Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSebbe
    • Mar 2008

i also like the luc cardigan unbuttoned.
    i wasnt so sure myself, but i recently, likewise started to use it more relaxed like that.

extremely nice suit moth, lovely pics, as well. nice change from the usual darkness-esthetic.

must agree with all the rest (most) with the blazer, theaddict. but, stay true to what you like.

anywho, a small off-topic question.. about the sleeve thing. can you alter the shoulders, too?
    just got a ccp coat and it fits really good in the body, but I feel like the arms are a bit too big. i want it slimmer, but what as said above, what happens with the shoulders?

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
      • Jan 2010

Bakery

AA
      DRKSHDW
      Julius

This is all I wear here now. Simple but it's comfy

EDIT: Addict, I find the suit just a tiny bit tight, but, it's great! Don't worry.
      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

also prefer to wear the LUC cardigan open and also one size big to get a more relaxed feeling. it looks really good on you faust, and the dirty white drkshdw tee works really well with it.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I wish I had that problem, instead of not being able to move my arms in most ccp blazers...

shoulders are more difficult to alter as they are not just regular straight seams, Poell's jackets usually have pagoda shoulders so the padding continues across the shoulder seam into the sleeve. a good tailor might be able to do something, but it probably depends on the particular jacket as well.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

The arms are too small or the shoulders? If you want a slimmer arm, it's quite an easy fix to taper the sleeve from the shoulder down the arm, I've had it done and it looks great. If you're talking about making the shoulder smaller (as in less wide) that's another story.

I like the fit theaddict, it's obviously intentional that you are going for a very particular shape. Does the jacket have articulated shoulders (as in the sleeve looks like a separate piece from the shoulder) that might be the reason people think it looks funny...

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post
            i also like the luc cardigan unbuttoned.
            i wasnt so sure myself, but i recently, likewise started to use it more relaxed like that.

extremely nice suit moth, lovely pics, as well. nice change from the usual darkness-esthetic.

must agree with all the rest (most) with the blazer, theaddict. but, stay true to what you like.

anywho, a small off-topic question.. about the sleeve thing. can you alter the shoulders, too?
            just got a ccp coat and it fits really good in the body, but I feel like the arms are a bit too big. i want it slimmer, but what as said above, what happens with the shoulders?
            music

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

fark, your waywt pics are making me hungry and craving carbs
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• JSebbe
                • Mar 2008

its the arms that are a bit too big, so what i mean is if i get it slimmer in the arms, what will happen to the shoulders? dont want the pads in the shoulders to pop out like the ones on theaddicts blazer (as demonstrated with a nice arrow in christian's post). so is it possible to get that in, too?
                hopefully this made more sense?

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post
                  its the arms that are a bit too big, so what i mean is if i get it slimmer in the arms, what will happen to the shoulders? dont want the pads in the shoulders to pop out like the ones on theaddicts blazer (as demonstrated with a nice arrow in christian's post). so is it possible to get that in, too?
                  hopefully this made more sense?
                  Most Jackets are cut with a two piece sleeve, if you want the sleeves to be slimmer, a good tailor should be able to do that without removing the sleeves from the armscye. Also better to adjust it from the front seam as the back one is usually connected to the buttonhole vent......
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mrmrhing
                    • Feb 2010

Farkhanyassin
                    Like it, it is simple and look comfortable!
                    For me, I like tee with larger neck, no matter V/round.
                    O yes, tea time, and I should take a break and have a coffee and desert~

Comment

• JSebbe
                      • Mar 2008

thanks zamb, was hoping you would answer.

Originally posted by mrmrhing View Post
                      For me, I like tee with larger neck, no matter V/round.
                      O yes, tea time, and I should take a break and have a coffee and desert~
                      as do i, thats what i love about ricks scoop neck tee's. dont feel that comfortable in tight neck tee's

mmm, tea time. great idea, but i'll go for some coffee, just made some chocolate balls!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

That's a very good one.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Another take on this suit, a bit more personal this time :

And a better close-up. Not perfect, but quite.

Living in that outfit the whole day I just felt like some sleepwalker - the fabric is so soft and comfortable, wearing it you simply feel like you're still lazing around in your bed. Pure provocation.
                        Last edited by Mail-Moth; 09-28-2010, 11:57 AM.
                        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• theaddict: I really like those BBS pants, they fit you really well after the tailoring. Wise choice.

I was actually going to send you the picture (I have a few from different angles btw) but been so busy that totally forgot to do it, sorry. Good that you found it though!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks, M-M.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                              Hour glass shape is maybe rather strange, but one can bear with it.
                              This is a bit more problematic imo, since the line of the sleeve/shoulder junction is broken, as others stated already.

Those are called "divots" and posting them on styleforum would cause some people to hyperventilate in despair and hatred.

Nice outfits from Mailmoth and faust. White tees (Rick?) tie the outfit together nicely (but I'd say that wouldn't I?).

A few comments about jacket fits:

-I like a little pulling/creasing at the buttons, which is not innapropriate although some prefer a cleaner fit. I can't stand jacket that look absolutely perfect and unwrinkable like some bespoke clients get, it just make me nauseous.
                              -I don't see why designers wouldn't play with jacket fitting, for example by making a too tight blazer like one of mine which even has some stretchy material (made by Ann D-yeah I know peculiar for her). I do prefer mine however because it is destructured so no padding interferes with the clingy material.
                              -"hourglass shape" though is a different animal because to make it work you need some shaping not just a super pinched waist, it just doesn't work that way.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

Ok, lets agree that we are all total fashion nerds...and we all have different opinions...for me it works perfectly...and i got 2 and a half dates wearing it (max 4 times)... cant be so bad fitting if you ask me......just kidding...

Thanks Flux, was a pleasure to meet you!
                                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎