X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

After numerous complaints from the students, Parsons is not going ahead with Galliano class. Good to see that the kids have a better functioning moral compass than the adults.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
      If he's legit, he's so abysmally bad at managing his PR that one has to doubt his competence to run a business. :/
      this.

he would've had a chance to run a proper business a long time ago but he trumped that by being an obnoxious idiot. having seen his behaviour here and on superfuture, I seriously think he is not in his right mind.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        After numerous complaints from the students, Parsons is not going ahead with Galliano class. Good to see that the kids have a better functioning moral compass than the adults.
        They're passing on learning from an amazing designer because he was a drunken lout? The guy wasn't actually managing Bergen-Belsen you know, he lost his job as his antisemitic rantings weren't good for PR, that makes total sense as a sanction, going further is just a symptom of the really dumb society we've built where failing once is synonymous with failing forever (your health, financial, criminal, media etc info follows you forever).
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

We can easily write it off as a mishap on Galliano's part, but a university is in a very different position. We all know that this "workshop" was nothing but a PR stunt that now backfired.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ImaPro
            • Oct 2010

Cruvoir is legit. Ive bought from them, but their business model is kind off weird.

Comparing Rick and Gareth Pugh who copies who? Or are both guilty of it? Some of their stuff is basically the same. I know rick owns like 1/2 the brand but it still confuses me.
            Originally posted by merz
            ...which the wealthy attempt to buy taste by way of ballin' outta control & inflating values for everyone.

Comment

• Gill
              • Dec 2009

Same here... Had to say a little something since I don't post much there. He changed many times his business name, but I never had problem dealing with him through his website. Good prices, fast shipping, even for me who lives at the end of the world and honest advices when you need an opinion on an outfit.

Comment

• ImaPro
                • Oct 2010

Legit how? This is what confuses me, people saying he's a scammer and then others saying he's legit, and no-one explains what they mean exactly... :/
                I've bought from him a couple times and never had a problem. I recently bought a beanie of his inhouse brand, and I really like it, but it would've been better if the fabric was little heavier.

I've been wondering whether someone at Yoox might be making a deliberate (and bitchy) comment on Pugh's similarity to Rick by continually listing his stuff as RO DRKSHDW.
                Lol I've noticed this too, but Im referring to things like attached 'scarf' thing and the double front zip sweaters.
                Originally posted by merz
                ...which the wealthy attempt to buy taste by way of ballin' outta control & inflating values for everyone.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Why bother with a shady guy when there are a ton of SZ affiliates that sell the same stuff?

There was a reason why I declined when he offered to advertise on SZ. I'm not going to deal with some kid who is flinging stuff out of his apartment.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

and then I can come back and offer my two cents towards the dodgy/legit debate, since atm all I can offer is vague doubts...
                    thats really not going to change the big picture... I'm sure he has had plenty of normal succesful transactions as well as bad ones. More importantly, the way he runs his business is shady, obnoxious and stupid. he takes advantage of forums (such as SZ) completely disregarding any rules or ethics, and because of this has been denied affiliateship on most of them. I wouldn't give my money to someone who acts like this, but thats just me.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Resonkuken
                      • Oct 2012

I´ve been inclined to shopping at cruvoir because the prices seemed pretty decent, but I also had some hesitations so I didn´t get anything.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Well, personally I would classify registering 20 times on a forum just to spam your products as stupid, as opposed to contacting someone to see what could be arranged.

I imagine you are not familiar with the whole thing because most of it happens in the background, but I've seen enough to make my conclusion. No one has to agree with it, but its the reason why I won't reccomend dealing with him and why he is not welcome on SZ.

Comment

• Johngd
                          • Feb 2009

Yeah that cruvoir guy seems pretty weird but he got some good garments from time to time. I have only made one purchase from cruvoir and that one worked out well

Comment

• MJRH
                            • Nov 2006

anybody interested in chunky knitwear should google the name johan ku:

he's certainly trumped ann in the cthulhu dept, anyway.
                            ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Gill
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              thats really not going to change the big picture... I'm sure he has had plenty of normal succesful transactions as well as bad ones. More importantly, the way he runs his business is shady, obnoxious and stupid. he takes advantage of forums (such as SZ) completely disregarding any rules or ethics, and because of this has been denied affiliateship on most of them. I wouldn't give my money to someone who acts like this, but thats just me.
                              I feel that the more people here talk in bad terms about him, the more sympathetic he can only become.

He seems to have done many mistakes in the past and has probably learnt from them already. As Faust said, there's many places on the net to spend your money on, just pick the right one you feel the most comfortable with. If one scammed you, report it and let other members know. Simple as that.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                                He seems to have done many mistakes in the past and has probably learnt from them already.
                                Really? Could you explain how? I'm just wondering what he has learned as he happened to get banned from superfuture a few days ago, which was probably the 20th time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎