Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

well, well snafs, good stuff.

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by merz
      this. i thought for a while of a good way to put what i was feeling from those photos, only to discover that you've already done it in a way i'm likely incapable of improving upon.
      thanks merz. merz is perfect testimony to how ironic footwear can work. while i think it still detracts from the look sometimes (the long linea coat one namely.) in general he has the personality to make it work. sorry to assume you were clean cut bsr (based on every waywt you've posted previously minus this last one.) the pose doesnt help, but i don't think you could pull off andrew's hair-cut or these b-boy nikes. just like i cant pull off referencing the smiths like philip nod but now i know how joan of arch felt ahah

ann jacket looks great calvin!!

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        well, well snafs, good stuff.
        agree, it's refreshingly sane.

christianef....bigmouth strikes again, lol
        but i don't think merz is being ironic w/ his footwear choices
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

lol maybe its me, not the shoes i would associate with julius or devoa none the less.

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

christianef - wha? how can it be considered difficult to pull off a very basic pair of nikes? and what are u talking about with the clean cut thing?

i don't really want to keep perpetuating this and continue to keep bsr on blast but i think u might be way off the mark here christianef...

typical me i've started something, and now i'm not too sure
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• christianef
              • Feb 2009

as other's have mentioned with the jeans it just looks sloppy. which is contrary to most of bsr's scarves perfectly clung usual looks. imagine mail-moth wore the same footwear, would look just as poor regardless of any hoodie. let me guess, he also has taylor swift on his ipod because he doesnt conform to music genres and pop/country actually makes some good songs. who cares. i just dont think the idea or execution works, if you want to be silly and drop all the pre-concieved notions some knock off 10eur man uggs would looks better than these nikes here.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
                to clarify, i was referring to this last bit from what you had written: "this strikes me as intentionally inauthentic." not certain about the irony part - none intended in what i wear. i've been partial to pickers with cuban heels since my teens and never thought it odd, or somehow stylistically apart from the rest of my wardrobe. aside from the occasional comments from the forum, i had never thought of these being incongruent somehow - interesting thing to talk about at any rate.

and you're absolutely right on the linea leather - i sold that thing a few days after i got it, was something too overpowering for my wardrobe, and now can be found on yahoo japan courtesy some lurking japanese reseller (all roads do lead to sz..)
                you and me bro, you and me. less so with the Cuban heels though, but I am forever in love with pointy toed shoes and own many. A large part of the reason why I dont own many of the shoes by brands promoted here is because stylistically they are not me, and I am not going to force myself into something I know I dont genuinely appreciate........

Just to go against the grain. I Like BSR's outfit.........just the way it is. If Rick or Carol somehow designed a shoe that looks exactly the same as those Nikes without the Nike Logo..........I bet some people here wouldn't have a problem with pairing them with the jacket.
                People should wear whatever they want, however they want. the idea that one should put "effort" into every outfit being worn is stupid to me
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

i'm taylor swift and you're my kanye christianef !
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                    lots of good points in here snafu. but what to do with a designer like carol who deliberately makes clothes that are conceptual and often intentionally uncomfortable or restrictive? the clothes as object vs. clothes as comfort dilemma is one that has dogged me ever since i discovered the clothing we discuss here. there are pieces i find so striking as works of design that i can't help but feel drawn to them on this basis alone with wearability being only an afterthought. i think it's better (if not integral) to stick your neck out every once in a while even at the risk of failure although i envy the people that keep it simple and don't deviate from a single uniform look.
                    don't buy his clothes?

snafu, great post.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      lots of good points in here snafu. but what to do with a designer like carol who deliberately makes clothes that are conceptual and often intentionally uncomfortable or restrictive? the clothes as object vs. clothes as comfort dilemma is one that has dogged me ever since i discovered the clothing we discuss here. there are pieces i find so striking as works of design that i can't help but feel drawn to them on this basis alone with wearability being only an afterthought. i think it's better (if not integral) to stick your neck out every once in a while even at the risk of failure although i envy the people that keep it simple and don't deviate from a single uniform look.
                      Alex,
                      I believe there is a place for both in ones wardrobe. while I do hate uncomfortable clothes, comfort in my mind that the garment looks visually how I want it to look, is just as important, even if that means a little physical discomfort. I personally like Jackets with strict shoulders and some amount of restriction in arm movement. I dont mind it because in gives me a kind of Military stance that I want to have. what I wont compromise is with foot pain...........the worst kind of discomfort is to be walking in a hurry, but have to stop to rest ones feet...............

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        you and me bro, you and me. less so with the Cuban heels though, but I am forever in love with pointy toed shoes and own many. A large part of the reason why I dont own many of the shoes by brands promoted here is because stylistically they are not me, and I am not going to force myself into something I know I dont genuinely appreciate........

Just to go against the grain. I Like BSR's outfit.........just the way it is. If Rick or Carol somehow designed a shoe that looks exactly the same as those Nikes without the Nike Logo..........I bet some people here wouldn't have a problem with pairing them with the jacket.
                        People should wear whatever they want, however they want. the idea that one should put "effort" into every outfit being worn is stupid to me
                        the irony is that all of bsr's previous waywt's look far more effortless than this. which is my issue. at which point i should stress there's a reason bsr and the Parisians are held in such high esteem here - generally flawless so ill stop to pick on anyone.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                          the irony is that all of bsr's previous waywt's look far more effortless than this. which is my issue. at which point i should stress there's a reason bsr and the Parisians are held in such high esteem here - generally flawless so ill stop to pick on anyone.
                          for the record, my comments were not aimed at you...........anytime they are you will know
                          anyways, my focus want on effort of lack thereof, it was on the idea of always looking immaculate and pristine....people can just "cant be bothers' if they want to, and it shouldnt be a problem.n one thing that seems to be missing in all this is that all three, BSR, Fuuma and Dim Mak are wearing sneakers.........

Comment

• kuugaia
                            • Feb 2010

I think it's a bit harsh to say he doesn't suit the Nikes because he's 'normally clean cut'. Some days you wear drape, some days you wear sporty. Some days you're clean and others you're not. I like to wear all sorts of different clothes because it's well...fun. Just the other day I wore a full white adidas track suit with black stripes paired with some basketball shoes. That's just me personally though since I like to change it up. I don't think any person has 'one' particular style. Just many different aspects of it.

Also with the comfort vs. aesthetics issue. It's certainly a balance for everybody. But as zamb states...discomfort in the shoe area is probably one of the MOST displeasing.

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              for the record, my comments were not aimed at you...........anytime they are you will know
                              anyways, my focus want on effort of lack thereof, it was on the idea of always looking immaculate and pristine....people can just "cant be bothers' if they want to, and it shouldnt be a problem.n one thing that seems to be missing in all this is that all three, BSR, Fuuma and Dim Mak are wearing sneakers.........
                              who were they aimed at? the forum in general, right. that includes me (for the record.)

Comment

• christianef
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                                I think it's a bit harsh to say he doesn't suit the Nikes because he's 'normally clean cut'. Some days you wear drape, some days you wear sporty. Some days you're clean and others you're not. I like to wear all sorts of different clothes because it's well...fun. Just the other day I wore a full white adidas track suit with black stripes paired with some basketball shoes. That's just me personally though since I like to change it up. I don't think any person has 'one' particular style. Just many different aspects of it.
                                TRU DAT
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎