• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

And very appropriate!
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

That boots + shorts thing is quite funny christian

rider, very cute. what's the top like?

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

thank you. had no choice really with these marni ankle boots, they are very wide on top and the dries pant is super narrow because of the buckles. i will try with a suede pump too like FTB suggested, i liked that.
        t is gap red with zebras on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian View Post
          This thread needs some action.

So, front row or second row ?

I absolutely love the blazer and the shorts together but would like to see this outfit with more subtle footwear. Like some black sandals for example. You look great though. :)

I wish I could still wear shorts (without any tights) but it's impossible due to the +12C coldness we got going on here up North.

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by flux View Post
            I absolutely love the blazer and the shorts together but would like to see this outfit with more subtle footwear. Like some black sandals for example. You look great though. :)
            Already online.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

That is lovely, rider.

Christian, the sneakers are a fail. I actually can't think of any footwear that would complement this otherwise well put together look, hmmmm....
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

> rider - absolutely gorgeous pants and very interesting to see after having been looking at jodhpurs and puttees yesterday.

> faust - if it were me in that outfit, i'd probably wear a very light oxford / derby shoe (sockless) but it's not me, it's christian, so what you get is MORE action, not less. (jacket fits very nicely on your frame christian, btw.)

sandals work too i suppose, though it's not a personal favorite of mine...

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

looking at C's latest i think sandals are the only logical option. i like the idea of throwing in those chunky sneakerboots in a light look such as that, though. You have fluid lightness on top and then at the bottom it's such a huge visual distraction, an architectural sculpture as if your feet were encased permanently.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    > rider - absolutely gorgeous pants and very interesting to see after having been looking at jodhpurs and puttees yesterday.

> faust - if it were me in that outfit, i'd probably wear a very light oxford / derby shoe (sockless) but it's not me, it's christian, so what you get is MORE action, not less. (jacket fits very nicely on your frame christian, btw.)

sandals work too i suppose, though it's not a personal favorite of mine...
                    exactly what i thought, but i don't think it'd work still. i don't like when they put formal shoes on the runway with shorts either. i don't think i've ever seen it working. too schoolboy.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• semper
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      exactly what i thought, but i don't think it'd work still. i don't like when they put formal shoes on the runway with shorts either. i don't think i've ever seen it working. too schoolboy.
                      It only works on school boys.

Christian, I see the point of those boots. In shorts weather, you need to have flappy open boots to prevent your feet from getting smelly. Right?
                      sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

the shark sneaks' V answer the Damir V-collar =

they limit the schoolboyness/preciosity of the formal shorts that i normally hate =

nice baroque outfit in my book
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

the whole blazer with shorts thing is tricky and quite schoolboy per se. it is something i try to avoid but i still say a low simple shoe trumps any alternative. and no socks. personally i wear shorts more casually (no blazer) and thus with sneakers or sometimes boots.

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                            the whole blazer with shorts thing is tricky and quite schoolboy per se. it is something i try to avoid but i still say a low simple shoe trumps any alternative. and no socks. personally i wear shorts more casually (no blazer) and thus with sneakers or sometimes boots.
                            schoolboys who show torso go to what kind of school ?

actually what you say about casual wear including shorts would not work with these, they are formal shorts (contrary to dick's for example)
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

so you are saying they are formal but you still think a pair of clunky space-cadet rick kicks go well with them? i don't understand that. you seem to contradict yourself... also i don't need explaining what these shorts are like - i know them well...

although i know they have been shown with different types of jackets/blazers, i'd personally wear them with something less fitted and less structured, like a loose linen shirt, an oversized sweater or layered loose t's, in which case i'm sure i could wear for instance a pair of damir/silent/christian peau hi-tops with them (i.e. some sneakers that are less bulky than any ricks i've seen).

but even given christian's combination of jacket and shorts, i still never suggested he wear sneakers with this outfit - i suggest(ed) some simple and light oxfords and no socks. should be better with 'formal' shorts than those rick sail flaps, non?

Originally posted by BSR
                              the shark sneaks' V answer the Damir V-collar =

they limit the schoolboyness/preciosity of the formal shorts that i normally hate

Originally posted by BSR
                              schoolboys who show torso go to what kind of school ?

actually what you say about casual wear including shorts would not work with these, they are formal shorts (contrary to dick's for example)

Comment

• shima
                                • Jan 2009

Excuse the poor quality.

Julius
                                FASR
                                Nicolas & Mark
                                Pudel
                                Gram

Comment

Working...
                                X