X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ Agreed. Casey, don't confuse meritocracy with narrow-mindedness.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• semper
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by merz
      [high heels pic]

..to put things in, uh, perspective. your cry for attention has been heard - and answered.
      Of all the things on that blog, this post caught my attention:

TAKE NOTE:

For me, fashion is impersonal. It is not vanity in any shape or form apart from what fits and looks right on my body. If I love what I'm wearing, I love just that: the clothes that are on my body and how they are put together. If anything, my physical body is nothing more than another accessory if not simply a fancy coat hanger. It's not how the clothes look on me, it's how does my body look with the clothes? That's why so many people fail to understand high fashion: it's no longer about flattering the body. It's about a garment standing alone as something beautiful - or maybe not even beautiful but strange and intriguing, who knows? I certainly don't dress to flatter my body every single day; sometimes I just want to wear something interesting. Because it's not about me, it's about what I'm wearing.
      seems like you and him agree after al, merz.
      sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by semper View Post
        Of all the things on that blog, this post caught my attention:

seems like you and him agree after al, merz.
        well if you think that Quote is in agreement with Merz's perspective then you might be completely wrong, for certainly i dont think he sees his body as a "fancy Coat hanger" nor is dressing for him about "what I'm wearing"

People wear different things for different reasons, but I would like to think that for the most part many people who are members of this Forum, sees clothing as an extension of their world view, their philosophy of living and a visual projection of their understanding of self............... so the clothes is subjected to their person and not their other way around..............
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Enaml
          • Apr 2009

Is he not, in a more wordy manner of course, essentially saying he lives his life as an artificial being? It seems he's admitting his clothing contains more personality than the organism they 'adorn'.
          Last edited by Enaml; 08-06-2010, 10:54 AM. Reason: grammar
          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Grazzesto
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
            Is he not, in a more wordy manner of course, essentially saying he lives his life as an artificial being? It seems he's admitting his clothing contains more personality than the organism they 'adorn'.
            This is exactly what I got out of reading the post too. Nothing like putting life into the clothing by being nothing more than a clothes rack.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ isn't that the very definition of a model?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• wow. insane presumptions... he's not talking about his entire personality, just his attitude towards dressing. why would you read so much into what he's saying if he states that he dresses just for what it looks like?

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                  • Jan 2010

Today in the office:

Ann: wool/ramie short pants, suede belt, cotton tank, cotton/cashmere cardigan, suede jacket

Theo: Walter sunglasses
                  THE HOUSE OF DIS
                  embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Dis,
                    I like the outfit, shirt/ jacket and all, the sleeves seem fine, except it seems like the Family Jewels suffereth violence
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

dis, are you swedish by chance?

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

that leather is really nice, browns had it in a grey but it was way to big for me... fits you great in the body but id shorten those sleeves.

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Two Frenchies in a row

Comment

• Ivans On High
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2008

BSR, looks fantastic. Those shades go so nicely together.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Looking good, BSR. Is that a CDiem or grandma shirt?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎