• Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

James Nolte Brown Lives!!!
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Eye
      • Jan 2010

I see what snafu means, but i'm pretty sure this is due to picture and wearer attitude, since beau wore almost the same outfit. However, i must admit acephales picture is a bit more stylish than the other ones.
      Anyway i wouldnt call it "soul" of the wearer, but maybe soul of the photographer that catches the good light and expresses the look through the picture. Same point on this picture.
      That said, i liked all the fencing outfits and this one is great, keep posting Acéphale !
      WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• snafu
        • Apr 2008

Basically i can see acephales attitude in this photo and all of his previous posts. You can see he has style, he understands what he is wearing; even if that is simply down to the proportions. beauIXI; graham and i were speaking about you wearing that piece, even im sorry to admit it doesn't fit you as well as others on here you drop it with more grunge essence. Graham told me how you saved up for ages for that piece and how you have a certain style i can see it.

But when you see that piece turn on the pages in repetition of here after darklands reorder; to me it kinda kills it. Im sorry, but thats how it is, even jude can't really pull this one off, nor seenmy his proportions don't work on this jacket and carol noramlly looks perfect on him since he is a models build. Im being brutally honest.

Its a weird jacket so fucking strong and aggressive that is so simple yet striking, basically you have to have a bit of that punk don't give a shit mentality to wear this. I feel like you have to be a reject from normality to pull it off. Its like the rick elephant boots lots of fashion kids/hipsters what ever you want to call them ("dazed and confused kids" shye) but very few pull them off.

We can all buy this piece if we get 3k together but few pull it off.

You probably think im going way to deep into all this but its just how i see it.

And nod im sorry i forget about you, but yeh you looked sick in it when you wore the red striped fingerless gloves and the sheepskin hat... picture not on here.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
          Basically i can see acephales attitude in this photo and all of his previous posts. You can see he has style, he understands what he is wearing; even if that is simply down to the proportions. beauIXI; graham and i were speaking about you wearing that piece, even im sorry to admit it doesn't fit you as well as others on here you drop it with more grunge essence. Graham told me how you saved up for ages for that piece and how you have a certain style i can see it.

But when you see that piece turn on the pages in repetition of here after darklands reorder; to me it kinda kills it. Im sorry, but thats how it is, even jude can't really pull this one off, nor seenmy his proportions don't work on this jacket and carol noramlly looks perfect on him since he is a models build. Im being brutally honest.

Its a weird jacket so fucking strong and aggressive that is so simple yet striking, basically you have to have a bit of that punk don't give a shit mentality to wear this. I feel like you have to be a reject from normality to pull it off. Its like the rick elephant boots lots of fashion kids/hipsters what ever you want to call them ("dazed and confused kids" shye) but very few pull them off.

We can all buy this piece if we get 3k together but few pull it off.

You probably think im going way to deep into all this but its just how i see it.

And nod im sorry i forget about you, but yeh you looked sick in it when you wore the red striped fingerless gloves and the sheepskin hat... picture not on here.
          that is the essence of your statement.
          how you see it. how can you be certain others will see it that way?

or you seeing it that way makes someone who has an opposing view any less valid that yours?
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• docus
            • Dec 2010

Acéphale, I think it looks amazing, you carry it off with aplomb - I get a feel of May 68 from your shot, also punk, paramilitaries, anti-capitalist riots... All interesting themes, and a pleasing ironic juxtaposition with the $squillion jacket!

What make are the trousers - I love them.

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

I am with Snafu on this one. Probably no surprise here if you remember last weekend's discussion. Nice that subculture is mentioned for once, because subculture is the influence on a lot of clothes worn here.
              I doubt that Snafu thought most of the other members will agree before he posted it. But it is not the point of a forum to post some consensus statement all the time. Do we all have to say "Holy shit, my grail" when we see a CCP fencing? Even when the fit sucks? Boring... There's a nice dicussion going on, and there's no need to emphasize that opinions are personal because we all know that.
              Last edited by DRRRK; 01-14-2011, 10:08 AM. Reason: Deleted one word that was too much. Maybe all are too much...

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

I don't find the fencing to be cooler or better than the average RO or Julius leather jacket, the high price just has a psych impact on SZ members. I don't dislike it or anything and it looks cool with some fits but if it wasn't Poell and like €4500 or something (Poell prices are now plain stupid, let's be honest he's not Hermès) no one would go "grail, grail, grail, coolest jacket ever!!!".
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

amen, I think we are conflating body type with soul.

Originally posted by marco-von
                  Ok meditate everyone lets look deep inside our souls and find our inner shit spout!

I don't see the difference in the way any of them is worn but thats just me. The jacket is too much of a siamese twin to let you to masturbate in private.

either way i think we can all accept robert gellers fencing shirt was a must better representation of the fencing style......

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

honestly, you could move the zipper 6 inches on any very basic RO leather and have a reasonable facsimile save for the fact you could move in it.

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    I don't find the fencing to be cooler or better than the average RO or Julius leather jacket, the high price just has a psych impact on SZ members. I don't dislike it or anything and it looks cool with some fits but if it wasn't Poell and like €4500 or something (Poell prices are now plain stupid, let's be honest he's not Hermès) no one would go "grail, grail, grail, coolest jacket ever!!!".

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      honestly, you could move the zipper 6 inches on any very basic RO leather and have a reasonable facsimile save for the fact you could move in it.
                      The cut is quite different (less hugging and attractive) and the leather is, as you say, quite stiff. It is a very different piece (which is why I wear RO and not CCP leathers) that has its own interesting characteristics. Most people looking at a wearer will find them less cool than if they were RO or Julius but who cares? My point is that its not greater or an accomplishment of epic proportions, just a high priced leather jacket that gets a lot of aura in certain circles for its high price. Now if you ask me SZ is now at a all time high of users who basically buy the pieces cause they're pricey, rare and have a "in the know" aura.

Couple this with the "soul and authenticity" crowd and I really don't know where I fit, having such a different relationship with clothing than our membership.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

This is getting ridiculous. When can a man just put up a picture of himself in a leather jacket without his heart being weighed? Is my outfit the skin of my mummified corpse? Will my flesh be balled out from my apparel and placed in jars? No. You would have to know me to understand the dirty way I wear this stuff in practice- a picture doesn't do the trick. In my opinion, CCP is all about elitism and paradoxically all about rejection of the same. It's a cycle of self loathing that ends here, where an unhealthy obsession begins- just look at these long winded discussions we seem to have every single day. Poise, grace, style, can all be learned. No real punk would ever wear CCP, they'd have better things to do with their time.
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                          This is getting ridiculous. When can a man just put up a picture of himself in a leather jacket without his heart being weighed? Is my outfit the skin of my mummified corpse? Will my flesh be balled out from my apparel and placed in jars? No. You would have to know me to understand the dirty way I wear this stuff in practice- a picture doesn't do the trick. In my opinion, CCP is all about elitism and paradoxically all about rejection of the same. It's a cycle of self loathing that ends here, where an unhealthy obsession begins- just look at these long winded discussions we seem to have every single day. Poise, grace, style, can all be learned. No real punk would ever wear CCP, they'd have better things to do with their time.
                          Some buyers might make it about that but CCP is definitely not about this.

Comment

• thejjbb
                            • Apr 2008

Deeply hurt by everyone's comments, Beau and Seenmy went out and found some "soul" and "authenticity":

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              Some buyers might make it about that but CCP is definitely not about this.
                              ccp's design philosophy may not be but his epic pricetag combined with the cooler than cool anti-fashion anti-marketing (censorship of the web) marketing strategy certainly are.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

well done jjbb
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎