too shy to say hi to akanyc, you sz boys make me nervous. Haha. I ended up just hanging with my bitch Alejandro.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                        just keep wearing them. it's not a defect, it's a feature.
                        You have just been promoted to awesome, you may use your new title with pride.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                          Well, last night was fun. I was too shy to say hi to akanyc, you sz boys make me nervous. Haha. I ended up just hanging with my bitch Alejandro.
                          You were there? Dude, just introduce yourself already!

That whole discussion is ridiculous, kuriz. Many prominent fashion editors, buyers, and bloggers are gay - they are being interviewed not because they are gay but because they hold prominent positions. Get over it. You don't have to like their style, but their sexuality is another matter.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Lol E, I totally shook your hand last night, and then I scurried off for a beer. And then you gave my friend Alejandro a hug.

Best part about last night was recognizing the female bartender who used to give me free drinks at my neighborhood bar in Bushwick.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                              Lol E, I totally shook your hand last night, and then I scurried off for a beer. And then you gave my friend Alejandro a hug.

Best part about last night was recognizing the female bartender who used to give me free drinks at my neighborhood bar in Bushwick.
                              Next time everyone should come with SZ nametags. :-)

Cathy Horyn cracks the whip!

There’s No Dressing Up a Bland Start

Many designers are counting on deliveries of fabrics and samples from Europe this weekend, so the storm will surely mean some last-minute scrambling to get pieces made (if fabrics arrive in time, that is) and eliminating other outfits altogether. Marc Jacobs moved his show from Monday to Thursday evening, but other companies won’t have that flexibility.

Casual observers of Fashion Week may not notice the difference anyway. Flicking through a digital slide show of mostly black clothes seemingly designed for depressed urbanites is enough to induce a coma. The problem is there are too many labels and not enough genuine talent.

Granted, we’re only at the shallow end of New York Fashion Week, but it’s shocking to see the lack of energy and imagination. You would think — or anyway, hope — that a young New York designer would want to express in fashion what a young rapper does in music and style. I don’t mean imitate that person but at least offer something that feels just as raw and connected.

At a time when the talent in Europe is especially strong — Christopher Kane, Raf Simons at Dior, Phoebe Philo at CĂ©line, to mention a few — the flabbiness of New York is puzzling. Maybe we are seeing the beginning of a generational shift in this country away from fashion as a creative medium. Surely the success of Lena Dunham and her HBO series, “Girls,” or of the novelist Sheila Heti indicates an interest in doing things that are smarter and grittier than designing clothes or being a fashion editor. I was struck by a comment from Jeanne Yang, the stylist who designs Holmes & Yang with the actress Katie Holmes: “Our clothing is quiet.”

Although the collection included four evening dresses that were notably well done in their simplicity, this kind of “quiet” fashion ends up resisting evolution. And I suspect the consumer knows that.

Among the early trends that have emerged are longer skirt lengths (at Richard Chai, Kenneth Cole and Creatures of the Wind) and two-piece dresses with a tailored sleeveless top. Inscrutable layering is hardly a trend to recommend, but you can find it at Cole and BCBG, in black leather and unappealing grayish metallics."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Cathy Horyn
                                You would think — or anyway, hope — that a young New York designer would want to express in fashion what a young rapper does in music and style. I don’t mean imitate that person but at least offer something that feels just as raw and connected.
                                i was browsing nyfw fashion week street style and party photos last night and the only guys looking half decent to me were the rappers or rap-inspired vfiles types. in spite of all the vitriol in the owens hip hop thread i'm beginning to think this "aesthetic" may be the only bulwark against blandness and 50s preppydom in u.s. men's style.
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎