X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

People who struggle with reading all caps would probably explode if they had to review certain legal documents/terms of use/disclaimers.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jippos
      • Mar 2007

I don't know if i'd characterize it as "struggle," but it is more difficult to read all caps. Just as it is easier to read text with serifs than text without.
      I agree, though, about explosions while reading legal documents/disclaimers/etc., so I stay away from them. ("Just Sign It" is my motto)

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        People who struggle with reading all caps would probably explode if they had to review certain legal documents/terms of use/disclaimers.
        oh definitely pages of all caps is mind numbing but here we are talking about 1 page

Comment

• the breaks
          • Sep 2007

i'm not saying it's particularly difficult, i'm just saying it's harder than reading regular text... this has been proven in studies :)

i still managed to read and comprehend the new rules!
          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
            ...i still managed to read and comprehend the new rules!
            and this is all that matters
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Awesome random fashion thoughts
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drizzly
                Banned
                • Apr 2012

Comment

• josecc
                  • Feb 2012

The weird moment when you are selling a nice authentic jacket on ebay, and you received a message from a likely SZ member just to tell you that your jacket is fake because you modified a stock picture. People in these days are judges.
                  Last edited by josecc; 04-10-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

People these days are idiots. I've received so many messages where people ask which jacket I am selling, just cos I've included a single stock photo to demonstrate fit besides eleven pics of the actual item. Often there is no difference between stock photo and actual item...
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                      • Sep 2008

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, if not please relocate this post! But I figured now we're talking about selling.

About two weeks ago I finally found a pair of shoes on Ebay. Messaged the seller that i'd like to offer him $200 above his asking price, only if he'd wait for a few days for me to pay, since I was awaiting money to be added to my paypal from sold items. He declined and told me to bid on the item.

So I did, I won and the shoes came out $300 below my offer. Now this guy is giving me lame excuses all the time why he hasn't shipped the shoes yet. I have the feeling that he is trying to get me to the point that I say I'm fine with a refund so he can relist these shoes.

I'm not going to do that, since I just want these. Been looking for the shoes in my size almost for 6 months now.
                      Is there any way I can prevent him from just giving me a refund when I open a dispute? So he has to send me the shoes? Guy has 100% feedback on 62 sells, seemed legit to me.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

I found this:

and this:

So you should apparently deny a cancellation request if you receive you.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

Thanks for the links!

Already found his facebook account and everything and he doesn't look like someone who will ship me the shoes in the end.
                          Last edited by beyondthemeans; 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Kris van Assche is opening a store in Paris. Small, 750 sq ft, but still an interesting move. I wonder who buys his eponymous brand? I don't know anyone who wears it.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Castor
                              • Nov 2009

SSENSE seems to be having decent sell through of SS'13 KVA. I often wonder who buys, but then it is reminiscent of Neil Barrett, Raf, DH, even Givenchy. Kind of that fashionista blogger look. I bet the sneakers are a cheaper alternative to Balmain.
                              Originally posted by DRRRK
                              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

I have a KVA men's summer jacket that I wear all the time, it's extremely well made and the fabric is amazing. I'm sure some people buy it, but perhaps they're not vocal about because of the lack of hype

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎