• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

A very nice entrance into the WAYWT thread
    that is borderline HOF,

everything is just perfect!
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• docus, you are the second one who gardening without the apron.) great fit. Love how wellies soles match murray stickers

howhighthemoon, like it very much

Comment

• christianef
        • Feb 2009

nice howhigh, what size the ann cardi thought i remember that thing fitting hugeeeeeeeeee? that one mite fit me

nvrmind its Schneider looks alot like the ovr sized ann d one

Comment

• mattizzle
          • Oct 2011

RO
          Incarnation

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by seenmy View Post

Philip Patterson hat
            soloist shirt and pants
            ann d henley
            birks
            This is awful.

-Black is really hard to pair with the right shade of brown but it can happen, here the tee just messes up everything, clashes with the flannel AND the shoes.

-A good Birkenstock fit is a contradiction in terms like a tender rapist or Nazi rabbi. This is the kind of re-appropriation of classic (read boring) outdoor shit that Japanese mags are really pushing and that is only understandable when looking at it through the prism of their own culture. There is no reason for you to do it except undiscerning trend hopping and cultural styling tourism.

-You have a Williamsburg hipster beard/hair and are pairing it with a hat that reminds me of 2005-2006 (beards coming back). This is ok when you're doing some harsh Poell fits but here you look like a hippiester, the worst possible outcome of combining two already awful subcultures.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              There is no reason for you to do it except undiscerning trend hopping and cultural styling tourism.
              are u saying he's not authentic??

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

epic discussions in the last 10 pages or so... great reading on my rare day off. Sad to have missed the deleted components though
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  epic discussions in the last 10 pages or so... great reading on my rare day off. Sad to have missed the deleted components though
                  Glad you got a day off, you should have jumped on a plane to Brooklyn

and you dont wanna know what was deleted..........
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• seenmy
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    This is awful.

-Black is really hard to pair with the right shade of brown but it can happen, here the tee just messes up everything, clashes with the flannel AND the shoes.

-A good Birkenstock fit is a contradiction in terms like a tender rapist or Nazi rabbi. This is the kind of re-appropriation of classic (read boring) outdoor shit that Japanese mags are really pushing and that is only understandable when looking at it through the prism of their own culture. There is no reason for you to do it except undiscerning trend hopping and cultural styling tourism.

-You have a Williamsburg hipster beard/hair and are pairing it with a hat that reminds me of 2005-2006 (beards coming back). This is ok when you're doing some harsh Poell fits but here you look like a hippiester, the worst possible outcome of combining two already awful subcultures.

as if you bothered to write all that

Comment

• Eye
                      • Jan 2010

well didnt miss a part of the last debates and still hiding behind my lack of vocabulary to avoid participation but it felt very refreshing
                      shucks on the rock, would like to see some pictures in motion
                      agreed with fuuma on the shoes, they look like they've been chosen by default for the outfit (they remain me of crocs everyone is wearing at the hospital) i'd have put the n(n) ss07 boots to insist on the chilin cowboy feeling
                      WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                        are u saying he's not authentic??
                        I'm saying he is standing outside the culture so he has a chance to escape it's awful fashion diktat.

Now I understand he is english but looking like you're going to a renaissance fair should still be avoided...

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

I like the birks
                          I should dig out my old black nubuk pair and wear them with my floor length black satin Yohji evening gown. It would be the perfect high/low mix to go grocery shopping and/or walk the dog

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                            I like the birks
                            I should dig out my old black nubuk pair and wear them with my floor length black satin Yohji evening gown. It would be the perfect high/low mix to go grocery shopping and/or walk the dog
                            INTERDIT!!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              Glad you got a day off, you should have jumped on a plane to Brooklyn

and you dont wanna know what was deleted..........
                              Haha, will be in NYC around the 3rd weekend of next month. Will let you know brother!

Judging from the direction and intensity the discourse was going... probably didn't really want to know.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

CDGH+ / CDGH / Ann D / Alden

Alternative pic.
                                Last edited by Mail-Moth; 07-17-2012, 04:41 AM.
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎