X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    I've had a lot of people assume I am gay, and a (girl)friend of mine from NYC went as far as saying that I understand her because "you know, you're a bit gay. I mean, you're totally not, but you know what I mean?"
    Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I ain't... and I have no problem with people assuming I am. May have been the medges and the Chanel nail varnish that tipped it.
    How does one go about being a little bit gay though, is it something you learn in British prep schools?
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      How does one go about being a little bit gay though, is it something you learn in British prep schools?
      they read us bitches...
      I went to school in the great American Midwest btw. School of life.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        they read us bitches...
        I went to school in the great American Midwest btw. School of life.
        I wasn't implying you went to school in ze British islands, was just trying to find a place where people were "a little bit gay". Kinda like the equivalent of LUGs.

Comment

• shah
          • Jul 2009

would you generalize that race is a boundary for certain aesthetics ? in that case a line like thamanyah is out of luck ...

Comment

• shah
            • Jul 2009

Well, pretty much what I assumed you meant but wanted to clarify. But now, this concept of costume is an interesting one...wait, should this be in another thread ? What would distinguish a costume from just an outfit if not the audience ? If you have a club of japanophiles then to them this would just constitute dressing as they prefer but outsiders would deem it costume-y. The same can go for post-apocalyptic ninja, charlie chaplin in yohji (someone referred to my fit as such, maybe you agree, but it was just comfortable take on an anti-fit formal wear in black+white in my opinion) ...

Comment

• ..such a great night..

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                no, just that some violations of context and culture appear more ridiculous (within and outside of that culture) than others.

for instance, plenty of white folks engage in anime cosplay, furries and femskins. but this is understood (within popular consciousness) to be dressing up in costume. this is sort of complicated further by the costume (japanese host) being japanese by definition in the same way that a femskin is female.

uncontrol's mode of dress is taken similarly as dressing up in a costume, where that isn't his apparent intention. its the difference between the village people dressed as construction workers and de facto construction workers.

oh crap, are we lapsing into the gay thing again?
                But aren't most of you guys dressing in some sort of ninja/anime/pseudo-goth costume to most viewers? Why is it being a "costume" relevant, I'm not sure I even get how the concept should be defined.

Comment

• Uncontrol
                  • Feb 2008

I think my current style cannot really be compared to host style at all. Probably I would have drawn that comparison myself a year ago. Not now, though. Leopard has been purged from my closet at least.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Uncontrol View Post
                    I think my current style cannot really be compared to host style at all. Probably I would have drawn that comparison myself a year ago. Not now, though. Leopard has been purged from my closet at least.
                    "Leopard is vulgar but you must always have a few pieces in your closet." (my own translation) -Deneuve

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

i'm on the edge of my seat, waiting w baited breath for the word authenticity to enter the discussion.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

i'll believe it when mail-moth wears it. (consider that my violet-scented gauntlet being cast..)
                        I believe Miss Deneuve was adressing elegant women not rustic glentlemen.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

cut it out, you temperley-wearing fashionista, you.
                          lol. j/k, ur making some good points. carry on...

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            But aren't most of you guys dressing in some sort of ninja/anime/pseudo-goth costume to most viewers?
                            i wouldn't say "most". some, but not most.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

annnnnnddddddd after all this merz comes correct with a genuine lol
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                                lol. j/k, ur making some good points. carry on...
                                Snort! Water under the bridge ok, Shucks? Makie-up hug?

Perhaps there's even an appropriate lolcat to nail the point?

Okay, one day I'll place a killer Lolcat, but until then, I'll leave the animated .gifs to CJBreed and Interest1.

MBD
                                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎