• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheThief
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
    sociopath
    Let us not forget, poo-slinger as well.
    Last edited by TheThief; 01-06-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
      My first waywt. Yeah, I know, it's unzipped. Get over it.

Photos by HdG
      Zip the fucking jacket!!!!!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheThief
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Zip the fucking jacket!!!!!
        How 'bout you zip it!

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

i like the fit but that jacket us beggin to be zipped

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
            How 'bout you zip it!
            Arguing with zboss?! What's this world coming to!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

-Cloak, Plokhov, Acne, NDC
              music

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

i'm sorry, but that just makes you sound incredibly shallow. it might be difficult for you to believe me when i say this, but i'm not even trying to be a dick here. it's just how i've come to interpret your views within an interpersonal context. you're basically saying that you find an ability to connect with people that favor looks... above other personal elements? if someone with a striking combination of humor and heart strolled into your life would you decide to kick them back out because they failed to appreciate your play on textures? you say that you can't imagine a situation where someone is fond of you, but not your wardrobe... so does that mean you have nothing else to offer other than your style? i really don't understand how you can limit your choice in partners based on such narrow criteria. you seem like an intelligent person, and i somehow don't truly imagine you to be so destructively superficial, but that's honestly what i get from your post. while i can forsee a beautifully curated wardrobe in your life, i don't imagine that there will be much happiness in your future unless you adjust this 'policy' of yours.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

^ while you are interpreting merz's statement as in a "well they have to appreciate what i appreciate and that is clothes because aesthetics is everything"

i'm more certain that merz meant that someone he could connect with intellectually and person would at least be open minded enough to appreciate or respect his aesthetic decisions rather than disregard or condem them. in all likelihood if your philosophical viewpoints and consciousness of the world are the same, you should also stray towards similar clothing choices or at least are open to the understanding of those choices.

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

well, not just that. he stated that the only women he's ever cared for also cared about 'this shit'. it's like saying that inner beauty is all that matters, or that you'd fuck susan boyle just because you find her voice to be incredibly enchanting.

people lie to themselves all the time. and if merz has only cared about women that appreciate his aesthetic direction, i'm thinking that this 'appreciation' is paramount to other, more important aspects of personality (whether he admits it or not).

and i don't think intellect necessarily has anything to do with an appreciation for aesthetics. we're not talking about sexuality or social mores here. at the end of the day, it's clothing. there's no point in discriminating or having dumb ass policies that filter people out of your world.
                    Last edited by CHRIS; 01-06-2012, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• CHRIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2006

oh no, it's more than possible that i'm totally (or just somewhat) wrong about you

its just me connecting the dots from the years that i've 'known' you; a portrait solidified by your recent post. sometimes you accidentally skip a few numbers though, you know?

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

I don't think there's anything wrong with hoping to connect mutually with someone else where you appreciate one another's aesthetic tastes. That's one thing you might have in common right off the bat whereas most mutual tastes take a while to uncover.

Ideally, if you're on the market, you'd like to meet someone who shares some of your preferences...whether it's literature, music, movies, food, that kind of thing.

Back in 1991, if you were wearing a NIN t-shirt in a bar and you saw someone wearing a Ministry shirt, you might think, 'Wow, she's hot and she likes good music.' It was just one way to break the ice and this unspoken connection. Hell, I met a girl wearing an Oscar Wilde shirt one time simply because of that shirt. That's a little more literal in terms of interpretation but there's nothing wrong with that from my point of view.

As humans, relationships are about connecting. They're about relating to each other and we do that in a lot of ways. The more we have in common (which is different than suggesting, 'I only like women who appreciate what I like) the more you have to discuss and to share. And sometimes, you can better understand someone when there are mutual likes (even dislikes, sometimes).

And yes, everyone has something to offer and all of that but there are deal breakers. You could probably discern a lot about a woman who listens to Nickelback and wears Christian Audigier. Is it shallow or pretentious for me to assume we wouldn't have much in common? I don't think so...I wouldn't say we couldn't somehow connect but it would be on some pretty questionable levels and it would likely take some time to get there.

That's all...there's nothing wrong with physically/visually connecting with other people by relating to the appearance they project. It's got to start somewhere. Better there than craigslist.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• CHRIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2006

in a way, i applaud merz for maintaining such a stringent sense of idealism

but you have to draw the line somewhere. using a band t-shirt to facilitate a conversation is one thing. expecting to meet people that will have knee jerk reactions to CORAWO is entirely another. alot of us here seem to pay attention to abstractions within details, and it'd be a beautiful thing to meet a potential mate with similar capabilities. but you need to stop and ask yourself... is my focus too restrictive? am i being realistic?

cause really, THINGS ARE COMPLICATED ENOUGH

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

i've a long time ago come to the realization that it's not about 'what' another person likes, but 'why' and 'how'. i'm with the person i'm with because she is gorgeous and has a personality that bowls me over, and i can also relate to her underlying reasons for having the interests she has, rather than merely which specific form those interests take. who gives a rat's ass if she happens to prefer one type of music to another, if we have the same energy? and given that she really hates some of the stuff i wear, i know she feels the same.

conversely, i've met people who like the same shit i like, but for completely different reasons than mine. in fact, i constantly find myself being reminded of how glad i am to be with someone who gets 'me' - i haven't been bored a single second with this girl - whereas i've met (and dismissed) super boring women who dress perfectly to my taste.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                              • Sep 2009

that's a cool picture, casem, with all the different colors of light and shadows and stuff.
                              http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

From personal experience, I can agree it's possible to find love/ happiness/ contentment/ etc. with someone even if they didn't fully relate to your personal aesthetic.

That said, I've always felt most "at home" in the arms of someone who did get it, no explanations necessary. And ideally, who doesn't need me to tell him which shoes he should wear with which outfit.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎