X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mewtu
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post
    Looks good, what suit is that? Also, aren't the sleeves too short? I like shorter sleeves a la Thom Browne, but I was thinking that for an interview you'd be expected to be more formal and convervative. I'm looking for a job right now, so I might be going to job interviews soon, so the picture got me thinking.

EDIT: Is that a TB suit afterall?
    thanks, it is actually from j crew lol. but yes, I went with the "thom browne" esque short sleeves and legs style. I'm 6'3'' so I think it doesn't make me look too short. Might have the sleeves let out a half inch next time I go to the tailor though.

And it was for a job in the fashion industry, yes :)
    Originally Posted by ProfMonitoff: "Then my friend's cat crapped on it and the dry cleaner couldn't fix it "

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

^ Damn, it looks really good, never would have thought it was some regular high street. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a suit myself, you see...

Redhotaj: I really like everything about the fit except for the color of the pants. It's not that it's bad - it would just look way better if everything was just black...

EDIT: Just looked up j.crew, more expensive than I thought, but still not bad. Have to check it out next time I'm abroad!

Comment

• Zenith
        • Jun 2009

Freezing cold, looks like I'm in a neck brace and about to commit a crime, but I don't care, warmest jacket I've worn in a long time. Wearing a skewed number of under layers so the shoulders look off

Comment

• the breaks
          • Sep 2007

that suit looks really good for j crew

i'm almost finding it hard to believe it is in fact j crew
          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• nahneun
            • Feb 2011

Being 6'3" helps make a lot of things look good

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

mate i'm 6'4 and everything i tried on on my one visit to j crew fit like a burlap sack
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• nahneun
                • Feb 2011

You guys have 9-10 inches on me :( chances are, most things fit you guys a lot better than they do me... he probably got the j. crew tailored though

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

Rider: happy belated berfday wishes to our queen of shoes

Zenith: or hemorrhoid pillow for the neck? I definitely think you won't have to worry about getting whiplash, ever, wearing it!

Have you considered a knit muffler?

Kuce: Raf and Helmut sitting in a tree...and that's Peir, who didn't come to the party!

Looking swell as ever.

MBD
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• pseudonym
                    • Jun 2009

Heat wave in NYC... Well 50 degrees...
                    First day without sweater & scarf in a while.

PH cotton mac
                    YY cotton shirt
                    DRKSHDW waxed bitter detroits
                    CDIEM reversed leather
                    Last edited by pseudonym; 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Ann Demeulemeester Silk Wrap with Brass Sequins & Ties (silk)
                      Ann Demeulemeester Silk Skirt with Snap buttons (silk, metal)
                      over Ann Demeulemeester Lightlane Cropped Pants
                      Ann Demeulemeester Asymmetrical Placket Long Coat
                      Compass Necklace (my own creation)
                      Ann Demeulemeester Old Sandals

This is a little warm even for today's 65 F weather in Chicago.

...And no Balenciaga dress for the library. This is typical of what I wearing to work at the university. In fact, I'm gonna wear some variation of it now to work.

MBD
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• pseudonym
                        • Jun 2009

MBD - you look great.

This is just an incredible pairing of fabrics/weights/lengths/proportions.

Chicago? For some reason I thought you were on the west coast?

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Wow MBD you look great in Ann, I think it's my fave fit from you Really love the 2nd pic, even your hair seems to be styled perfectly with the outfit.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post

This is a little warm even for today's 65 F weather in Chicago.
                            小姐, looking good as usual. May be a slight problem in Jan. I'll tell you more when I know more.

Comment

• Mewtu
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                              ^ Damn, it looks really good, never would have thought it was some regular high street. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a suit myself, you see...

Redhotaj: I really like everything about the fit except for the color of the pants. It's not that it's bad - it would just look way better if everything was just black...

EDIT: Just looked up j.crew, more expensive than I thought, but still not bad. Have to check it out next time I'm abroad!
                              student discount ;) so that helps. It was like 550 I think.

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                              that suit looks really good for j crew

i'm almost finding it hard to believe it is in fact j crew
                              well, I had it tailored quite a bit.
                              Originally Posted by ProfMonitoff: "Then my friend's cat crapped on it and the dry cleaner couldn't fix it "

Comment

• fncyths
                                • Apr 2010

Wait.....

Why are we talking about JCrew suits here? Y'all need to take this conversation back to Starbuck's on your 15 min. power lunch break.

Back to work kids...

Originally posted by Shucks
                                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                                Originally posted by interest1
                                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎