• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Fixed

Originally posted by jogu View Post
    lol what tha hail
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Shucks, there is nothing wrong with calling it as you see it, its about how you craft it into words. had your response been a bit different in tone, it probably would've been fine. I hope you stick around.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

please don't, I didn't disagree at all and I think I diplomatically made that point. I am probably older than a lot of posters here and wouldn't dream of trying to guide their choices or provide any tony-robbins like guidance.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        Since I'm apparently alone in my opinion and it is diametrically in opposition to what I still perceive to be some complete and utter bullshit, supported by some serious ass-kissing from this board, I suppose I had better go back into lurkerdom. No point in ruining it for everybody if this is how y'all like it. But in no way have I changed my mind on this. I have always, and will always, call it how I see it. Faust, thanks for building this place (I mean it) and good luck henceforth.

Ps. I can't believe you actually removed my post (it was me really speaking my mind and voicing my honest opinion against something I loathe and thus also in support of an alternative I feel strongly about) but in the end I guess it don't even matter anymore.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
          • Sep 2009

seriously, MBD, there is a big difference between giving concrete advice that one can actually use and saying "one day you'll get it..."
          http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

i think saying one day you'll get it suggests that the person who said it unequivocally gets it and is equipped to give guidance. oh jesus, enough already...

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DHC View Post

Ok, scrolling through, passing the drama of late. Eye, I think this look would be better if the soles weren't weighing everything down.....
              hey D (or whomever chooses to respond) can you elaborate on this point? i have a very similar boot i think, ma+ in petrol, and curious on people's thoughts on how to incorporate them. had thoughts to dye them black but would rather not.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                • Sep 2009

Merz, thank you for calling me out on this. You are right.

I just think giving advice like this:

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                The difficulty with this draping experiment is that 1) on a RO jacket, the sleeves will be super long, so they'll stack. And MA+ pants, unless they are cropped, will be stacked. And the center...well, you know. Further, you're shooting in a contrasted b&w which will heighten the shadows...making what you've put together seem more draped than it likely is.

A light drape would be fine, I think -- say from the gentle folds of a shirt with ballooned seams, or from the weight of the cotton hem, for example -- under the jacket.
                is a lot more helpful and kind than the alternative. Since you have asked me to give Fark advice, I would say keep taking the fits pics, but not post them so often. Instead, step back, analyze and identify your favorite ones before immediately coming to others for advice - listen to your gut feeling and come to your own conclusions because in the end it's your opinion that matters most. If you even are to come back, that is.

MBD, I apologize for not wording that better - I'm sure you already know what the difference is.
                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                  ...Since you have asked me to give Fark advice, I would say keep taking the fits pics, but not post them so often. Instead, step back, analyze and identify your favorite ones before immediately coming to others for advice - listen to your gut feeling and come to your own conclusions because in the end it's your opinion that matters most. If you even are to come back, that is...
                  I completely agree with that. And this is exactly what I wanted to post, but then decided to talk in general and leave Fark alone, which we should do now for a while. The name dropping of members not involved was actually the worst thing for me in this discussion.

Shucks, I don't want to read your name in SZ cemetery.

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                    hey D (or whomever chooses to respond) can you elaborate on this point? i have a very similar boot i think, ma+ in petrol, and curious on people's thoughts on how to incorporate them. had thoughts to dye them black but would rather not.
                    I'll hit the two points regarding the shoes in relation to the outfit, as the rest are nuances of self expression that I have no place in tearing into...

The footwear is fine. It is the incorporation of it in the ensemble that is amiss and the following are points of constructive critique based on this fact alone. (1)The silhouette is off balance, which is what I think Nictan was responding to. (2)The color pairings are off. To Eye's credit..it could be the natural lighting of that time of day effecting the color, but the look would benefit greatly from warmer blacks. When pairing blacks, particularly in dryer shades, it is important to consider where it sits in the spectrum.

If you would rather not dye your shoes, don't do it. Spare yourself from potential heartache. Regret is no fun.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• thejjbb
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                      What are the deets on that great coat?

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Comment

• sistersuzie
                        • Jun 2010

sheep burial

Comment

• premierminister
                          • Jul 2008

Office look today

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

sorry, not feeling it. the button down/leather rarely works to begin with and the dress pants tucked is getting to be a bit schizo IMO.might be okay with a blazer but it's feeling a bit flip book.

Comment

• sargon97
                              • Jan 2009

I don't know, Looks fine to me. Nothing groundbreaking but nice clean fit. Looks like business wear for someone working at RO corp

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                                Since I'm apparently alone in my opinion and it is diametrically in opposition to what I still perceive to be some complete and utter bullshit, supported by some serious ass-kissing from this board, I suppose I had better go back into lurkerdom. No point in ruining it for everybody if this is how y'all like it. But in no way have I changed my mind on this. I have always, and will always, call it how I see it. Faust, thanks for building this place (I mean it) and good luck henceforth.

Ps. I can't believe you actually removed my post (it was me really speaking my mind and voicing my honest opinion against something I loathe and thus also in support of an alternative I feel strongly about) but in the end I guess it don't even matter anymore.
                                Removed post because it contained personal info on MBD, not because you insulted her. I feel it's dirty to dig through people's personal lives like that, even if they are online.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎