• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenrost
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by AVALANCHE View Post

Let me quote a respectable member here and say that 'the ultimate prevailing logic is whether something looks sick as fuck'
    - somehow, in ohwehmirs case, I feel it doesnt.
    agree with christianef, anyone can look sick as fuck by pulling off any thing, even stuff from thrift stores (Hasn't like the internet are filled with places that covered this inanity?) And I presume that the logic in SZ, is beyond that.

I suppose there are a few minority in SZ are in a different area of appreciation to these niche labels, which they see themselves through these label's "re-inventions", and perhaps, shared it's anti-fashion's fashion sentiment.

OHM fit is mediocre, but to me it's at it's best since CCP can be so extreme and controversial (which, upon revealing the label, it already has . :\).

*** Edit: Just some randomness of the re-inventions, was re-reading Runner's post (which is always good) in TFS coincidentally..

"......designers like him and maurizio not only make a new departure from convention but also give a new interpretation to lost arts and crafts...."

Last edited by fenrost; 04-05-2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• stereophobic
      • Aug 2009

I'll throw in my 2c here and say that andrew has a good point especially when you consider the fit of the FW09 jut and rider. I consider myself a nailed on 48 and I had considerable growing pains with my size 3 jut. It's gotten a lot more comfortable though recently due to my workout regime I'm starting to see a horizontal pull across the back, time to cut back on those back and chest exercises

as for oh weh mir's waywt, I get the distinct feeling that he's dressed for a dinner where he is trying to perhaps underline how different he is from his family and friends. He seems to be dressed normally for a family gathering with a neutral colored jacket and a nice button up underneath. But on closer inspection you see that it's all leather and it really plays with your perception of him. Not getting into the bottom half since I can only presume that he would be seated most of the time. Anyway apologies if this is too much presumption.
      An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ but then how do you explain that every other julius jacket is cut slimmer than the one we are discussing?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stereophobic
          • Aug 2009

mmm I was referring to just my experiences with the jut and rider, as for the moto in question, I did ask sargon if that was a size 3 or 4 since I think he once posted a WTB thread in classifieds for a size 52. even you're wearing a size 2 moto when you're a 48 right faust? btw has that stretched out for you?
          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

yes, and it is a bit constricting in the chest (but I have a big chest (wow, i feel dumb every time i say this, sorry)). i'd say it's a slim 48/loose 46. it stretched out a little, but not much. overall, i feel quite comfortable in it - been wearing it a lot. i could not even close other size 2 jackets in Julius.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              yes, and it is a bit constricting in the chest (but I have a big chest (wow, i feel dumb every time i say this, sorry)). i'd say it's a slim 48/loose 46. it stretched out a little, but not much. overall, i feel quite comfortable in it - been wearing it a lot. i could not even close other size 2 jackets in Julius.
              size 2 seems to be a 47 and size 1 45 (in my experience of recent cuts).
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ that sounds about right. i just never think in odd sizes.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sargon97
                  • Jan 2009

For reference I am generally a 52. However I have a large chest , say slim 54. Its always a trade off for me, if I want something to fit spot on in the chest, its usually baggy in the shoulders and waist/stomach. Leather further complicates things because of the inevitable stretch, and one has to guesstimate on what thats going to be. I'm still trying to decide if I can pull this off or if it has to go back.

and its a 4...

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

bingo
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      yours def is the proper fit for you as I've seen you try on a 2 and wear the 3. sargons is a will to fit scenario. one that I've fallen victim to with julius a few times.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

i thought u had your shoulders thrown back. if you have to pull it tight to get it to zip then it is too small
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                          i think the idea of a "good" fit is dubious at best and to me is only valid when it comes to sizing and proportion: stuff that is clearly too small does not fit "good" nor does some of the exaggerated and/or excessive drapery that appears in this thread from time to time. that said i don't think owm's intention is to look "good" in any conventional sense and he is clearly and consistently drawn to unusual and even awkward outfits and items that distort his silhouette. to suggest that this should fit in some pre-determined way is to miss the point and to argue that were this not ccp it would not look good is redundant. the point is that it IS ccp and i don't think owm's intention is to light up his local dance club in this outfit. i'm not suggesting that owm's latest fit is in any way beyond reproach but rather that the idea of clothes needing to fit one in a "flattering" way may be too loaded and simplistic for the purposes of this thread.
                          lulz at light up the dance club
                          I think owm should actually be applauded for mixing outdated ccp. ccp from 02 ain't easy. my fashionz mantra these days is either get the most possible classic piece from a designer or go to the other extreme and wear the unwearable (red/pink trainers) either way you put your steez to the test. old ccp was obsessed w sculptural trompe l'oil and that jacket is an awesome example. and those boar cut offs should just how ahead of his time ccp is. as long as looks on here deviate from the runway it doesn't matter to me if it's "good"or not. were at a point where the classifieds are totally saturated bc people are afraid to take the designers experimentation to the next level. they would rather zboss then mature w a piece. succeed or fail at this point is beside the point.

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

ccp's fail, makes him a pioneer, and a futurist. : \

" If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward." - thomas edison

next waywt?

Comment

• Castor
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                              i thought u had your shoulders thrown back. if you have to pull it tight to get it to zip then it is too small
                              I always buy leathers extremely tight so that they will stretch to fit. I think the fit will be better long term if it fits too tight in the beginning. Just sayin.
                              Originally posted by DRRRK
                              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Enaml
                                • Apr 2009

That the double layer damir tank? Looks good! I wish it was warm enough here to start doing the whole tank thing.
                                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎