Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

see i think the opposite of that , i prefer them lookin baggyish like that instead of slimmer if its a less stiff poplin and not like straight up denim . it looks more comfy for 1 but also just looks more like lazy but steezy specially with the neutral color palette

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

I received a nice note from another forum member this morning that mentioned, amongst other things, the difficulty of wearing a AW 06 Junya skirt you may have seen already (pics:
      1, 2) made of military surplus shirts. I would agree that it is difficult, at least for those of us who aren't particularly tall (I'm 5'4").

So, I took it as a task to style the skirt in other ways as an experiment. And I'm wearing it today, so there.

First, I rolled the waist twice -- it does run large in the waist -- to shorten the length of the skirt. (Here are images of the new length:

Pics: 1, 2. Obviously, this sort of skirt would not be easy, or inexpensive, to alter if it were possible at all. I then removed all eight epaulets and closed two collars in their original shape. I strapped one epaulet on buttons so they would be behind my leg thereby forming a space through which I could stick my legs.

The result, a curious Elizabethan-era/Sarouel hybrid, is quixotic to say the least (further, I can't really wear sarueru's). But for you all, the world.
      [/url]

The back was, I think, more successful because it was more true to a characteristic Junya shape: the fishtail. I adjusted the skirt using the epaulets I had removed earlier, creating volume by crossing the straps and layering them.

Deets: Linea cashmere wrap jacket with pointed "hood" which I wrapped into a funnel neck collar, Junya AW 06 skirt, always the Ann nubuck leggings, MMM tabi's that are too tall, which is why I'm selling them. Leather wrap bracelet and silver necklace: M.A+/granma (Downtown, S.F.); gold bracelets, one each from my real granmas.

Thanks to Pedrocito! and L.
      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-28-2017, 10:09 PM. Reason: details, ever more details
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• jscl
        • Jan 2010

love that skirt MBD
        JUST THE HITS

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Damn...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
            • Jan 2008

The only time I have ever enjoyed a hood was during the early mornings
            rolling into dance class(and gardening work), so I really like that you have
            turned it into something else by wrapping.

These kind of transformations, also done to your skirt can
            become quite special.
            Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 02-08-2011, 10:11 AM.
            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

MBD

A+ in style
              D- in gardening

lolz..

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

pilgrimage

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

nice as always christian. is that a statue of lacan?
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Return

Last edited by BSR; 02-08-2011, 01:57 PM.
                    pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                      MBD
                      A+ in style
                      D- in gardening
                      MBD couldn't agree more on both points!

Kunk - really nice to see you wearing the RO leather a bit more casually than your usual zipped up...looks very nice indeed!

BSR....last time you posted a pic, it cost me close to Eur4k.....so i am going to try and ignore your last post for the sake of my mortgage...

edit - thought it was the high neck, but on second inspection, its the fencing with a scarf.....so i'm ok
                      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

haha eton have a closer look...
                        pix

Comment

• eton97
                          • Dec 2008

...see edit
                          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                            • Oct 2009

Thats what I thought, no worries D its only the fencing in a dark alley! :)
                            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                              MBD

A+ in style
                              D- in gardening

lolz..
                              Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                              MBD couldn't agree more on both points!
                              Haha! I am pleased to know that SZers suffer neither fools...nor bad gardeners (even in February!) ONLY THE BEST SURVIVE ON THIS FORUM.

BSR I think this is one of my favorite fits of yours...even if I have to squint and bring my nose to my screen to see details. Wonderful!

MBD
                              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

thanks MBD!

yeah it's the fencing, but no scarf
                                a gloved turtleneck to deceive you guys
                                cool, it worked!
                                Last edited by BSR; 02-08-2011, 06:10 PM.
                                pix

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎