Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

Merz, the shoes are so cool and really outstanding even for SZ. I'd love to wear these or something similar. I always thought my sixties winklepickers were cool, but they are boring compared to these. Well, I thought I had moved on with CCP, Doma, Julius or Guidis, maybe I should move backwards again.

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

they are nice, a tad too vintage for me, i didnt even really like ann's toe cap lace ups froma few fw's ago, but i can see them working with your aesthetic. i can see what you mean with the avants - they would work better on someone like DHC with a less narrow silhouette...though im not quite sure how he dresses typically but i can imagine on some like karlos from atelier it working the best. and if anyone can pull off the cubans itd be you i meant theyre were ironic mostly in the context of a longgg leather linea jacket

good discussion for the mens footwear thread that existed at one point though - maybe should be moved there?

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by merz
        anyway, this has gone way off topic and i'll stop now.
        Every time you go off topic I learn a little bit more about something interesting.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

> enaml - thanks a lot. u made poppin that waywt cherry less painful than i thought it would be, even if i didn't put in even a half-assed effort. heh. quality these AD's seems fine for such a basic construction and they weren't all that pricey. won't use them as beaters, but they're comfy and light and go well with pretty much everything. barefoot might be the way to go though for optimizing your price-quality ratio - you could be on to something there...

> jogu - props on the 3/4's with boots (and long 'clerical'-ish shirt). the whole look is interesting in the truest sense of the word - it actually grabs my attention and makes me think about why i like it. something with the warped proportions and elongated silhouette.

and i agree with merz, a little bit of interjected sidetracking in a thread just keeps us on our toes. no pun. and although i know what stuff i'm comfortable in personally (and will be sticking to that), i tip my hat to merz for repeatedly taking shit to the next level.
          Last edited by Shucks; 08-24-2010, 05:21 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Teejay
            • Apr 2010

I love Jogu's outfits but this one is my favorite (even more than the Lanvin). That long collarless shirt is unembellished but stands out to me because of the imagery it evokes: a priest, yet at the same time I think something more sinister and sepulchral. The silhouette is long and narrow from top to bottom even with
            3/4 pants and boots.
            And for Cuban heels, I love wearing them too. I'm somewhat short though and I like the extra height when wearing them lol.

Comment

• CUTUP
              • Sep 2009

shucks: You have a nice casual look that doesnt appear forced in any way, and the proportions of what you choose appear to work well for you.

HDG: That fit where you had a burnt orange piece on underneath your jacket was one of the best I have seen from you. The 2 shirts almost appear to wrap around one another underneath. I wouldnt have thought that drape would work with such a slim overall look, but it works wonderfully.

And the color really pops, certainly a nice change from everyone wearing only blacks and greys ( of which I am all too guilty of).
              Last edited by CUTUP; 08-24-2010, 09:29 PM. Reason: Grammer change
              Originally posted by marco-von
              this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

no offense to shucks, but i think you are confusing effortless with simple. of course it's effortless to have an effortless outfit - that's easy, but i think "effortless" should be reserved for outfits that are ordinarily not so.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CUTUP
                  • Sep 2009

Fair enough ^ ( edited)

I do see your point. It tends to take away from other more complex outfits that are put together in a way that makes them seem as though it was done effortlessly

I should really have just left it at "not forced"
                  Originally posted by marco-von
                  this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by CUTUP View Post
                    HDG: That fit were you had a burnt orange piece on unerneath your jacket was one of the best I have seen from you. The 2 shirts almost appear to wrap around one another underneath. I wouldnt have thought that drape would work with such a slim overall look, but it works wonderfully.

And the color really pops, certainly a nice change from everyone wearing only blacks and greys ( of which I am all too guilty of).
                    The two shirts are actually one. It's a Damir piece...I'll wear it sans jacket soon to show the details. It's really great! THANK YOU!
                    Le 21ème

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

i like this moth, great colour in those pants; kinda how i dress mainly monotone with the added colour texture in...

Comment

• Thanks guys and girls!

Merz: I guess it comes down to taste issues, but when you walk in 4 inch heels all the time, sandals like these feel so liberating. Especially in the unbearable summer heat that makes your feet swell up two sizes giving you blisters from hell. In those circumstances, comfy sandals are the first thing on your mind.

Francojean23: I started walking towards the camera and noticed it made a pretty cool shot, almost like I'm about to lift in the air and fly. Thought I'd scare you guys with it hahaha..

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

flux to be honest the sandals are the only thing i really like in that outfit, the rest i don't hate but i don't love; it just looks like standard high end womenswear right now, when i see the rick/ann format on women & men right now i don't see personality but more current fashion awareness.
                            i mean obscur is rare to be seen on a girl; but it looks like a rick piece, the ann necklace im not keen on i don't see the point/purpose.
                            I would loose the necklace and jacket and then you would have a simple understated outfit; wear a more conventional less drapey pattern jacket, somethign maybe from mm6 ? but i mean this is my personal taste. Either way ...
                            `the sandals to me are striking

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

Hey Flux,

I like your style and your mixture of expensive and not-so-expensive labels for a successful overall look. Usually I prefer more spontaneuos pics but surprisingly I don't mind the poses at all.
                              Nevertheless I have some criticism: The H&M advertisement on your blog (one of the few blogs where i was interested to browse through the older pages) destroys the overall impression for me. Would it be a major loss to get rid of it or at least make it smaller?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ is this really necessary? what a way to welcome a new member.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎