X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carcass
    • May 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    I never ever say this but HOF right here. Awesome. I must try this with my dad. ( mum is a rick convert already )
    daaaang my mom would never go for that.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

didn't somebody diss me for wearing aviators? dunno
      rise and fall
      rise and fall
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

They look better on an older dude. Don't take offense. More his era.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
          • Jan 2010

Awesome. The ol' man's too big to fit my stuff. My mum too is a rick convert.
          MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            didn't somebody diss me for wearing aviators? dunno
            rise and fall
            rise and fall
            Dude, lots of shit becomes cooler when you are 80 than it is when you are 40. Like continence, potency and aviator shades.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

finally a reason to keep posting for 4 more decades
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                Dude, lots of shit becomes cooler when you are 80 than it is when you are 40. Like continence, potency and aviator shades.
                I am getting my aviators the day after tomorrow. Looking forward to aging gracefully.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

And, trent, that IS pretty awesome.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                    ^^ah but the errors in grammar kill it for me. yes sadly i am that weird.

liquid i think its funny and strangely admirable that you are defending that thigh thing. same way u defended those horrible foot glove things. it shows that u are an individual. comfortable with being true to your own ideas, even when they are in stark contrast to the reality of the situation and setting.

its also almost akin to the way someone with aspergers syndrome can comprehend the differences between their experience (viewpoint) and the more common, shared worldview of those around them, but not really understand or internalize it.

example: person with aspergers watches tv by changing channels every 45 seconds. that way he can watch multiple shows at once. "normal" person watches one show in order to become invested in it for a deeper experience, therefore constant channel changing drives normal person crazy. person with aspergers cannot truly grasp this and says "whats wrong with watching tv in a systematic way?"

so, i guess my point is...that i have no point. maybe its just different priorities. there are still certain fashion no-no's that even the avant garde adhere to. (no hip packs). that sweet thigh thing is better suited to a damn home depot forum than SZ. unless it comes with a grappling hook. then i'm all about it.

edit. um... i'm not saying you have aspergers. just saying you have a unique viewpoint. wrong, but unique.
                    Can we stop with this individualism fetish? I thought we are here to discuss style. So, if I wrap myself in a vinyl table cloth tomorrow and walk around in that, should I be praised as an individual?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• francojean23
                      • Sep 2008

a not particularly stylish individual

Comment

• DRRRK
                        • Aug 2009

Old or not is depending on who judges it. As my RAF aviators look totally unflattering on me that could mean I'm too young. Thank you.

Trentk's post should go to best of SZ. Such a lovely idea. If suddenly Rick leathers dissapear from classifieds a new family market might be responsible for this.

Comment

• chomeo
                          • Mar 2010

I got dissed with my newly purchased stooges on the other forum. Was going to sell it. But Perhaps now I can wait a few more years to wear it with my kids.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            ... that sweet thigh thing is better suited to a damn home depot forum than SZ. unless it comes with a grappling hook. then i'm all about it.

edit. um... i'm not saying you have aspergers. just saying you have a unique viewpoint. wrong, but unique.
                            Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Can we stop with this individualism fetish? I thought we are here to discuss style. So, if I wrap myself in a vinyl table cloth tomorrow and walk around in that, should I be praised as an individual?
                            i get it faust i get it. i wasn't really praising him tho. more like diagnosing him
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• gavagai
                              • May 2010

I'd be real proud of my father is he was sporting Rick and sunglasses. I probably would have gone with some Large plastic Kanye style but the aviators are fine.

small rant:

"example: person with aspergers watches tv by changing channels every 45 seconds. that way he can watch multiple shows at once. "normal" person watches one show in order to become invested in it for a deeper experience, therefore constant channel changing drives normal person crazy. person with aspergers cannot truly grasp this and says "whats wrong with watching tv in a systematic way?""

Honestly? Sounds like the normal person is the one with the problem here. Maybe I have this disease - if this is why people are constantly calling me ass I suppose I owe a few apologies...

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

its not a problem. its a difference.

i used the aspergers example to illustrate a challenge in processing emotional empathy. its called mindblindess. it was supposed to be an amusing metaphor. and forget i said anything
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎