Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

^ Sorry Christian, but would you do that with your YY pants, which are very close to jodhpurs ? Obviously it looks so much better with the boots under the pants.

Otherwise it would segment the leg into three different parts, texture and/or volume wise - and that would simply be too much IMO.
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Too much is never enough.
      Will post something this afternoon if RG gives me some time.

Could not do it with the YY because of the work on the lower part of the legs (multi butonned). And they're not exactly jodhpurs : they become narrow only on the lower part, jodhpur are already narrowed at the thighs.

Non, you're right, with jodpurs, no tucking is better, unless you have high boots (and it's too much but I like it - but not my wife), but it works nevertheless, it the boots remain open. I did it with the Ann D jodhpurs from this season+Ann D low boots when I bought them this summer and tried them on briefly.

Comment

• move_ment
        • Feb 2009

I think the biggest issue I have with mesko's fit is the size of his boots, visually they look 4 sizes too big. I think a taller slimmer boot tucked would work better here to distribute the proportions - right now it's just a litle too chunky and sloppy all the way down.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

thanks christian! you are right in that the jacket (an older season's) is cut quite short - maybe the shirt underneath also being cut high on the sides and me wearing jeans low, on the whole it looks a bit too cropped.

but yeah, the jacket is formal enough (also because the material is a crisp black cotton) for a collared shirt - took me a while to realize that.

thanks again.

ps. yep i know mesko's pants aren't jodhpurs...

Originally posted by Christian View Post
          They're not jodhpurs and both large trousers and jodhpurs work with low boots. Anyway...
          Really like your fit and the slender sihouette. Ver nice job, especially for pairing the DD jacket with a collared shirt - even though the jacket looks a tad short at the waist. Looks like some Szian Italian dandy.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            Really like your fit and the slender sihouette. Ver nice job, especially for pairing the DD jacket with a collared shirt - even though the jacket looks a tad short at the waist. Looks like some Szian Italian dandy.
            agreed.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

> christian & moth - your comments got me thinking about this wide pants/jodhpurs/boots thing and i think this fall i will be adding more items for this to the few i have already. it's an interesting way to modify a silhouette i think...

i've just now brushed up on japanese wwii infantry uniforms because of that YY 'jodhpur' mention and now i'm looking at stuff like this which kind of ties in with what we were discussing, with lots of variations on that theme there with breeches, jodhpurs, puttees (very cool), gaiters/kya-han (a bit too ninja i guess...) and spats combined with different types of boots. i'm inspired now...

sorry for image size and very effete looking soldiers...

more here:
              http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...hru-ages-6.htm
              Last edited by Shucks; 08-31-2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Mesko's jacket CdG? In which case what he's got right now is right on!
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  thanks christian! you are right in that the jacket (an older season's) is cut quite short - maybe the shirt underneath also being cut high on the sides and me wearing jeans low, on the whole it looks a bit too cropped.

but yeah, the jacket is formal enough (also because the material is a crisp black cotton) for a collared shirt - took me a while to realize that.

thanks again.

ps. yep i know mesko's pants aren't jodhpurs...
                  it doesnt look too cropped to me. this is very nice.

Comment

• winst
                    • Dec 2008

8-31

baggy hips, wispy top, open shirt. It's kind of warm today

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

> faust / rider. thanks so much!

> winst - now i'll be getting myself that super long shirt i've been eyeing...

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Too much is never enough

This thread needs some action.

So, front row or second row ?

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

is the jacket black black? I thought "graphite" was as dark as it came?

Comment

• mesko
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Mesko's jacket CdG? In which case what he's got right now is right on!
                            It is CdG, yes. My upper torso is quite large, which often requires me to size up, sometimes leaving the arms too long. It doesn't bother me this time, though, and the rest of the fit is just spot on. It would be too tight otherwise. This is also in response to Christian and Mail-Moth. Also, it is boiled wool, which gives quite a thick impression, in my opinion.

Originally posted by move_ment
                            I think the biggest issue I have with mesko's fit is the size of his boots, visually they look 4 sizes too big. I think a taller slimmer boot tucked would work better here to distribute the proportions - right now it's just a litle too chunky and sloppy all the way down.
                            I have large, flat feet, requiring me to wear large footwear. I am 171 cm/5'7'' tall and have European shoe size 43 or 44. If I only had slim, tall boots!

As I mentioned, I like tucked trousers. The Damir Doma fit posted is a great example - maybe what I was trying to achieve? I tend to twist the hems a bit to keep them from becoming untucked as I move. Maybe that is what causes this effect. I really should purchase a full body mirror.

Originally posted by Christian
                            An other problem is the shirt, and its round botton peering out of the jacket, I'd go for something else, straight and maybe shorter as well.
                            I disagree. It looks pointier in the image (as you would know) but I like the excess off-white/bone.

Thanks for all the input!

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

dries.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

lovely, rider. An instance where the boot tuck is warranted.
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎