Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

Those slippers....

Comment

• fncyths
      • Apr 2010

Spent my holiday up in Big Sur.

Henry Miller Library, Julia Pfeiffer Beach, Esalen Institue... Such a magical place.

Thanks to hommedeguerre for the Ann D vest!

Vintage frames / Geller / Ann D / Yohji /
      Originally posted by Shucks
      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by merz
        shucks, i like you and have respected your contributions to this forum over the years. i'm hard pressed to understand whether your question was serious or not. it would be pretty stupid of me to come out swinging with comparisons, diagrams and shit to an obvious troll.

rick's dresses may not look like a pleated delphos, but often follow a peplos tunic shape (as seen there) and have the characteristic fabric tension in natural, uneven folds of the fabric.. (besides that he has delved into everything from empire to drop waist, to bias-cut numbers, to balenciaga and charles james references..

assuming your question to be serious would be an insult to your intelligence on my part.

my question was totally serious - it is more insulting to hear you dismiss it for being too unintelligent to be a real question, than if you were to have taken it at face value. but it's all good - no beef here.

from your earlier comment it seemed to me that you were suggesting that this was a dress in the style of rick's fortuny-inspired stuff. i still do not see any of that, whatsoever. there's a bit of bias-pulling on it maybe, but so what? how is that classicism?

in any case, i do not see any waist in this dress, neither empire or otherwise. and even a shorter (neo-)classical tunic has one - whether tied or in the cut. and this piece is not even tunic length. in fact, i think it's rather an awkward length for a dress considering the volume of it - that's why i still stand behind OJ on this being a pretty unflattering and uninteresting piece. there is no line, no silhouette, nothing that breaks with the bigness and yes, rectangularity of it.

in my opinion it's not a very good dress. not a big deal, but not a good dress either.

so feel free to break out some diagrams and comparisons, i'm not trolling. in fact, it would be kind of interesting (to me) for you to go into some detail on this to see how i am wrong. up to you.
        Last edited by Shucks; 09-13-2012, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Rosenrot
          • Aug 2010

Look, it's just a terrible angle, alright. This is the bloody dress in question.

Originally posted by Patroklus
          Better too adventurous than not enough
          everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

Out of curiosity, post up a pic of a woman in Toronto that you think is well dressed. Or if you can't, then state the area(s) of Toronto where you like how the women are dressed. You know, like Yorkville, Queen West, Parkdale, King St etc.

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
            I actually prefer the average woman in more fitted clothes than the drapey look she is going for. maybe it looks better in motion
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

"Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar"

Found another problem here :

On the contrary, here one can see a nice play on complementary ergonomic shapes, between the dick dangling strings and the anatomical cut out in the PH jacket.
              Allows AKA to be at ease, anytime of the day and night and under any circumstances.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                • Aug 2010

Now I know what those dangling strings are meant for.
                Originally posted by Patroklus
                Better too adventurous than not enough
                everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Czx
                  • Feb 2011

Hahahah Christian that is a beauty.

I think the discussion in itself could be interesting but why make an argument into a flaming contest? That's downright low.

While I'm here - looks great AKA. Maybe a bit too much of the shades for my taste as someone else mentioned but I wouldn't think about pairing Harnden with Owens. To my suprise - it works. The piece itself isn't that Harnden as somebody mentioned so it propably helps, but still.
                  néant
                  Last.FM paranoia
                  Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                  0 > ∞

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
                    Look, it's just a terrible angle, alright. This is the bloody dress in question.
                    I would wear this dress. Although I have a feeling it would look better on you.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Dropt
                      • May 2009

Fucking cubicles, how do they work ?

Comment

• TheThief
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                        avout, that's what I thought so too- she do not deserve any of this, especially from someone like that. I think she is doing a really good job in term of choosing a fabric and cut that fit her body so perfectly which is why I beg her if I could take her photos. I don't think I'll do it anymore. I really respect her and now I am ashamed of myself on behalf of all that is happening.

ps: note taken though, I really though the watch is a little excessive myself too, but I can't live without it so I will have to lose the chain
                        and this is how new members who contribute in a positive way get scared off.

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

since the pissing contest has slowed down to a trickle i think what this all boils down to is that if i saw shuit and his lady friend walking around it would make me smile and secretly think to myself that we shared a common hidden knowledge in darkness. with illiciting that reaction i feel both outfits have achieved their goals.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                            avout, that's what I thought so too- she do not deserve any of this, especially from someone like that. I think she is doing a really good job in term of choosing a fabric and cut that fit her body so perfectly which is why I beg her if I could take her photos. I don't think I'll do it anymore. I really respect her and now I am ashamed of myself on behalf of all that is happening.
                            There's no reason really. One member being rude and another saying he finds the dress OK but not that great - I don't see why you would have to blame yourself for this.

I personally think she looks fine, and honestly I'm a bit more concerned about your fit : This shiny chain, this shirt that indeed looks too short, or the way your pants fall on your boots - but this last part may simply be an effect of the pose.

Ivwri : I'm a bit late, but this fit was really something.
                            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                              • Jan 2008

leave it to AKA to combine Rick & Paul in a way that reminds me of my level 55 kobold shadowblade in Dark Age of Camelot... madness.

[read: this is a good thing]

-

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

Thoughts on the last few pages:
                                - Christian's neckline was just fine. I wear mine like that.
                                - Shuit's drag persona's dress is dope, I'd wear it.
                                - my fav sweaters are rectangular. I'd wear them if it wasn't ninety five.

Wtf is with all the hatin lately. In my day haters were properly despised.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎