• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    /\ SZ archives would be epic.
    Faust: I'll have my people talk to your people.

My assistant, uh, (another) MBD (really), will PM you to discuss the best way to do this. The last thing I'd want to do is start a sloppy archive...
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by North View Post
      I actually have a friend who is indexing garments per designer per season, but not on runway but on wearer.
      i dont know if it ever took off, but its a nice inspiration for here.

DmD as many said here, its beautiful, I consistently enjoy your outfits.
      Oh I like...just wish there were more photos? For the SZ archives, we should start with basics -- labels with big bodies of work, and let it grow organically from there...

I'll move the SZ archives thread elsewhere, in the meantime.

MBD

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
        • Jan 2010

Great MBD; Absolutely deserving of HOF. Junya has never been my thing but the womens' pieces are definitely great. Keep it up, I enjoy looking at your outfits.

MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

there is such a thing as too much draping.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• seenmy
            • May 2009

in my eyes theres nearly always to much drape in Fark's looks,maybe its just not my thing but there for me is always to many things going on 1 to many layers or a oddly placed element (todays being the scarf),I know we arent to discuss physical appearence but I also think if you are going to subscribe to this 'look' you have to finish it with the right hair and glasses, for me your current look dosent look right with the clothes.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
              • Jan 2010

Ahah! I knew someone would say that! Quite like layering lots of thin pieces - feel like a walking blanket (looks the part too). I'm comfy, that's all that matters I guess.
              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                in my eyes theres nearly always to much drape in Fark's looks,maybe its just not my thing but there for me is always to many things going on 1 to many layers or a oddly placed element (todays being the scarf),I know we arent to discuss physical appearence but I also think if you are going to subscribe to this 'look' you have to finish it with the right hair and glasses, for me your current look dosent look right with the clothes.
                Interesting. Seenmy, from your perspective as a stylist, what hair/glasses go well with this voluminous, drapey style?

MBD

Comment

• seenmy
                  • May 2009

I would rarely dress a look with glasses,from a personal perspective but he needs them to see I assume so needs to wear them,I think something rounder and deffinatly not so wide would much better suit the look,the current ones distract from what is already a busy way of dressing,hair wise the faux hawk is just not right,I would suggest being clean shaven ,hair in real life often depends on social situation so a all over 0 or 1 might not be appropriate for his life,although I think a neat 1 all over would be the simpliset thing to go with this look,as he cant exactly just grow 10 inchs of hair!I think with this kind of look you either have very short or very long hair.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Fark, shave your head. Then you'll be like a badass Dracula.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                      I would rarely dress a look with glasses,from a personal perspective but he needs them to see I assume so needs to wear them,I think something rounder and deffinatly not so wide would much better suit the look,the current ones distract from what is already a busy way of dressing,hair wise the faux hawk is just not right,I would suggest being clean shaven ,hair in real life often depends on social situation so a all over 0 or 1 might not be appropriate for his life,although I think a neat 1 all over would be the simpliset thing to go with this look,as he cant exactly just grow 10 inchs of hair!I think with this kind of look you either have very short or very long hair.
                      I was planning to do an all over 1 actually! I think the glasses have been talked about before and I'm positive that I still love these, I'll wear them til they break but I should be in the market for new glasses in soon. Fanks for the advice.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Fark, shave your head. Then you'll be like a badass Dracula.
                      We'll see about that ;)
                      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

What's 0 or 1? School me on cutting-edge haircuts.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                          • Oct 2009

@Faust: length in mm me thinks?!?
                          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                            • Jan 2010

Le google for you

http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquesti...ipper_cuts.htm

Here are the general lengths specified by the different numbered length guards:
                            • #1 – one-eighth of an inch
                            • #2 – one-quarter of an inch
                            • #3 – three-eighths of an inch
                            • #4 – one-half of an inch
                            • #7 – seven-eighths of an inch
                            • #8 – one inch
                            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

Let's try something new - outside.

I'd just received this fantastic Ann D hair piece that I'd never seen before from ArrDeeTee (thanks!), and so I was going to play with it, context be damned.

10 ply Jil Cashmere Cardigan - a staple and often too hot
                              Nabuk leggings from Ann D Blanche (they fit! with a pair of leggings worn underneath...)
                              Vin Diesel/J*s*s H. Chr*st Hockeyes from She-Male. I love the color.

Yesterday, someone inquired about the buttons on my Ann D boots. They are indeed functional and serve the same purpose -- to fasten -- as on the Hockeye boots. Here, a horizontal comparison:

Onward, to the new year, (unbelievably, my first as an SZer. Where have I been? In a cave with my caveman shoes?)

Cheers all,

MBD
                              Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-28-2017, 09:07 PM. Reason: damn grammar

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                                Hi there,

I'm not certain if this is directed at me...you would like me to show all my CDG/Junya/Tricot/Tao pieces? please clarify and apologies in advance if I've misunderstood...
                                hello! i was talking to the two gentleman who were talking about their rick collections but you've brought up a great idea. i would love to see your pieces organized neatly. every now and again, actually fairly often, i will get a "" moment while browsing WAYWT and a wonderful piece catches my eye. it would be very interesting to see an SZ archive. the collections to be shown by members of this board will indeed be drool worthy. i know the wearer gives the garments life but seeing everything organized cohesively is definitely a worthwhile project/thread to start around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎