• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Thanks all for the feedback.

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    Take out the laces and the effect is even more youthful, doubly so.
    Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    at this point its almost a nostalgic thing but imo they're a classic in the pantheon of sz approved designs (whatever that means). but i agree that without laces its even more youthful, which is a bad thing here. i'd put them back in.

christian makes them work a lot of the time, but for me what doesn't work here is that the top half doesn't go with the bottom half. its tough to pair a button down and blazer with gym/streetwear inspired trousers and sneakers. there's also something not entirely right about the pants. i don't know if its the width or the length and where they stop at the calf. i think they require a taller boot/shoe.
    Funny that you both say this, since it's the opposite for me, removing the laces make them look imo less streetwear and give them more a shark sneaks vibe - "alien" said BeauIXI. But I understand what you mean.

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
    I'm not a fan of the pants with the sneaks due to them being a tad too long, almost touching the tounge. I think full length pants would work better in this case. I do like the sneaks without laces though, they blend better with the rest of the outfit due to the lack of white.
    Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
    I'm not convinced by this association, Christian. I really like the upper part, but even with a shirt untucked it looks way too clean and weel-balanced to match the skrotch's distorted proportions and those incongruous sneakers.

I would have chosen facility with Doma pants and black boots - even if I must admit that I like this white dangling thing here.
    I'd say that they work better irl than on the pic, but the easiest way to go would have been wearing the side zips, since they have the perfect height for these cropped trousers.

Lenght of the trousers is indeed a problem : too long to be shorts and a tad short to work with the sneakers - that's why I want the sharks. I'm usually pairing the sneaks with long trousers, as cjbreed recommends, but wanting to try something different. In addition they look strange above all on the static pic, it's better in motion.

The formal up (blazer/shirt) paired with the less formal bottom is not such a problem imo, because trousers and sneaks as well are quite precious in fabric and shape.

Comment

• JetLag
      • Jul 2008

Thanks Andrew. PH reverse leather trousers indeed, i tried to match with the new "converse by rick owens" sneakers
      Originally posted by danman
      If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

i like it jetlag , looks good . cant rly see much but i like the fit of everythin and the blazer looks nice as hell !

btw which sneaks are those , im kinda thinkin bout gettin those jack purcell lookin ricks out this summer but dam 1200 for like a variation of a converse hi top albeit better lookin... idk

SMASH , hmmmmm them givenchy shorts dont look as bad as i thought hwen i saw runway pix and i like the way u wearin them . that black tshirt tho looks kinda lazy to me paired with those , not likin the sandals either :( u need a shield and sword

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

Kind of weird weather today.
          Theo buffalo horn frames
          Ann Demeulemeester from the neck down.
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

How can you guys tell, might as well have posted this:

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
            great fit jetlag

are those the PH leather pants? lovin that full dropped and cropped, right into those narrow boot/sneakers...ccp?
            music

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

Jetlag...really liking the differing proportions between jacket and pants, and the overall silhouette!

Smash...those sandals are not working for me too..everything else looks great!

Comment

• smash
                • Jan 2010

Jogu : What footwear should I suppose to match with these Red drop crotch pants? Any advise ?

Acid,Bitter and Sad : Thanks , know that sandals are not popular in SZ, are u guys menas that the style of the sandals is not good or sandals not work for the drop crotch pants?

Comment

• kuugaia
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by smash View Post
                  What footwear should I suppose to match with these Red drop crotch pants? Any advise ?
                  You have a ballin collection of shoes...I think anything other than sandals would make that outfit great. But I'm not sure if I've segregated my personal distaste for sandals in that comment. I actually like fit from the knees up. You pull of those pants off very well imo.

Comment

• smash
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                    You have a ballin collection of shoes...I think anything other than sandals would make that outfit great. But I'm not sure if I've segregated my personal distaste for sandals in that comment. I actually like fit from the knees up. You pull of those pants off very well imo.
                    Kuugaia, thks for your opinions. Red checkers pants is quite hard to match. Still no ideas besides the sandals. What do u think if boots works?

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                      • Nov 2006

I think it works fine with that look smash, it is very givenchy look which i am totally indifferent too personally, but I am glad to see someone else taking the risk and trying it out, you do it well.

Comment

• smash
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                        I think it works fine with that look smash, it is very givenchy look which i am totally indifferent too personally, but I am glad to see someone else taking the risk and trying it out, you do it well.
                        Thank you Andrew the black top from RO seems work it out and not tooooo rich on the colour tone IMO. The pants outfit come up my mind is JUST sandalsssss.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• chameleon
                            • Jun 2008

Hey, which jacket is that? It's hard to tell from the picture. I definitely like this collection a lot more after inspecting it a few times. Many nice pieces for everyday wear.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

2-button cotton mao-style jacket with detachable silk satin lapels
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

dam fade , lookin good

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢