Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquid
    • Jul 2009

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society. -MT

Comment

• mononon
      • Sep 2009

i do not think those aircuts work with the upper half. that being said, the top half looks good;
      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• diamonds
        • Dec 2006

hahaha

are those aircuts cuffed?

Comment

• scott.m
          • Mar 2009

dim maks fit is nice, is the blazer margiela, and if so what season?

really like wires look as well.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
            i dont think it shows this at all. nothing elitist or against nike (or bsr,) but the irony doesnt really work here. i dont get a sense of confidence, to me it just looks like a bad version (parody) of what kids who seriously dress like that can make look better. first, bsr is just too clean cut; if you're actually some hedi slimane subway musician/ long haired nine daughters and a stereo model like a jethro cave its easier to mish mash high design with some nonchalant hipstery/streetwearish stuff as you zip away after a rick owens show on your skateboard to go smoke some weed . this strikes me as intentionally inauthentic.
            There's two sides to anything, and articulated as well as it is here, this is also a valid criticism. Just going by the photo itself without taking into consideration the mechanics of movement, individual style or intention, it works well in a vacuum of context.

wire artist - props on going against the grain as AKA pointed out, however not my favorite look of yours. You pull it off no doubt, but it's just a matter of personal preference as I lean more towards your YY with a more definitively masculine edge.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

Liquid, it would certainly look better without the hood - and certainly with other trousers, as it has already been pointed. Taken individualy, pieces look nice, though.
              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

It's the blazer that throws off the whole fit. Lose the blazer and I think the whole thing will balance out nicely. Nice fit on the aircuts- makes me pine for my old dust ones.
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                  i dont think it shows this at all. nothing elitist or against nike (or bsr,) but the irony doesnt really work here. i dont get a sense of confidence, to me it just looks like a bad version (parody) of what kids who seriously dress like that can make look better. first, bsr is just too clean cut; if you're actually some hedi slimane subway musician/ long haired nine daughters and a stereo model like a jethro cave its easier to mish mash high design with some nonchalant hipstery/streetwearish stuff as you zip away after a rick owens show on your skateboard to go smoke some weed . this strikes me as intentionally inauthentic.
                  i'm all for outfits criticism (very harsh if you want) and even elitism but who the fuck are you to tell me i'm 'clean cut'?

i'm happy that this pic got the comments it deserved, i'd just like to add two things. one is about the RO sneaks dogma, at the end it's hilarious, i guess some people here who consider SZ as a dresscode see any pic with other sneakers as a fail. the other is about the pairing of the overlock with "soft" streetwear stuff... after all the jeans are not destroyed, the hoodie is not oversized, so sorry but i have no lese-majesty feeling. maybe the strangeness of the thing is due to the stupid pose with the raised hood (to hide my shame) and to the formal parisian setting.

and the best comment is from a french forum where i never posted any pic (but someone linked this one) and where a guy said "ouais le luxe sauce pouilleux jcomprendrai jamais", hard to translate, but it would be "yeah luxury with a seedy touch i'll never get it"
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

yeah...i still don't get what informed or inspired that suggestion where "it'd look better with the Dick sneaks" wtf? Some people just can't let go of their dick.

the 'clean cut' comment isn't so bad, I was once told on here that I am more suited towards Armani, hugo boss and calvin klein rather than whatever it is I enjoy wearing now.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

yeah sorry, there is absolutely no difference in the general effect between the nikes and the ricks, both are hideous to me and at least the nikes look beat up. new sneakers are a no-no usually

Comment

• calvinc
                        • Jan 2010

This is for you faust
                        Angela Marriner - While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart

Comment

• ES3K
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                          /\ This is really great. So relaxed, yet so unique, and very Yohji. You can feel that it's so much more than just clothing.

Comment

• AZH
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            yeah...i still don't get what informed or inspired that suggestion where "it'd look better with the Dick sneaks" wtf? Some people just can't let go of their dick.

the 'clean cut' comment isn't so bad, I was once told on here that I am more suited towards Armani, hugo boss and calvin klein rather than whatever it is I enjoy wearing now.
                            Well..Maybe I should've explained my previous suggestion on BSR's sneakers fit better. First of all, I don't own any Rick Owens sneakers and I am not looking forward to getting one. On the other hand, I own countless Nike sneakers including the vintage Terminator which BSR was wearing in that picture.

My first expression on that particular fit was that the CCP leather jacket would fit better with leather boots than any kind of sneakers. However, I understand that BSR wears boots a lot. He may want to change a bit by wearing sneakers. Then I thought the beaten up, thicker sole, higher shoe shaft RO sneakers would match better with the thick heavy leather jacket. And if I wear the Nike Terminator, I would go with a lighter jacket or a vintage windbreaker.

It is all about balance on the particular fit in my opinion. It is nothing about whether I could let go RO's sneakers or RO is SZ dresscode or not.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by AZH View Post
                              My first expression on that particular fit was that the CCP leather jacket would fit better with leather boots than any kind of sneakers. However, I understand that BSR wears boots a lot. He may want to change a bit by wearing sneakers. Then I thought the beaten up, thicker sole, higher shoe shaft RO sneakers would match better with the thick heavy leather jacket. And if I wear the Nike Terminator, I would go with a lighter jacket or a vintage windbreaker.

It is all about balance on the particular fit in my opinion. It is nothing about whether I could let go RO's sneakers or RO is SZ dresscode or not.
                              Good point.

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

FWIW, coming from an ancient relic:

The pairing of the nikes with the ccp leather works perfectly. the whole fit is perfect. leather jacket, hoodie and beat up sneaks, a fit i've been wearing for over 40 years. of course my labels were different but why should that matter? it's still a leather jacket, hoodie and beat up sneaks.

as far as the nikes not being "thick enough", i respectfully disagree.

i enjoy this place cuz i respect the projected iq of most of it's posters but get annoyed at what i perceive to be a very narrow focus on style. many fits seem to be put together "by the numbers", albeit very large numbers. i've never dressed that way. i love going into my closets and throwing shit together that at first glance seem totally incongruous. sometimes it works and sometimes it's just plain wrong but it's always interesting and fun.

isn't that what style should be?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎