Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

EDIT: either, or.. don't forget some leather, rider!

kunk, I love that you're getting stone for your birthday! Smart man. *Because you knew your wife would NEVER get you a Rick jacket.

p.s. I really like those extra-narrow floor planks. I recently laid down the equivalent of barn board, so they're actually extra, extra wide. But no more jibber jabber on that. You know what happened when we started trading whiskey sour recipes over in the Rick thread.
    sain't

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

Pulp non-fiction...its a Catalog

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
        • May 2013

Originally posted by snafu View Post
        'its like you have jumped on the last carriage of the SZ train and are buying as much as you can to fit in.'
        ' But you seem bothered, im not a bully, just not everything has to be written in a PC manner.'
        I don't get this, here's why

I want to start wearing very different clothes to what i used to wear and i appreciate somethings on SZ so i buy into those looks, what's wrong with that?
        sometimes i do feel not entirely comfortable the first time i wear something but am so after people say it looks good, or the other way people say it looks bad and then i 'seem bothered'. It's something new to me, and not to speak on Vehk's behalf, but perhaps is for him too, so why are you so unwelcoming to people trying new styles?

You seem to perhaps be the one 'bothered' and protective about your exclusivity 'train'?

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

Many a sour has spilled on those narrow planks

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

i think maybe the issue is just that we dont know vehk that well yet , least i dont . i know the name now cos ive seen enough of his fits in waywt to remember it but other than that i have no idea what kinda stuff hes into , what other designers he likes , i dont even know where hes from . when u dont know someone that well its hard to gauge like if theyre just fuckin around cos its trendy or if they actually like what theyre wearin . from time to time u get new ppl that join , post a few fits and thats it .
            its a bummer if thats all someone wants get out of this forum cos theres so much more to it . shit ive had chats w/ members offline about baseball , one of em even joined my tabletop rpg group to throw some d20's , and i recently remembered an old childhood fav gumby in another thread . was definitely a nice lil surprise which was awesome to me

i like kunks new leather fit too AND the black fridge of doom

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jogu View Post
              i think maybe the issue is just that we dont know vehk that well yet , least i dont . i know the name now cos ive seen enough of his fits in waywt to remember it but other than that i have no idea what kinda stuff hes into , what other designers he likes , i dont even know where hes from . when u dont know someone that well its hard to gauge like if theyre just fuckin around cos its trendy or if they actually like what theyre wearin . from time to time u get new ppl that join , post a few fits and thats it .
              its a bummer if thats all someone wants get out of this forum cos theres so much more to it . shit ive had chats w/ members offline about baseball , one of em even joined my tabletop rpg group to throw some d20's , and i recently remembered an old childhood fav gumby in another thread . was definitely a nice lil surprise which was awesome to me

i like kunks new leather fit too AND the black fridge of doom
              Oh, we know vehk very well. He's Jin, one of merz's minions.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• arby2001
                • Jan 2011

why should people be judged on when they joined SZ or starting wearing the stuff? if snafu had his way, i'd be buying cdiem when i was 11 years old? absurd...
                too skinny for rick

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

i was wondering if anyone else had noticed vehk was jin. well, i for one am glad he's back and wish the others would come back too.
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Dude was vicious enough to delete all of his posts - I would have enough self-respect to NOT come back.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

he wasn't exactly being sneaky, what with the countless cross-posts across fb/sz/uw/sufu/etc...
                      —
                      -

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                        fuckin around cos its trendy or if they actually like what theyre wearin . from time to time u get new ppl that join , post a few fits and thats it .
                        what's wrong with fuckin around cause its trendy?
                        Besides stylezeitgeist isn't 'trendy', stylezeitgeist is a mix of backward and forward its just something completely different but, to flatter most of you, it's avant-garde more so than trendy surely?
                        trendy is mainstream/cool?
                        I don't think a load of middle aged fellas in quirky leathers and goth gowns will ever be trendy :D

I think a lot of the older members are a bit defensive of the exclusivity..
                        you should welcome us new, and mostly younger people, same with arby i would've been around 10 when this started

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Your post is misguided. You confuse some members' dislike of fashionistas with desire for exclusivity. BTW, jogu is a) young and b) one of the most easy-going members here. I think you misunderstood his post. Which is somewhat understandable, because hetypezlikethis. ;-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                            • May 2013

What the hell is a fashionista?
                            Took me a second to realise hetypezlikethis also

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

i'll interject for a sec, i think theres nothing wrong being trendy but it's not exactly for a place like this. if you read over the manifesto on the very first page it's explained pretty clearly that sz is aimed to exist independent of celebrity, bloggers, hypebeasts, and . if something that members of sz are partial to catches on, re: rick hop, then so be it but there is a bigger focus on not being into trendy luxury gear just because it's "hot right now". what you wear on the outside should be an extension of how you feel on the inside. when you're flip flopping aesthetically it takes away the expression of self/inherent individualism and thats where one would fall into the backlash of being labeled trendy. i love ccp but its not me and you wont catch me in a full ccp kit because i see other members here wearing it head to toe. i think the main thing is being "trendy" is principally against knowing who you are and doesnt really say shit.

Comment

• Arcane
                                • Jul 2008

I'd say it basically comes down to developing your own style rather than jumping on the bandwagon. Which is what makes SZ different from a lot of other fashion forums.

There have been quite a few members on here who have flooded the purchase and WAYWT threads for a couple of months with flavor of the day shit cause it looks cool without really having a genuine interest in what actually goes on in here.

That's how I see it anyway.
                                Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎