• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

Wow, thank you! Since you guys are so nice, here is more black goodness from yesterday I wasn't going to post. Same boots, Ann D. belted sweater (1999, one of my oldest pieces), slim (although for some reason they don't look that slim here) virgin wool pants - Raf Simons, same jacket - not pictured. Oh, and my trusty Helmut Lang black canvas/leather bondage closure messenger bag - not pictured.
    </p>

</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

/\That sweater is dope!
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

Junya jacket suits you, faust. I didn't know you finally got it after all this season of searching! And funny how Helmut Lang' Slim never seemed quite as slim as the press releases to me, even back then, but it's a cool belt detail....

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thank you, all.</p>

Bakla, I got the jacket as a consolation prize for not getting the coat. It came so cheap that I can't even begin to tell you. God Bless Bloomingdales.</p>
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

that Junya piece is pretty badass...i think Junya menswear is kinda underrated overall. His womenswear gets more props - and perhaps deservedly so, but his menswear always felt very genuine to me in that he references his inspirations without a single trace of irony or pretense, and often times the level of care and detail he takes towards the construction of the pieces is what gets me and sets his stuff apart from something similar that may be found at a thrift store. Saw a bunch of s/s 08 yesterday, it was all very wearable but not at all boring. He seems to have gotten into this English country-dandy kick as of late, so dont know when the next time we'll see something like faust's jacket again (or even those plate mail hard Lewis Leathers bikers from last winter).

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

i love dos ann boots. reminds me of how usually around this time i kinda look forward to buying a pair of ann boots... NOT THIS SEASON BARFFFFFF.
              </p>

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]that Junya piece is pretty badass...i think Junya menswear is kinda underrated overall. His womenswear gets more props - and perhaps deservedly so, but his menswear always felt very genuine to me in that he references his inspirations without a single trace of irony or pretense, and often times the level of care and detail he takes towards the construction of the pieces is what gets me and sets his stuff apart from something similar that may be found at a thrift store. Saw a bunch of s/s 08 yesterday, it was all very wearable but not at all boring. He seems to have gotten into this English country-dandy kick as of late, so dont know when the next time we'll see something like faust's jacket again (or even those plate mail hard Lewis Leathers bikers from last winter).
                [/quote]</p>

Agreed about Junya in terms of quality and construction. The fact that he has no visible personal philosophy makes it unpredictable, but it can be a good thing - surprises are fun.
                </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

I love junya for spring, I ordered a blazer with floral print all over that I had to have.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]I love junya for spring, I ordered a blazer with floral print all over that I had to have.[/quote]

ok, pictures of you in a flowery blazer or it didn't happen!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aruva
                      • Dec 2007

Great boots!</P>

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="mesh"]I love junya for spring, I ordered a blazer with floral print all over that I had to have.[/quote] ok, pictures of you in a flowery blazer or it didn't happen!
                        [/quote]</P>

Man you guys aren't easy to please, it'll be some time before I do it though [86]</P>

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Faust is patient.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

^ ill as bill!</p>

Not a full-body shot... just a quick one taken on the platform on tuesday:</p>

</p>

CCP diagonal zip boots</p>

Cloak slim pants</p>

MA+ skinny belts (purchase prior to the ridiculous price that they are now... my god, the tiny one is $325!!!!)</p>

MA+ long sleeve shirt</p>

MA+ deep V hoodie</p>
                            <p mce_keep="true"></p>

[/quote] </p>

if SZ were to put up a category called BEST of WAWYT, i would nominate this photo for it. the key is the art direction and composition. this should be an ad for CCP or SZ. well done, g. its funny cuz i saw the rest of the look!</p>
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

Ditto ^^
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Thank you P, coming from you that means a lot!!</P>

It took me about 6 tries to get it right. The most obnoxious thing is the tourist that decided to jump in the back right at that moment. I would have liked it better if the rest of the platform was either bare or really busy.</P>

Hope you're ballin on this nice day wearing a million Rick tees all at the same time!</P>
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎