X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enaml
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BSR View Post
    Enaml, Poell is all about corruption, suffering and death... don't expect anything from him to remain intact, it would be a rip off.
    I think this is why I cannot foresee myself ever purchasing anything but maybe poell leather goods. Just doesn't seem like an economically viable investment.
    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• thaiison
      • Dec 2009

got a new shirt:)

ann d, dd, guidi

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
        I think this is why I cannot foresee myself ever purchasing anything but maybe poell leather goods. Just doesn't seem like an economically viable investment.
        clothes, poell or not, are not an investment, but an expense
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Move_ment : I'm not as convinced as usual by your fit. The move_ment vibe is there, no doubt, but the tucking is strange (maybe bue to the very tight shaft of the boots) and the sleeves of the coat look a tad short.

YUNUNG : beautifull fit and pic.
          But are you allowed to walk on the grass ?

Comment

• fenrost
            Banned
            • Mar 2009

sam, is recent kop? did you wash those jeans? they look great, if not better than they originally were.

Originally posted by BSR View Post
            Enaml, Poell is all about corruption, suffering and death... don't expect anything from him to remain intact, it would be a rip off.
            no doubt, there's this aggression and suffering in the clothes being expressed unto the wearer.

but look beyond this pain and suffering deemed on the wearer, are then his radical/artistry that are actually aggressions towards the stagnation of todays fashion - as we all know, he seems to find the hardest way to make clothes (object dye etc) and work against the body (shapes that differs comfort), crazy fabrics exploration (crystal blend /crushed glass in leather/human hair coat/etc).

of course, every culture has a counterculture and it's important - in fashion, ccp seems one of those : not everyone are interested in his concepts and able to bear his pain/awkwardness/insufficient quality test. its clothes afterall and its hard to treat ccp as such. so still ultimately rest on individual to value ccp's - craziness/look sick as fuck/ etc

re: perf box jeans. i think one need to actually wear this jeans to understand. (hairy legs no need apply) IMO, they are one of the most interesting pants of that collection - breathes upon wear, inhale/exhale, it itches too if one keep think it will itch. not to mention close proximity = slight revealing - so alot of uncanny mind games.

me and another szer possess this perf jeans.. afaik, ours still holding up really well.. mine going 1 year old in few months, after severe trashing and countless wash -

Last edited by fenrost; 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post

YUNUNG : beautifull fit and pic.
              But are you allowed to walk on the grass ?
              he's a ninja man (albeit the goth variety). no one noticed
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• seenmy
                • May 2009

I found those box jeans to be the most restrictive poell pant I have tried to date,Im still toying with getting the white ones,the fabric is very stiff and feels almost brittle when you start to try and move in them

Comment

• Enaml
                  • Apr 2009

Thanks for the insight, F. You raise important points: There does need to be someone like Poell, acting as a devil's advocate of sorts against the modern fashion industry. On top of that he is indeed an artist, or at least an experimentalist at heart, attempting new concepts that don't always work. With this in mind I greatly appreciate what Poell does, and for those that can afford said "expenses," props.

I want my clothing to enable my life, or at least work with it. I feel like if I wore Poell, there would be more inhibition or restraint. Obviously this sentiment is entirely subjective, though. Also, I have hairy legs
                  How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Untitled
                    • Nov 2009

YUNUNG

I’m really feeling this post, I like how you have incorporated less exclusive brands, yet still achieve a well polished look.

Comment

• shah
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      ps: can anyone explain the weird angle of the carpet/wall. Everything is fine and even but on pictures it always look weird (I'd say mirror and camera distortion).
                      stand in that corner and take a pic see what happens to you ?

Comment

• move_ment
                        • Feb 2009

Thanks Enaml and AB&S

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                        move_ment, how do those pants feel, quality wise? Do you think they will hold up with wear? That fabric seems interesting, but I have the feeling (like I do with many poell pieces) that it isn't made to last, at least with heavy wear.
                        firstly, as has been stated, these are REALLY stiff. to the point where when I tried them on it felt as if one false move could literally snap them in half. that being said, I did a small test and from what I can gather the four seams running up the leg in particular help the distribution of tension.

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                        Move_ment : I'm not as convinced as usual by your fit. The move_ment vibe is there, no doubt, but the tucking is strange (maybe bue to the very tight shaft of the boots) and the sleeves of the coat look a tad short.
                        Thanks for the feedback Christian - trying something new and searching for aesthetic middle ground, steering away from anything too overtly aggressive. The sleeves are rolled slightly which creates a small gap between gloves (not on in pic) and sleeve which felt right at the time (kind of like cuffed pants with no socks, but for your hand).

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                        sam, is recent kop? did you wash those jeans? they look great, if not better than they originally were.
                        yes R, from EM recently - I can't wait to wear them in summer, the 'breath in/breath out' idea you speak of is quite an interesting experience. thought I would challenge myself with the first ccp garment (stiff/see-through/rough) - to see if I am really up for poell, or just the idea of poell.

Comment

• mutism
                          • Apr 2010

love the zambesi coat on you move_ment. especially with ccp. is it actually warm? i'm pretty tempted by it, even moreso now that they're having their sale.

Comment

• Catfood
                            • Oct 2008

Ann longsleeve, tank and feather neckclace. Damir shorts and Jil Sander sandals.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Dark under light always produces a strange feeling (i.e. it fucks the upper light colour).

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

this is white on gray, which isn't so bad - though if the tank were a slightly lighter shade of gray i wouldn't have any issue with it at all

i'm struggling with this issue myself after purchasing a white spring blazer from ann - it's perfectly light for spring, but i can almost wear nothing underneath it, black is too harsh, light gray kind of works, and white is too whitewash.... probably just going to dye the thing black or blue

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎