Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

I thought I was polite enough and my criticism was was not over the top. At least that's what I intended, and that's a nicer treatment than some other new (male) members had to go through.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

i'm just saying - it's WAYWT. no one has asked for your criticism of the blog.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Enaml
        About Flux's style: Yes, this aesthetic (Rick, Rad, black, modernist, gothninja, whatever) is something that is absolutely 'it' right now... With that in mind it's not all that different from how many of us dress. Maybe we pick up on the subtle details of outfits and garments that have been focused on and studied with passion deeper than current 'it' trends. I remember finding Flux's blog two or so years ago when I was looking for waxing methods for denim and her style was essentially the same then. For me, it's the consistency that speaks, not the fact that it is somewhat mirrors what is new and current in fash-un.
        I beg to differ. This is an extremely superficial comparison. I would not be caught dead next to those black-clad fashion victims. Thanks, but no thanks. I know exactly how Mr.Beuys feels.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
          • Apr 2009

Not in the view of many people... Black is to black.
          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Last thing I care for is the opinion of "many people"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

For better or worse I must interact with them on a day-to-day basis.
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by chameleon View Post

with all due respect, it's cool to see you acquiring a lot of Yohji, but I'm not really convinced here. it's not the combination in particular; it looks like you're being worn.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• jgan85
                  • Apr 2008

^Yohji does that, no?

think it best to have a single, or two, yohji pieces at most in an outfit (unless you're doing it like wire.artist does, of course)

and speaking yohji & waywt i would very much like to see a waywt by hanajibu with some of wire.artist's beautiful yohji pieces he acquired

J
                  ________
                  Babe Bikini
                  Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• francojean23
                    • Sep 2008

i tend to disagree , i think yohji begs for more yohji , at least in my experience , an isolated piece in an outfit rarely works ... i think with this particular outfit it's the white shoes that throw it off

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

> moth - obviously you don't need advice from the new guy (me) on how to dress. you're completely owning it and i won't even pretend to have any advice to offer...

but just one thought - have you considered using a leather duffel carryall / medical bag / carpet bag, rather than the shoulder bags you seem to favor? a mon avis a bag carried by its handles would work well (and possibly better?) with the quite dignified style of dress you have, especially when you're wearing longer coats.

anyone agree?

> CUTUP - thanks.

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                        flux to be honest the sandals are the only thing i really like in that outfit, the rest i don't hate but i don't love; it just looks like standard high end womenswear right now, when i see the rick/ann format on women & men right now i don't see personality but more current fashion awareness.
                        i mean obscur is rare to be seen on a girl; but it looks like a rick piece, the ann necklace im not keen on i don't see the point/purpose.
                        I would loose the necklace and jacket and then you would have a simple understated outfit; wear a more conventional less drapey pattern jacket, somethign maybe from mm6 ? but i mean this is my personal taste. Either way ...
                        `the sandals to me are striking
                        i think she helps a bit with richard or did at one point - maybe why she has the obscur coat and while 'in' the aesthetic doesnt really work with much else so if you want to wear the jacket thats essentially what you have to wear it with. i would have to agree with enaml, dont see how this lack any more personality than the standard rustic, loose rolled up trouser drop crotch carpe diem guidi old linea sartoria look you generally wear or seemny in head to toe ccp. i too would loose the necklace but i hate when running away from whats cool is confused for originality. if it looks good it looks good.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

> christianef - i just posted this: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showpost.php?p=256601

didnt realize you were referencing it already...

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

if you cant see the difference between carpe diem and carol, than rick, ann, obscur then its not worth trying to argue.
                            She may be the best out of the 'black clad fashion victims' but it still looks all the same to me.
                            Anyone can wear all black without looking like the 'ninja', my dad wears black sweaters with black trousers and black shoes, he doesnt look like he browses this forum...
                            It may be a subtle difference between or the finest of lines, but there is a point when you loose who you are; and become trying to be just 'another' in this case wearing a certain aesthetic and looking good in it... which is subjective. Maybe it is my judgement in the hair, face, body language of a person; this however can still be present in a photograph quiet clearly. But overall i can't see any thing original here, iv seen it a hundred times over by fashion hoppers who change their aesthetic and don't let 'THEIR OWN' develop over time.
                            But this doesn't look good it looks uninspiring, normal, standard, expected, predictable especially when on this forum.

To wear rick, ann, haider etc all together is less original than choosing one of the above and dedicating yourself to them, no matter how the composition sits in the outfit.

Comment

• deleuze
                              • Jul 2007

Dude, it's Twilight meets The Craft, I'm inspired.

And thanks for the Christiane F. link; shucks, I didn't know movies like this existed.

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                                About Flux's style: Yes, this aesthetic (Rick, Rad, black, modernist, gothninja, whatever) is something that is absolutely 'it' right now... With that in mind it's not all that different from how many of us dress. Maybe we pick up on the subtle details of outfits and garments that have been focused on and studied with passion deeper than current 'it' trends. I remember finding Flux's blog two or so years ago when I was looking for waxing methods for denim and her style was essentially the same then. For me, it's the consistency that speaks, not the fact that it is somewhat mirrors what is new and current in fash-un.
                                Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                I beg to differ. This is an extremely superficial comparison. I would not be caught dead next to those black-clad fashion victims. Thanks, but no thanks. I know exactly how Mr.Beuys feels.
                                Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                                Not in the view of many people... Black is to black.
                                Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Last thing I care for is the opinion of "many people"
                                Originally posted by christianef View Post
                                i think she helps a bit with richard or did at one point - maybe why she has the obscur coat and while 'in' the aesthetic doesnt really work with much else so if you want to wear the jacket thats essentially what you have to wear it with. i would have to agree with enaml, dont see how this lack any more personality than the standard rustic, loose rolled up trouser drop crotch carpe diem guidi old linea sartoria look you generally wear or seemny in head to toe ccp. i too would loose the necklace but i hate when running away from whats cool is confused for originality. if it looks good it looks good.
                                Originally posted by snafu View Post
                                if you cant see the difference between carpe diem and carol, than rick, ann, obscur then its not worth trying to argue.
                                She may be the best out of the 'black clad fashion victims' but it still looks all the same to me.
                                Anyone can wear all black without looking like the 'ninja', my dad wears black sweaters with black trousers and black shoes, he doesnt look like he browses this forum...
                                It may be a subtle difference between or the finest of lines, but there is a point when you loose who you are; and become trying to be just 'another' in this case wearing a certain aesthetic and looking good in it... which is subjective. Maybe it is my judgement in the hair, face, body language of a person; this however can still be present in a photograph quiet clearly. But overall i can't see any thing original here, iv seen it a hundred times over by fashion hoppers who change their aesthetic and don't let 'THEIR OWN' develop over time.
                                But this doesn't look good it looks uninspiring, normal, standard, expected, predictable especially when on this forum.

To wear rick, ann, haider etc all together is less original than choosing one of the above and dedicating yourself to them, no matter how the composition sits in the outfit.

Alright then, there we are.

(Btw christianef never said there was no difference between what Flux wore and Carpe Diem etc; she said she saw no difference in authenticity.)
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎