Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleven crows
    • Mar 2011

Faust rocking one of Devoa's best pieces. Do you find it substantial enough for when the temperature plummets?

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I trust Zam with ANYTHING. He is truly a fantastic tailor. Hats off.
      Yea?
      really............does anything means clothes, or does it mean ANYTHING?

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
      I need to make a trip down to NYC. I've resisted having mine shortened for fear they would botch it trying to get through the multiple layers.
      you dont have to come to NYC, you can send them.......LOL
      even though I should not say this publicly because we had pretty much closed the alterations operation because it was beginning to get in the way of the main work we do and affecting our relationships with clients. I am contemplating opening it again because we get so many requests, and i think I will be hiring someone whom i trust the way Faust trust me with ANYTHING
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Icarium
        • Oct 2010

That's be awesome Zamb. I have yet to find a tailor I trust to alter sleeve length on almost anything :/

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
          • Oct 2010

Dopeness on the Devoa Faust. I think there's going to be a run on this jacket - funnel collars as a rule are hard to resist.

Zam, I will start a petition for you to bring back alterations. I'm scared to take *anything* to most tailors that's not a basic hem job.

I remember really loving the tailor who did the work for the Helmut Lang shop on Greene St. back in the day...

Rick Owens 2011 Limo Swallowtail Bustier
          Rick Owens 2011 Limo High Waisted Drop-crotch pants, both in silk/cotton. So comfortable, like pyjamas.

I threw on the shoes for the pic - they are Costume National 1996(?) - one of the first expensive shoe purchases I ever made. I think they broke $200.

Just as everyone is starting to feel colors, I wear something black, which isn't often (though somehow damn near everyone thinks I do. Case in point, I was meeting Ochre and Jogu for dinner a few weeks ago. They were huddled outside the restaurant looking for me - they didn't recognize me until I was standing right in front of them because I was wearing beige.)

MBD
          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• eleven crows
            • Mar 2011

Sadly there won't be a run on that jacket as it's two seasons past. There's always hope for the classifieds...

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

CdG H+ blazer
              Y's scarf and trousers
              Muji shirt
              Uniqlo cardigan
              DMs ('80s emergency service personnel issue)
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post

Just as everyone is starting to feel colors, I wear something black,
                MBD
                lol i member this , she was turnin the corner and i think ochre was like here she comes and i looked behind me and i was like nah shes not wearin black but then it turned out to be her . that was fun as all hell , good restrnt choice also

Comment

• chameleon
                  • Jun 2008

naturally I love this, syed. Glad to see you posting fits again. Is the jacket navy, or is this all black? This looks like such a perfectly comfortable everyday uniform to me. Great stuff.

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

ey i'll fight killah for that scarf

Comment

• Rosenrot
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by rider View Post

rosenrot, glad to see you wear those brancusi's as much as you do, they really suit you...here they pick up the folds in the bag nicely, you did this intentionally i have no doubt. is the coat owens? the pinned collar threw me but it's idyllic and i am pretty sure i prefer it pinned than open. do you ever wear colored tights, just curious because i have some and never seem to steer towards them, although dove grey with black boots tempt me when i wear all dark colors.
                      Thanks rider. The outerwear is actually a sleeveless vest I made myself, which is the same piece I wore here. I used a hair pin to keep it in place.

I do have a collection of coloured tights, some are printed lycra that rivals Mcqueen's Plato Atlantis leggings. For coloured, non-printed tights, I'd usually match the rest of my clothes in the same colour but different shades. Might be a little matchy matchy, I know, but shades of olive/grey/cream/white can be a nice change from all black.

rilu, I like the monochromatic combination, especially how it looks from the back, it's perfectly balanced like yin&yang
                      Originally posted by Patroklus
                      Better too adventurous than not enough
                      everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• killah
                        • Jun 2009

syed mbd n rilu looking good~

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                        ey i'll fight killah for that scarf
                        Fight me bro.

Hentai cap
                        Ann D jacket
                        Undercover bomber + scarf
                        Lanvin shirt
                        Ann D pants
                        Avantindietro spiral zips

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

you play guilty gear right?
                          my mains r robo ky and bridget i'll bust on dat ass homie
                          samurai shodown?
                          my ukyo game is unstoppable
                          name the arcade

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

imminent SZ throwdown
                            ps dope fit killah
                            outta context the ann d jacket looks like you're molting skin

Comment

• Ochre
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                              lol i member this , she was turnin the corner and i think ochre was like here she comes and i looked behind me and i was like nah shes not wearin black but then it turned out to be her . that was fun as all hell , good restrnt choice also
                              haha shit. This was a good night. Both of you look great in your recent posts by the way.

Comment

• avout
                                • Nov 2011

Psh, my Ukyo could take all of yours together (provided we're talking SS2). Wait, did everyone on SZ main Ukyo? There must be some deep behaviorist lesson to be drawn from this...

MBD that looks fantastic, reminds me of how good Limo was. Syed looks great too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎