• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post

MBD
    If any WAYWT belongs in the HOF, this one does. Loving the alignment of the seams with the rear lace boots and contrast of color between the two pieces. The textural changes in the styling is beautifully balanced. Playful perfection. Your use of the earthy grey with brown over black is . Well done young lady! BTW, that knit is wicked!
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Eye View Post
      Ok, scrolling through, passing the drama of late. Eye, I think this look would be better if the soles weren't weighing everything down. I'd swap the gloves and uncuff the jacket sleeves while preserving the inner layer extending past the cuff.

One word of advise that I feel you (and everyone else) should really consider (and this may be found as expendable opinion to some and indispensable rule of thumb to others). Never button the bottom button. Particularly on pieces featuring 3+ buttons.
      Last edited by DHC; 01-10-2011, 06:33 PM.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
        Man, I wished I could write like mbd...
        I wish I could write like Jogu
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

cotton velvet jacket, rayon/cotton/metallic pants, cotton shirt, printed silk scarf, leather headband, boots and Theo eye-witness "scribble" frames.

I really need to find some new backgrounds.
          Last edited by thehouseofdis; 01-19-2011, 05:24 PM.
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Wow, this has been an SZ low. I don't think I've ever moderated before while waiting to board a plane. Schucks, that really was uncalled for. And everyone, Please read beardown's post. He knows what SZ is about.

I will return tomorrow, live from Florence please be nice to each other, loving and gentle... Or I will hunt you down and kill you with my fake ninja sword. Thanks.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thehouseofdis
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              And everyone, Please read beardown's post. He knows what SZ is about.
              That post can be found here.

Maybe it's time to remind people, "If you don't have anything nice to say, say it nicely."
              THE HOUSE OF DIS
              embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Wow, this has been an SZ low. I don't think I've ever moderated before while waiting to board a plane. Schucks, that really was uncalled for. And everyone, Please read beardown's post. He knows what SZ is about.

I will return tomorrow, live from Florence please be nice to each other, loving and gentle... Or I will hunt you down and kill you with my fake ninja sword. Thanks.
                Since I'm apparently alone in my opinion and it is diametrically in opposition to what I still perceive to be some complete and utter bullshit, supported by some serious ass-kissing from this board, I suppose I had better go back into lurkerdom. No point in ruining it for everybody if this is how y'all like it. But in no way have I changed my mind on this. I have always, and will always, call it how I see it. Faust, thanks for building this place (I mean it) and good luck henceforth.

Ps. I can't believe you actually removed my post (it was me really speaking my mind and voicing my honest opinion against something I loathe and thus also in support of an alternative I feel strongly about) but in the end I guess it don't even matter anymore.
                Last edited by Shucks; 01-10-2011, 11:12 PM. Reason: Ps.

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

If you sink back into the shadows of 'lurkerdom' - you lose.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• diorowen
                    • Aug 2010

well, I may not suitable for getting my butt into this argument. considering how lightweight is my baggage of contribution here. but after reading the argument here, I think Shucks has some correct point as well, the problem is he's using an offensive language in his deleted post. so let's just respect everyone here.
                    I thought this thread is about personal style, people must have a different perception in many things, such as clothing here. So there is actually no right to telling people what to do.
                    I know that Fark doesn't have to follow what others said here, but don't you guys think your suggestion is a bit too much for him?
                    Fark has his own style, and personally I love his drapery outfit, the fit that he post in RO stooges and drapery inside is lovely I think.
                    However, if you guys don't quite like it, its ok to give a suggestion but not too far. Where in my opinion Mbd, you bought this too far, mentioning his age is 17(not sure if this correct), and saying you are older and trying not to let him falling into any pitfalls, how do you know he is about to fall into pitfalls?
                    He is enjoying what he did, thats the best, he is studying and experiencing many things, thats even better. with you saying like that, is like you are limiting him.
                    there is no relation with money, jealousy, age, and etc.
                    my point is there is a boundary in suggesting something, if you pass that boundary that means you dont respect the other party's perception.
                    about authenticity, what I'd like to say is its a bullshit. we are all learning, and experimenting style, and aesthetic.
                    one is free to wear anything he likes, as long as he is comfortable inside? correct?
                    sorry for my poor english, and Faust are free to remove this if its spicing up the problem :p..
                    so let's get the thread back to the line, contributing design and aesthetic in the clothes being worn :)
                    And Shucks, dont go, seriously we Love You!
                    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Eye
                      • Jan 2010

Hmm. What i think is everyone discovering new style on the internet will first copy/paste fits he likes in order to find his own area after some time. I'm not saying its fark case now, but it used to be. I did it too and i guess im not the only one.

Anyway thanks dhc, mofiya and nictan for your advices, thought the button thing was bound to blazers but i agree nonetheless.
                      And Shucks please stay!
                      WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• DRRRK
                        • Aug 2009

Shucks, i am fucking up my perfect post count for this, but please keep posting.
                        This place needs passion and honesty, not every post should be carefully edited. Discussions can go overboard, but we all calm down again. No big deal. I don't think there was anything that has not been said or at least thought before. Now it's out, justified or not, but I enjoyed this much more than any discussion in a designer invented slang language about leathers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                          Shucks, i am fucking up my perfect post count for this, but please keep posting.
                          This place needs passion and honesty, not every post should be carefully edited. Discussions can go overboard, but we all calm down again. No big deal. I don't think there was anything that has not been said or at least thought before. Now it's out, justified or not, but I enjoyed this much more than any discussion in a designer invented slang language about leathers.
                          I'm on board with this one.

Shucks, please don't disappear in the shadows. Your contribution on this forum would be missed dearly.

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

I wish I could write like Jogu
                            a fifth of vodka should do it
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

lol what tha hell

Comment

• Enaml
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                                lol what tha hell
                                Best possible response

How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎