What are you wearing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
    ok, so your refuse to engage in a meaningful discussion when it's directed at you. fine.

his age is of no relevance to me. his style is. besides, i was the one who asked him to stay if he can contribute something to a discussion about fashion.
    why would I argue for something I never said? I have not once talked about sexual identity, preference or categorisation in this particular occasion.

so asking him to stay allows you to grill him and completely ignore what he's written? And you very cleverly ignored all the posts I did that brought a point through. you seem to put it in system yourself.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by christianef View Post
      its not really ironic so long as it was a fashion forum who's aims plainly included critical analysis of aesthetic. then id even welcome it. unnecessary to equate us with random people who laugh at us because we dont look like every other tourist with flip flops and cargo shorts on the subway. its ironic that we can tear a margiela collection to bits in the designer forum but when we find fault with an individual's aesthetic were worse than pol pot like were all of a sudden completely ignorant and cant wrap our heads around a bad joke.
      WORD.
      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
        Heirloom : then I assume that the only solution is to refrain from any negative comment of any sort about anything or anyone on the public place, just in case it would accidentally hurt someone who's not there and who most probably doesn't care. I'm just a guy on the internet, you know ?

So : I promise I will never again call an advertisement silly, just because the man responsible of it is not around to explain his purpose. Fine.
        And I will never, ever again say : "Damn, that book is so useless", because someone around could know the author, who happens to be a really nice human being, and his heart would be broken if he learnt that.

Well thank you : I hadn't really understood the meaning of politically correct until this evening ; now I get it.
        Sounds a bit depressing to me, but here we are.
        I do think negative comments are redundant. if there's something you don't like, it could be because you simply don't understand it. instead of deciding what the persons intention seem to be, ask more? This goes for everyone. I do believe consideration doesn't have to prevent honesty or progress. You don't see me barfing over other peoples outfits in here, and i bring my mindset and style philosophy and stylistic opinion further than most of you, without bashing other people. work on yourself instead of criticising others.

Comment

WORD.
          the difference is big.

a collection is meant for the industry. it's common ground. of course it's someone elses work. but they've displayed it, fed it to the masses. it's up for anyone to wear or tear apart.

judging other peoples intentions based on what they wear, and doing it in a rash disrespectful manner, NOT the same, and NOT cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by mesko View Post
            Now I think that is just unfair. He never mentioned anything about sexuality and the rest of your post (the one directed at him) is mainly aiming at telling him it is not about being gay.
            ridiculous considering he hasn't answered much on any of the other arguments i brought out.

being 15 does matter. i think it's childish to put a 15 year old through the same kind of scrutiny as someone who's 30. Eugene, you're like 35, something, right?

you're 20 years older. instead of bashing youth you should be encouraging them.

Comment

• semper
              • Feb 2009

It would be great it if people wouldn't take insult in this discussion, as it derails it, and it gets stuck into a yes- no game. You don't need that weapon if you have good arguments.

I find nothing wrong in Mail-Moth's opinions. I don't fully share his taste, but that's really all I can say.

The boy is 15?! I take back the bit of criticism I wrote against him, I don't want to judge a 15 year-old.
              I feel dirty now.
              sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Heirloom, those guys are at some show during the fashion week on this picture. They are in representation, they're on display, they are part of the show. And they most likely are aware of that.

As for working on myself, no comment. But thanks for the tip.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                  • Aug 2009

I won't be joining this discussion with much more than my belief that criticism can be put in less offending sentences that do not disrespect the person with which one disagrees.

Other than that, I'm glad to see different shades of aesthetics (which might actually derive from similar cultural references). I want to see people with different preferences and opinions, which allow me to position myself as who I am, rather than to see variations of a certain consensus of view in which I need to make myself fit in order to find acceptance and respect.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                    Knowing you, this is probably a joke, so I guess I'll just leave it at that.
                    we only tell the truth when we joke
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Heirloom, those guys are at some show during the fashion week on this picture. They are in representation, they're on display, they are part of the show. And they most likely are aware of that.

As for working on myself, no comment. But thanks for the tip.
                      my friend is a buyer for a store. he's working there.

Comment

• purplekicks
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                        "Vulgarity is the conduct of other people, just as falsehoods are the truths of other peopleā€
                        Exactly.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        but gosh if the kid really is only 15 we need to drop this shit. lord knows how silly most of us acted at 15. i mean i think kunk was full bore emo kid president of the depeche mode fan club...
                        Charles, the blond on the far left of that photo, is the 15 year old. Or maybe he's 16 now, I don't know. He has a remarkable level of taste and style for his age.
                        eat shit and die

Comment

• mesko
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by marco-von

Dmaj7
                          Are teenage queens so hard to beat?
                          Bm7
                          Everytime they walk down the street
                          Dmaj7
                          Just another during fashion week
                          Bm7
                          Wish he/she was mine he/she looks so good.(bisexual lyrics optional)

G
                          I wanna blog wanna photo you now
                          A
                          Get teenage queens posing right through the night
                          RAD HOURANI YEAH! COME ON!

too lazy to go through the rest of the lyrics, mr peel will turn in his grave RIP.
                          Enhanced.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

You are right, heirloom. It was purple who came with the fag comment, not you. I inferred your stance based on your subsequent and vehement defence and galia's accusations of bigotry. If that's not what you meant, let's stick with style, which is how it should be. And no, age doesn't matter.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                              my friend is a buyer for a store. he's working there.
                              It's not exclusive from what I was saying, right ?

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                                Johnny : "it looks stupid". IT. Not They.
                                If someone tells you that the jacket you're wearing is great, would you translate it by :"Wow, what a great man you are" ?
                                As for the human hanger thing, it is a literal quotation from Purplekicks himself.
                                So where's the problem.
                                MM I don't disagree with your jacket analogy, but that's an entirely different point. My point is that what you said was insulting: a qualitative description of your comment. As to whether it's directed to someone's "personality" or their appearance, that's another matter. If someone says to you "you look good", you would take it as a compliment, no? Obviously, as to the way you look, but a compliment none-the-less.
                                Try this if my point remains unclear: next time you see a big guy in the street and you don't like his look, go up and say: "you look like a fucking arsehole". Let me know if you manage to get out any of your explanation that you were not really insulting him, just the way he looked, before your teeth are on the floor

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎