Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ochre
    • Sep 2009

jogu, it's always such a pleasure to see your outfits. You seriously kill it every single time. I love that your fits are never screaming for attention — everything is really subtle.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mesko View Post
      I disagree. I even think Moth should tuck his trousers, hah!

Edit: Please give me a reason!
      No I shouldn't. I'm wearing wide trousers most of the time - wide at the thighs at least. That would be wrong proportions-wise.

Speaking of which, this jacket looks really big on you - at the sleeves, at the shoulders also. I know how hard it is to part from a piece when you're at the beginning of building a wardrobe, but I sincerely don't think you should keep it.
      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

mornin' killer moth
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

Ah, come on, I'm not being mean here. Would it be better to say "Great !" and let Mesko happily carry this jacket on his shoulders like a dead donkey until he realises the thing himself ?

Comment

• move_ment
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
            No I shouldn't. I'm wearing wide trousers most of the time - wide at the thighs at least. That would be wrong proportions-wise.
            I tend to disagree, I find it a perfect way to off-set volume with a sense of control. I think it's done perfectly here by Damir:

That being said I do understand why this method is not aesthetically you.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

Yes, that's true, it is a very nice way to close a flowing silhouette like this one.

But not in my case, indeed, and not in Mesko's.

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                Ah, come on, I'm not being mean here. Would it be better to say "Great !" and let Mesko happily carry this jacket on his shoulders like a dead donkey until he realises the thing himself ?
                QED

(lesson 1: don't tell the master what to do with his shoes , especially when your jacket is too big)
                pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

i was just going to refer to damir myself when i scrolled down and saw your post. tucking wide pants into boots has strong roots in central europe, slavic tradition and eastern europe / central asia. and it looks lovely when done right.

i actually like mesko's look, even the somewhat oversized jacket. brings to mind margiela's scaled-up doll's clothing.

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
                  I tend to disagree, I find it a perfect way to off-set volume with a sense of control. I think it's done perfectly here by Damir:

That being said I do understand why this method is not aesthetically you.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

BSR : what ?

Ah, whatever.

Shucks, I agree, but there are lots of different wide pants. Try to imagine a jodhpur tucked in a pair of low boots for example.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Mesko : the jacket is a bit too big for sure, but the trousers are way too big. You should choose another shape, slimmer but not to slim if you want to keep the contrast volume+narrow stem by tucking.
                      An other problem is the shirt, and its round botton peering out of the jacket, I'd go for something else, straight and maybe shorter as well.

The Moth is know thinking that the all universe is him : "Ich bin die Brust".
                      Of course : maximum volume+trousers tucked in the boots is a very nice option, that the Moth will only consider in the 23th century, after his 67th reincarnation. But the Moth is forever. So he's got time.

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

@ Moth : 'QED' is latin.
                        pix

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

I was not refering to that part of your message.

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

I am confused
                            pix

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                              • Mar 2009

I was refering to the part implying that I was speaking about his jacket just because he thought I would do better by tucking my pants. That was a tad offending.

But nevermind. I'm probably just a bit tired.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Shucks
                                > moth - yep jodphurs are obviously better with high boots and i get your point (i think). still, i do think mesko's fit manages to convey a sort of charm, similar to boys in suits which they have yet to fully grow into, or as i said, to margiela's scaled-up doll's clothing...
                                They're not jodhpurs and both large trousers and jodhpurs work with low boots. Anyway...
                                Really like your fit and the slender sihouette. Ver nice job, especially for pairing the DD jacket with a collared shirt - even though the jacket looks a tad short at the waist. Looks like some Szian Italian dandy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎