Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

the-orb. i love the aviator. and i know it cost a mint so don't get discouraged about it, just wear it unzipped, that's all. but yeah the grey pants need to go with other greys and the like. they're tough to make work with the black...
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• rickandjulius
      • Feb 2014

Excuse the dead look in my eyes.

All Rick as per usual.

Comment

• fncyths
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
        You might as well have taken the picture sitting on the pot.

I swear, I don't understand how people can snap photos of themselves in "their finest" while posing next to a toilet. Sigh.
        what if someone else snaps it for you...

p - eno is getting big man! looking good!

also,
        chucks are about as timeless as a white t, vintage leather etc. etc. I agree that some of Rick's more boisterous looks require equally substantial foot wear.

For years I paired super skinny detroits with white leather hi tops or varvatos hi tops / add a dark denim slave or worker jacket and boom - rock and roll.

play around with those proportions. I agree with some of the others that pods and such look better with a sportier shoe, nike, new balance etc.

Originally posted by Shucks
        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
        Originally posted by interest1
        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• zen dog
          • Jan 2014

^ good response. I'm waiting for the sub-thread "How much stacking is OK when pants down?" and the follow-up name for excessive stacking- "stalling"

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Long aviator, open and closed.

With BBS cotton top, THVM jeans, and m.a.+ baclzips.

I must say, the long aviator is also tricky and looks better, ironically, on someone short like me. On someone tall the length looks simply off, neither short, nor long. The sleeves have taken a serious chopping, and I am tempted to take off another centimeter.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

I'd shop the sleeves to have them fall at the beginning of your thumb. I get what you are saying about length: on you it is a coat, on someone taller it would be more of a layering piece and it is quite heavy for that.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• docus
                • Dec 2010

the-orb - it's good to see some Linea and m.a+ on here. I wonder if a white top might work better, balancing the black and grey?

Comment

• francojean23
                  • Sep 2008

Agreed, I think you're right to consider chopping the sleeves a bit more.

Have to say though, even the long aviator looks a bit weird zipped up. Looks great open... Long top with tight pants looks too much like a skirt.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
                    Agreed, I think you're right to consider chopping the sleeves a bit more.

Have to say though, even the long aviator looks a bit weird zipped up. Looks great open... Long top with tight pants looks too much like a skirt.
                    precisely what i like about said combo.

-

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                      precisely what i like about said combo.
                      Me too! It has really grown on me. I can't even look at short tops any more, lol. Damn you, Rick!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the-orb
                        • Jun 2009

Good to get some m.a+ going around again! I agree that my proportions are probably not ideal for the cut, but I wouldn't say they are unflattering or plain wrong. Here is how I usually wear it with a single layer underneath, without zipping up all the way:

The shoulders do look slightly dropped but I find the more relaxed look more natural on this particular model. In Faust's pic, I find the fit a bit too formal or constrained in the shoulder area. Although I haven't tried on the long version, I'm pretty sure the length would look awkward with my height. At least that has been the case with pieces of similar length. Oh, and don't bash me for wearing white pants - this is not meant to be a "proper SZ-friendly" WAYWT pic anyway :) It's just to show the fit and the color better. Ironically, most of my pants are dark, but the weather's still nice - I'll have plenty of time for those in the months to come.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Landadel View Post

Last day of summer.
                          First outfit contribution by me on SZ.
                          Please be kind.

Rick Owens x 3
                          Converse
                          I suppose someone might go about calling this the "normcore of Rick Owens" which I would normally hate... but I like the relaxed... not alienating nature of this outfit. Being said, nothing is particularly great about this outfit, but nothing is horrible either. You look like some dude who's going to go about his day in town.

Let's face it, anything chunky like standard RO footwear/sneakers would make this outfit be ridiculous looking since the knees and up are so slim/basic/minimal. Silhouette wise, the Cons are probably the most optimal choice.

Comment

• imblurredout
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post

Excuse the dead look in my eyes.

All Rick as per usual.
                            I think this would be a lot better with a pair of detroits instead. The shirt flap doubling with the sweat pant drop doesn't work for me, too much dropped crotching.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
                              I think this would be a lot better with a pair of detroits instead. The shirt flap doubling with the sweat pant drop doesn't work for me, too much dropped crotching.
                              Pants are actually cropped astaire's. I like how the flap interacts with the cropped pants!

I'm not a fan of those boots with detroits to be honest.

Comment

• Landadel
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                                I suppose someone might go about calling this the "normcore of Rick Owens" which I would normally hate... but I like the relaxed... not alienating nature of this outfit. Being said, nothing is particularly great about this outfit, but nothing is horrible either. You look like some dude who's going to go about his day in town.

Let's face it, anything chunky like standard RO footwear/sneakers would make this outfit be ridiculous looking since the knees and up are so slim/basic/minimal. Silhouette wise, the Cons are probably the most optimal choice.
                                Thank you.
                                I was concentrating on a calm color combination and besides with the delicate material of the basket swingers I don´t know if sturdier footwear would ruin the look. Does anyone have a fit pic with these shorts on hand?
                                I´m fairly new to Rick (bought my first piece in April) and still gotta figure out a few things.

BTW, I´m a little sad, because no one noticed Thomas the Engine in the background.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎