X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    Of course, all of that stuff is utterly inexcusable. That's not really what I was getting at though. I suppose I was saying that when you post here, or generally, you're "asking for it", to some extent, precisely in the way that you really can't be when you just wear stuff in real life.
    It's my fault, I'll try to wear a longer skirt next time.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by shdws View Post
      The Smurfs are ruled under communist dictatorship though, hence the uniforms

what do you mean "though"?

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

Its crazy that many members here have experienced such unpleasant confrontations and i wonder why that is. In all my life no one ever talked to me like that or called me anything remotely like that (so far).

Thus, my conclusion would be that it cant be narrowed down to the individual clothes and style alone, but there might be various different factors. One reason might be that a more androgynous body and face, opposed to a rougher build or face (comparing Merz and AKANYC for example, no offense guys!) might be more inviting for jerks to comment on.

I am not built very big, but my facial expression can be grimmy and arrogant...hahahaha.
        Also i guess its a lot about personal confidence and if you radiate your personality, if you are extroverted, upfront and so on.

And of course the place where you are has to be taken into consideration, surely a vast area somehwere in the Midwest is not the place to wear Rick heels without getting comments...
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

asians r cuter than a bento lunch box and will never garner much fashion ridicule. but what youre saying is right if youre an average looking white guy u can get away with lot more if u weigh 80 pounds and feather your hair people r going to think you look like a fag regardless.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
            asians r cuter than a bento lunch box and will never garner much fashion ridicule. but what youre saying is right if youre an average looking white guy u can get away with lot more if u weigh 80 pounds and feather your hair people r going to think you look like a fag regardless.
            A lot of the brands worn here make you look gay, not all and not with all styling decisions but let's face it, a lot.

I wouldn't call Kunk or AKANYC leather daddies to their faces but in their back, sure. :P

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              A lot of the brands worn here make you look gay, not all and not with all styling decisions but let's face it, a lot.

I wouldn't call Kunk or AKANYC leather daddies to their faces but in their back, sure. :P
              As i've grown older, i've realized that i had worn some pieces of clothing just becuase of the label, or i was more open to wearing an item depending on which label were on the piece.

I avoid that today, by doing my best to ignore them when i dress myself everyday.

but i think a few of the younger guys might suffer from this, those who walk out in the rick skirts and heels may not be doing it had it not been for the rick owens script.

Comment

• shdws
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by PaintedBlack_7 View Post
                As i've grown older, i've realized that i had worn some pieces of clothing just becuase of the label, or i was more open to wearing an item depending on which label were on the piece.

I avoid that today, by doing my best to ignore them when i dress myself everyday.

but i think a few of the younger guys might suffer from this, those who walk out in the rick skirts and heels may not be doing it had it not been for the rick owens script.
                I honestly don't think that the skirt is purchased merely due to the branding dude, it is truly magnificent to look at upon movement, esp longer ones.

I think race has nothing to do with how discussed clothing on SZ forums affect the person donning such items. Let's face it, some can pull it off and some can't, and usually the ones that can pull it off generally will cop less "crap" from on lookers. For ones that can pull it off and if it looks well put together they can exude elegance or just look badass, or both combined.

But I think many of us have to understand, half the people that may look at you weirdly honestly probably don't give a rats ass on how you look, unless they found you physically attractive or very unique. For ones that "seem" to take note, it's only within like 5 seconds they go "lol" and then they are over it. Similarly I bet half you don't even care if you see a guy wearing skin tight jeans, you'd probably say "wtf isn't that just uncomfortable, or even call him homo" (thinking it that is)and get on with what you were doing.
                Last edited by shdws; 03-19-2012, 12:03 PM.
                Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

checking in on SZ on a monday morning

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rilu
                    can only say, wish more men looked gay :p
                    It is unrelated to the outfits and related to how people see such outfits so someone "in the know" (such as you) will have a different perception anyway. DRRRK doesn't look particularly gay to me, for example (looks to be into elaborate and obscure music though), but to some dumb thug he apparently does.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

"if being gay means looking like this/having certain taste/cultural preferences/etc. - i'll take that as a compliment, thank you!".
                      i hate the word but...

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

it all comes down to the connotations people associate with certain items and look. I wear skirts and while I haven't got any comments I wouldn't doubt people are screaming "gay!" to themselves, lol. This is an extreme and obvious example, but obviously even well-fitting clothing to some is even perceived as gay because some regard men who care for appearance must be flamboyantly gay, lol.

its all bullshit in the end because no ones gonna understand unless they are "in the know" like has already been said. Just like how every subculture has an exclusive manner in which they dress that only those who are in it understand.

I don't see how in any way being called "gay" is a compliment, what the hell. Its ok to use this to be non-confrontational I guess, but I wouldn't be like "hah awesome."

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i'd take it as a compliement. i butched it up today though, stooges and flannel.

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            i'd take it as a compliement. i butched it up today though, stooges and flannel.
                            You need that super old rick jacket with the wool flannel parts. I need it too btw, was such a great design.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

^yeah, i found it in large but per rick sizing of old, it fit like a medium

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

"if being gay means looking like this/having certain taste/cultural preferences/etc. - i'll take that as a compliment, thank you!"
                                I've had a lot of people assume I am gay, and a (girl)friend of mine from NYC went as far as saying that I understand her because "you know, you're a bit gay. I mean, you're totally not, but you know what I mean?"
                                Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I ain't... and I have no problem with people assuming I am. May have been the medges and the Chanel nail varnish that tipped it.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎