Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

This thread should be locked one week per month.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

That said.....LULZ i orded a piza, lik, 30 min ago. WTF . . LULZ I hope it gets her be4 its gits cold man!

(a tribute to my fav, btw)

MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

Wow, Sistersuz: did you make that? The knit and styling is very much like what Margiela sometimes does in his fatto a mano line (and occasionally on the runway - see FW 08).

A highlight - the ombre effect of the knit, which is really amplified by your choice of underpinnings and how you've created negative space with them.

I can see how you could really experiment with this - for example, challenge expectations by wearing it with a white dress shirt underneath as a tunic layer, buttoned to the top.

Noice.

PM: I quite like this look for the office (surprised that you can get away with the sneaks, tho, which may be the one element that goes over the top.)

I think that it works precisely because it shows us how ROs pieces can be taken out of the context of the extreme styling we see on his runway and how the pieces should and can be appreciated for its clean design rather than their fantastical qualities.

If anything, I would switch out the sneaks in favor of boots not in the expected colorway, while still being in a color/texture that isn't an egregious clash, or is too obviously styled as the one element that you wanted to jump out at us.

MBD
        Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 01-11-2011, 07:15 PM. Reason: inclusion of comments for PM
        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DHC View Post
          I'll hit the two points regarding the shoes in relation to the outfit, as the rest are nuances of self expression that I have no place in tearing into...

The footwear is fine. It is the incorporation of it in the ensemble that is amiss and the following are points of constructive critique based on this fact alone. (1)The silhouette is off balance, which is what I think Nictan was responding to. (2)The color pairings are off. To Eye's credit..it could be the natural lighting of that time of day effecting the color, but the look would benefit greatly from warmer blacks. When pairing blacks, particularly in dryer shades, it is important to consider where it sits in the spectrum.

If you would rather not dye your shoes, don't do it. Spare yourself from potential heartache. Regret is no fun.
          thats the issue i have. incorporating those boots into any outfit has been troublesome for the very reasons you mentioned. but is it due to lack of imagination?

see, the boots are nowhere near black. they are straight up blue/green. you have to abandon the idea of them fitting into "shades of black". or even grey. they are blue/green. my thinking when buying them was to throw caution, and rules of "matching", to the wind. my hope was to add a splash of color. and they are vachetta leather and will age and develop a patina over time. getting darker. in other words, wear what i wear, black and grey most of the time, "but hey look my shoes are blue/green and do not match at all. neat, eh?" well, the answer may be that no, that isn't neat.

but, is it? maybe it is.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• nictan
            • Jul 2009

^ i really do not know how to pair light coloured shoes with the rest of my wardrobe, so unlike tops, i steer clear of light coloured shoes, and even pants. i only vary the colours on my tops.

the only suggestion i can think of is to go light coloured throughout. pants that arent pit black and a greyish top-half. so the shoes wouldnt look out of place.

Comment

• whitney
              • Dec 2009

any knits that sistersuzie wears is most likely made by her :)

i actually try to picture a white tunic button up..sleeveless..cap sleeve..short sleeve..long sleeve..not quite sure it would work. if you've got time and a white shirt handy i'd love to see it..i think that knit hole/pattern would not work as well with white underneath but i could be wrong..

the outfit is fine imho, but the lines of the cropped black tank underneath sort of muddles it for me so the only thing i'd say is maybe tube top cropped...
              you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• een
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                thats the issue i have. incorporating those boots into any outfit has been troublesome for the very reasons you mentioned. but is it due to lack of imagination?

see, the boots are nowhere near black. they are straight up blue/green. you have to abandon the idea of them fitting into "shades of black". or even grey. they are blue/green. my thinking when buying them was to throw caution, and rules of "matching", to the wind. my hope was to add a splash of color. and they are vachetta leather and will age and develop a patina over time. getting darker. in other words, wear what i wear, black and grey most of the time, "but hey look my shoes are blue/green and do not match at all. neat, eh?" well, the answer may be that no, that isn't neat.

but, is it? maybe it is.
                Blaufränkisch-addled musings:
                Actually, I think DHC was accurate and rather specific in his first post.
                In some ways, the color of the shoes is irrelevant - it is the color and (especially) the weight of the double soles, combined with heel, and the contrast with the upper, that causes the visual discomfort. Not saying that Avantindietro derbies (or their lo-cal Layer-0 cousins) are always the answer, but they could be here...

Next morning with espresso edit:
                btw, the jacket is gorgeous
                Last edited by een; 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by een View Post
                  Blaufränkisch-addled musings:
                  Just poured the last serving of the same. HAHA! Weird!
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                    • Jan 2010

Is... is it safe now? C-can I come out?
                    Let's turn over a new leaf, shall we?

Rick Owens
                    m.a+ Oversized Pin
                    Faliero Sarti
                    Rick Owens
                    Adeline Basely
                    Rick Owens
                    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• ES3K
                      • Oct 2008

/\ /\ /\

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      (...) let's just sit back and enjoy fark's farking amazingly farked fits (...)

Comment

• sistersuzie
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                        Wow, Sistersuz: did you make that? The knit and styling is very much like what Margiela sometimes does in his fatto a mano line (and occasionally on the runway - see FW 08).

A highlight - the ombre effect of the knit, which is really amplified by your choice of underpinnings and how you've created negative space with them.

I can see how you could really experiment with this - for example, challenge expectations by wearing it with a white dress shirt underneath as a tunic layer, buttoned to the top.

Noice.

MBD
                        as miss whitney said, yesm i made the knit. thanks for the good words. i'd like to pair something skin color under to really give that naked impression.

the knit being really thick, couldn't go with ANY dress shirt, i'm still gonna try and see though :)

thanks

Originally posted by whitney View Post
                        any knits that sistersuzie wears is most likely made by her :)

i actually try to picture a white tunic button up..sleeveless..cap sleeve..short sleeve..long sleeve..not quite sure it would work. if you've got time and a white shirt handy i'd love to see it..i think that knit hole/pattern would not work as well with white underneath but i could be wrong..

the outfit is fine imho, but the lines of the cropped black tank underneath sort of muddles it for me so the only thing i'd say is maybe tube top cropped...
                        if anything good comes out of the white dress shirt adventure, i'll show you :)
                        tube top could totally do it, probably on someone else than me due to proportions and stuff
                        sheep burial

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

Fark, I really love this one. Especially the second pic. It looks very natural despite the strong weight of this cardi, and I like the way this safety pin alone makes the whole lighter - infusing something almost trivial here. Nice choice of boots too. With the MA+ canvas it would have looked too precious.

Today :

CDGH+
                          FL+FL
                          Alden

Someone said, somewhere above, that it was tiresome seeing cerain people always posting the same pieces on this thread. I obviously am one of those people, so I just want to explain something simple : to me, playing on slight variations makes more sense than displaying a completely new outfit every time. It allows to keep coherence and at the same time to induce in the silhouette changes more noticeable that it seems - at least in my own eyes.
                          Last edited by Mail-Moth; 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM.
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Moth,
                            Good to see you got your face Back

looking great as usual.............please do come visit me when I am in Paris,

Fark,
                            keep posting and do stay around. while some of the naysayers may have valid points, the meanspiritedness to which the whole situation is treated is what saddens me in all this. i'd come to expect better from my fellow members here. you have been nothing but polite and respectful all the time and i commend you for that.

the idea that you are looking for acceptance and validation is absurd..............we all need acceptance and validation to fell human, some more than others and there isn't a thing wrong with that.

the Z-Fella has been stressed and sick for the last few days.........I need y'all prayers. I got alot to do before I get to Paris and I haven't been feeling like a divine being of late. where there was strength and a superhuman will, I feel nothing but a middle of the pack vitality.
                            cant say Ive lost my mojo, but just haven't been feeling the strength that's usually associated with it
                            Someway somehow though, the Z will triumph.

talk soon
                            Bessings
                            ZB
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ES3K
                              • Oct 2008

Really lovely, M-M. Personally I don't like mandarin collars (but that's just me, works on you I must admit) -- anyway, CdG jacket is just awesome, lovely color, and the texture with the slight wrinkling is perfect, exciting and relaxing at the same time. May I ask what material it is? (Looks like thick cotton to me).

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

Ledger, it sure does. Even better than I could expect - was a little worried about the material at first, since I'm not used to wear synthetic fabrics, but there really was no reason.
                                ES3K, the fabric is polyester.
                                Zamb, hope you'll feel better soon. I assume you're coming here for the fashion week ?
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎