• Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by empaulio View Post
    What boots are they mrbeuys? Sidezips?
    Yup, best boots I ever owned.

Originally posted by Eye View Post
    ...and it looks dressed up with these ann.
    I will dress up with these for another pic, this was me getting soy milk on a Sunday morning. But I agree with you.

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
    there's something so enjoyable about the leather against my skin.
    Not sure I feel comfortable discussing leather on skin here, but I am familiar with the feeling . I mean - I own A LOT of leather. And no, this isn't the first pair I owned, but it's by far the best. Ann knows how.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

What about the blistered Detroits though?
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
        What about the blistered Detroits though?
        Loved the idea, didn't work on me.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

nice fuuma, what is the blazer?

flux looks great shirt is ann blanche right?

how is zamb not in the HOF yet. for his smile alone. consistantly looking very sharp

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Christianef: Thanks! It's actually from the main line's S/S11 collection.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Well-executed, mrbeuys. Glad to see you are still into deviant activities, like drinking soy milk.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• een
                • Sep 2006

beautiful jacket q - one of the nicest peices i've seen in awhile.
                d was right, looks fantastic on you!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

As I was thinking about what is so right about your ensemble Flux, Mona's comment scrolled into view. I couldn't agree more. I think that as opposed to what Downtown does, the way you put together clothing doesn't seem all forced. The thoughtfulness of the designer(s) real comes through here: its no surprise that this fit -- the most natural of your fits -- is also my favorite.

There are definitely fits here (and in the affiliates thread) that make me think that the designer sees design as a vanity project, done with little concern for who will eventually wear it and, as a result, making their clients into little instantiations of whatever conceit they've come up with for the season, or clones spreading the news of the manifestos they've penned...

Also, I really like this trend of members taking photos of each other so that we get the chance to see people not as they choose to represent
                  themselves, but to see their strengths through the lens of another! (awesome photos of Fuuma, Fark.)

MBD
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

i don't think I can imagine anything more deviant

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Well-executed, mrbeuys. Glad to see you are still into deviant activities, like drinking soy milk.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

^ it wasnt for drinking but that's another story.

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

ok, now I am intrigued.

Comment

• quiet noise
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

Sporting my new Detroits in this illustration of the 1st school of SZ looks. Still feeling some doubts about the fit of the Jacket. New camera on the way

Comment

• Mona and MBD, I'm happy you have caught the essence of what I consider one of the most important "rules" when acquiring a piece that speaks to me - it has to be wearable. I have very rare clothes just sitting in the closet, so these garments need to be such that I can wear them daily if needed. This Ann D piece is definitely an epitome of that.

There are lots of beautiful garments out there but I'm not so much interested in buying "art objects", but rather, things I can actually put into use. Nothing wrong with collecting things I suppose, but that's just not me.

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by merz

marvielab, linea, collateral, luc, yohji, ccp rubberband.

m, love the mood brought on by the photos (i'm assuming) fark took.
                              suave fucker. much thanks to moth for keeping things real out here through thick and thin.
                              merz marvie jacket looks amazing. what is the fabric if u dont mind

Comment

• quiet noise
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2008

i genuinley like you merz. Always nice outfits and you look really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎